Shortsandlongs

That's a point goose... It's not a problem for you but say spanish was trading with spreadex and you saw his threads... Theoretically would you have to close his accounts as he would have made you blatantly aware he was unsuitable for spreadbetting?

Cool, you can teach me about 1-2-3 trading. I was put off by Spanish's thread because I can't draw cars!

Nothing to teach mate. Dead simple and it works, most of the time !

Random FTSE 1min chart from today I think ! Hmmmm anyways. Drawn on 1-2-3 entries highlighted with pink spray. Descending triangle in there too.

Anyways......it's attached. I'm sure you know what 1-2-3's are.

Alas none of the crash bang wallop or lock, drop and load stuff of spanish. Just a boring chart with some pink dots. Also none of those mad lines all over. I've only drawn lines to show up and down trends. THERE NOT TREND LINES ! just lines to show direction.

@ Arabian....After people see this mess they might think I'm not suitable for spread betting !!!:)

Attachments

• 1-2-3 BABY.PNG
    1-2-3 BABY.PNG
    103.9 KB · Views: 178
Hello,

I have obviously taken a bit of stick on here over the last few weeks and the prime concerns were the background images and the premium rate number.

The images were changed a couple of weeks ago and the premium rate number is to be scrapped also.

I don't know the full details yet but I believe support will be offered between 9-5 on a local rate number.

I will give an update once the changes have been made.

In the meantime please feel free to enhance my rep for sticking to my word!!

Ian

Hello Goose,

Now I hate to be the bearer of bad news because you seem like a decent chap but I have decided that I am going to take advantage of the offer of £100 cashback against losses and so without risking any of my own money, I am going to run my account up into many millions and in the process, pretty much reduce Shorts and Longs to insolvency.

Many apologies for this to all the staff there.

Kind Regards,

Trader Dante.

Hello Goose,

Now I hate to be the bearer of bad news because you seem like a decent chap but I have decided that I am going to take advantage of the offer of £100 cashback against losses and so without risking any of my own money, I am going to run my account up into many millions and in the process, pretty much reduce Shorts and Longs to insolvency.

Kind Regards,

Trader Dante.

Just don't scalp forex etc TD or the puppet masters will get you:LOL:

That's a point goose... It's not a problem for you but say spanish was trading with spreadex and you saw his threads... Theoretically would you have to close his accounts as he would have made you blatantly aware he was unsuitable for spreadbetting?

I don't think his posts about trading would have caused concern because you just don't know whether he was a wind up merchant. Obviously, fraudulent activity would regard him as unsuitable and the account would be closed, that's if we knew about it though!

I haven't read all of the posts, I don't actually know what the dodgy activity was. I just love reading the debate on whether that thread should be closed. Goose

Good to go ! I believe where all the attempts had been made to log in my account had been locked up. Quick 2 min conversation with Brett and we're up and running.

You going to be adding charts to your platform, Ian ?

Up and running and it looks pretty sweet. FTSE price nice and fast.

Hello Goose,

Kind Regards,

Trader Dante.

Mate, this isn't the competition anymore when you can keep resetting your account!!!

Good to go ! I believe where all the attempts had been made to log in my account had been locked up. Quick 2 min conversation with Brett and we're up and running.

Cool, I'm pleased we got there in the end.
As a result of this mess, IT and marketing are going to eliminate the need to 'activate the account' so it should just be a one page application form and you're away (subject to approval)

As for charts, the plan is to add them but it will be some time yet. We looked into providers and they can be very expensive. Personally I want everything and I want it now, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. It's a hard juggling act between satisfying the wants and not spanking needless money.

If I could trade with Shortsandlongs I would regardless of charts. The spreads and margining to stops would be a great lure to me.

Thanks for the 1-2-3 info by the way, I'm not sure I fully get it. I could make arguments for the 'pink dots' to go in other places. Any sites or threads you recommend?

Cheers,
Ian

How well do they execute, that is my main concern.

Give him a chance, he's only just got the account up and running :)

Gle, i'm not sure this should be your main concern - accounts can only be opened by UK residents for the time being.

Ian

Give him a chance, he's only just got the account up and running :)

Gle, i'm not sure this should be your main concern - accounts can only be opened by UK residents for the time being.

Ian
Ian, no need to get personal. I am just interested to know how a new SB on the block is performing.

Ian, no need to get personal. I am just interested to know how a new SB on the block is performing.

No worries, feel free to enquire. I just didn't want to disappoint you at a later stage.

From what I see, not too many trades are being rejected and when they are, it's been about 40-60 on whether the next price request has gone in favour of the client. I'm sure it won't be long before someone has a moan though, but as he said in an earlier post, Dilesh had one but got a better price.

Ian

How well do they execute, that is my main concern.

FTSE price moving quickly and bang inline with IG charts. Tried to take a long FTSE but didn't have the Roll Trade clicked to yes or no ! Doh !

Anyways, Re Charts not a problem I'll just use IG Index !

No worries, feel free to enquire. I just didn't want to disappoint you at a later stage.

From what I see, not too many trades are being rejected and when they are, it's been about 40-60 on whether the next price request has gone in favour of the client. I'm sure it won't be long before someone has a moan though, but as he said in an earlier post, Dilesh had one but got a better price.

Ian
No problem, With tight spread there is bound to be some trade rejections.

Ian,

Just a quickie. If I was long £1 a point of dow and I want to reverse that position short. If I sold £2 of dow would that close the long out and enter me £1 short ??

If you can do 3pt spread on Dow when the cash is closed, surely you can make it 2pt when it's open, when the underlying spread is nearly always 1pt?