Shortsandlongs

Yes, a 2pt Dow spread when the cash is open and YM is nearly always 1pt will bring in the business.

S&L account login doesn't seem to be working...I can't get into it...nothing happening when I try to login.

Quote removed

Agree with Phil a 2 point spread would be a MASSIVE draw I think you're possibly underestimating the amount of people it would bring to the Shorts&Longs platform.

The only other company (sb) that I can think of offering a 2 point DOW spread are that tin pot Irish outfit World Spreads.

If going down the 2 point spread route means you end up like that lot....please please don't do it and end up like them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Posts relating to these ads have been removed. The ASA don't seem to like them very much (I can't imagine why), ShortsAndLongs were expressly told that T2W would not run these ads.

If they're posted again or links to them are posted again, they'll be removed again and the poster will be banned permanently - simple as that.

Matt,

Having seen your message and e-mail, I just visited the marketing team and there have been issues behind the scenes that I was not aware of.

I apologise for posting the links, I only did so because they were in the public domain and I was told they would be going on T2W and was also responding to posts on this thread.

Personally and I am only representing myself here... I think they are getting their knickers in a twist over nothing but Matt, you have a job to do and I will certainly respect that.

Cheers
Ian

go on goose, don't let the man get you down!

LOL, look what you started!
Next time you guys organise a meet up in the city, let me know and i'll swing by, buy a round of drinks and plaster the pub with the adverts they wanted to run with!! (Matt, that's a joke)

Goose

All publicity's good publicity Goose!

(even the bad stuff if you went to the Ryanair school of business!)

All publicity's good publicity Goose!

(even the bad stuff if you went to the Ryanair school of business!)

Foredog, please don't mention Ryanair to me again. One month after September the 11th they put me on the wrong plane. Funny story and I'm sure I won't do it justice on here and also I don't want Michael O'Leary on my back. Maybe Shorts and Longs should take a leaf out of their book and charge for overtrading, stop losses, printed statements etc but in return offer one point spreads on everything... (i'm on to an idea here...)

Hi Goose

I believe you are not thinking in the correct way. Companies build up brands and those brands are registered, licenced and those companies spend vast sums building up the 'brand awareness' and can be very touchy.

Can you imagine how much your company would be sued for if you f**ked about with coca-cola's brand image. Lets say Pepsi decided to run 'coca-crap' using the brand imagery of coca-cola.

Hi Ceydababy

2pips dow, 1 pip euro 2 pips, gbp ..... try Dealing Desk | Home never had a requote or a rejection but only deal £5 to £10

Limit orders still not implemented? I don't want to buy at market. That needs to be fixed, as do closer stops. 1pt FTSE and 2pt Dow before I consider going to shortsandlongs. I can already get 1pt FTSE and 2pts Dow on another spread betting firm (which has a poor platform, but at the end of the day, the spread counts for a lot). For the record the following are priorities:

-Smallest possible spread.
-fast (and reliable) execution.
-prices matching (or very close to) market prices.
-limit orders and guaranteed stops.

Pretty much in that order. If a spread betting company understands that, they will corner the market. If IGIndex offered 1pt FTSE, 2 pts Dow, most would trade there.

Hi Goose

I believe you are not thinking in the correct way. Companies build up brands and those brands are registered, licenced and those companies spend vast sums building up the 'brand awareness' and can be very touchy.

Can you imagine how much your company would be sued for if you f**ked about with coca-cola's brand image. Lets say Pepsi decided to run 'coca-crap' using the brand imagery of coca-cola.

Hi Ceydababy

2pips dow, 1 pip euro 2 pips, gbp ..... try Dealing Desk | Home never had a requote or a rejection but only deal £5 to £10

Nodga,
I'm not sure I can acknowledge this (and it does warrant a conversation on the topic of branding)
Will wait for clarification...

Limit orders still not implemented? I don't want to buy at market. That needs to be fixed, as do closer stops. 1pt FTSE and 2pt Dow before I consider going to shortsandlongs. I can already get 1pt FTSE and 2pts Dow on another spread betting firm (which has a poor platform, but at the end of the day, the spread counts for a lot). For the record the following are priorities:

Pretty much in that order. If a spread betting company understands that, they will corner the market. If IGIndex offered 1pt FTSE, 2 pts Dow, most would trade there.

Shakone,
Some useful feedback there. The marketing department did sent out a survey a few weeks ago and execution, range of markets, spreads and free guaranteed stops came out as the top priorities.

As Ceydaybaby and others have verified, execution isn't a problem. Speaking from personal experience, this is the most tedious thing whilst trading!

I do agree with the need for orders but you wouldn't believe the low percentages of people that use opening orders. As for stop distances I do agree, i think 15 pts is the compromise but you have to appreciate that that is the drawback of a product with free guaranteed stops.

That's me out for the weekend, cheers, Goose

Hi Shakone

I get nice spreads with Dealing Desk - they are 1 FTSE, 2 Dow, 1 Dax and 1 eur/usd and haven't had any issues with execution... so far...!

I'm surprised that with so many people talking about tight spreads on this thread they haven't mentioned DD.

Hi Shakone

I get nice spreads with Dealing Desk - they are 1 FTSE, 2 Dow, 1 Dax and 1 eur/usd and haven't had any issues with execution... so far...!

I'm surprised that with so many people talking about tight spreads on this thread they haven't mentioned DD.

I think everyone knows full well they are part of LCG and there is a huge thread dedicated to them!
According to their product information sheets they are a 4pt spread on the Daily Dow and 6 on the future.

ShortsandLongs offer tighter spreads than that and also don't have IMR or CGSL's!

Goose

I think everyone knows full well they are part of LCG and there is a huge thread dedicated to them!
According to their product information sheets they are a 4pt spread on the Daily Dow and 6 on the future.

ShortsandLongs offer tighter spreads than that and also don't have IMR or CGSL's!

Goose

Interesting stuff Goose. I must confess I haven't looked at the product information.

Weird though how they've got the tighter spreads on the platform and I've been trading with them for a few months now - surprised they're not promoting that more :confused:

I might drop them an email...

How long have Dealing Desk been around? I have never heard of them but have called them and they confirmed they offer 1 tick ftse/dax and just 2 ticks on dow. Very tight.