S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

btw - @ this point, it's worth mentioning an 'oddity' of mine.

First target is 4 icks. If we get to 4 ticks & I'm waiting for a fill, I set the stop to B/E.

Once filled on the first target - I move the stop out of the way.

7-6-201211-20-43AM.png

On the above trade, I am out flat.

It's just a sort of risk mitigation. Once the first portion is out, your average price is in a really nice place....

I've got a feeling this could trade down to around 1310.00 next week. Just a hunch, based on the lack of interest at these current levels.

Just seen on Bloomers that the BOE is pumping in an extra £50 billion into the UK economy.

They don't seem to understand that the underlying issues need fixing. Not printing more money.

Just seen on Bloomers that the BOE is pumping in an extra £50 billion into the UK economy.

They don't seem to understand that the underlying issues need fixing. Not printing more money.

£50 billion? Chump change. Why not print £500 billion, nobody's paying for it anyway.

yep. print 50bn and look how the FTSE has reacted. will take them a while to realise it doesnt work. ho hum. just save up a bigger problem for later.

just save up a bigger problem for later.

Well done. You have just discovered the primary purpose of Government during the sunset of the UK.

Cross your fingers and hope you can kick the can far enough down the road to make it some other b@stard's problem, giving you enough time to cash in like that awful little sh1t Blair, before the whole thing comes crashing down.

Well done. You have just discovered the primary purpose of Government during the sunset of the UK.

Cross your fingers and hope you can kick the can far enough down the road to make it some other b@stard's problem, giving you enough time to cash in like that awful little sh1t Blair, before the whole thing comes crashing down.

So unnecessary too. The UK has been in a slow self destruct mode for decades now.

:(

Just got in from Shoreditch, should really be sleeping but on here instead... what can I say, I love the markets! :whistling Quite drunk so if the rest of this makes no sense please excuse me.

So, the daily chart was giving me a short bias... and personally I thought NFP would miss expectations (again). So today's game plan was: get short, get in profit and then get to break even before news. It all worked perfectly until I was called to an emergency meeting at work and so couldn't close it out! It rebounded quite a bit so I was a little disappointed but am happy going into next week short, think there is a lot more downside to come.

Have a good weekend all. I'm off to Silverstone on Sunday, apparently its gonna p*ss it down... should be great laugh.

Attachments

• SPX 060712.png
    SPX 060712.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
And may I present THE WINNER of this week's Presenter's Index :-

Mr. Erik Schatzker

Erik Schatzker(born 1970) is an anchor and editor-at-large at Bloomberg Television[1] and the host of the early-morning newscast "InsideTrack," a program about investing which is directed toward an audience in United States.

Schatzker has 15 years of experience covering investing and the economy and ran Bloomberg's coverage of financial services in the Americas prior to joining Bloomberg Television.

Erik earned a bachelor's degree in history from the University of Toronto. He lives in Brooklyn with his wife and two daughters.

[edit] Career

Schatzker began at Bloomberg as bureau chief in Toronto for Bloomberg's Canadian news coverage. In 1998, he moved to Bloomberg's New York Headquarters to work as a features writer, editor, manager and reporter. Previously, he worked for Knight-Ridder Financial/Bridge News.

In 2007, Schatzker started his work in Bloomberg Television, where he remains today.[2]

Schatzker has interviewed a number of high-profile guests including hedge fund legend George Soros, Wells Fargo Chairman Richard Kovacevich and former Bear Stearns CEO Alan "Ace" Greenberg. In March 2009, Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein agreed to do his first-ever TV interview with Erik, following a meeting with President Barack Obama. Schatzker has also represented Bloomberg Television at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
clap::clap:

There could be something to this theory - of the forecasts 19 were right to 14 wrong. And they may improve !

Attachments

• Presenters Index.PNG
    Presenters Index.PNG
    35.4 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
12:50am JPY Current Account 0.28T 0.42T 0.29T
12:50am JPY Core Machinery Orders m/m -14.8% -2.4% 5.7%
12:50am JPY Bank Lending y/y 0.7% 0.2%
2:30am AUD ANZ Job Advertisements m/m -1.2% -2.6%
2:30am CNY CPI y/y 2.2% 2.4% 3.0%
2:30am CNY PPI y/y -2.1% -2.0% -1.4%
6:00am JPY Economy Watchers Sentiment 43.8 47.6 47.2
6:45am CHF Unemployment Rate 2.9% 3.2% 2.9%
7:00am EUR German Trade Balance 15.0B 15.7B 16.2B
9:00am EUR Sentix Investor Confidence -26.3 -28.9
1:30pm EUR ECB President Draghi Speaks
3:30pm CAD BOC Business Outlook Survey
4:30pm GBP MPC Member Tucker Speaks
4:55pm USD FOMC Member Williams Speaks
8:00pm USD Consumer Credit m/m 8.7B 6.5B

11:00pm NZD NZIER Business Confidence 13

The Presenters' Index for Monday 9th July

Maryam - black - neutral
Manus - red - down
Poppy - yellow - down
Elliot - blue ( shirt ) - up
Linda - black - neutral
Guy - blue - up
Francine -black - neutral
Betty - red - down
Dom - blue - up
Stephanie - blue - up
Erik - orange - down
Mike - multi - neutral
Scarlet - green - up
Sheila - red - down
Stephanie - blue - up
Erik - orange - down

up 6
down 6

Just a bit of fun to see if the presenters dress subconsciously to forecast the day's close. The blue end of the spectrum for up +1 and the red end for down -1. Black, white, grey, purple are neutral and score 0 .
Previous winners
Deirdre
Erik

Last edited:

By chance I came across N. Rothschild's sig. It reads

"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws." Mayer Amschel Rothschild

I think old Mayer might well have amended that statement made in the 19th century if he had met the present lot of politicians. After Blair/Brown spent as much as they could and now Cameron is doing his best to give a big chunk of what's left to the 3rd world !!

Last edited:
I wonder whatever happened to N. Rothschild & co. The enfants terribles of T2W.

Once having sunk back into obscurity, will they get a second wind and reappear ?

A little older and maybe a little wiser ?

July 9th

Not much news.
Asia - all down a decent amount.
Europe - all down.

7-9-20125-56-09AM.png

This is the big picture. On the medium term we are balance - with 'value' being between 1287-1347. In the shorter term, we have seen a move up to create a new potential area of balance between 1347 & 1366.

The green arrow, is the lower probability move IMO. At some point, buyers will step in and push us back up past 1366 from where it'll fall back again.

The red arrow is more likely IMO - sellers will jump on board and we'll ride back down to 1297 and below, continuing this medium term balance theme.

So - my job is to watch what happens and then figure out which is playing out & trade accordingly.

Scenario 1 - Longs from 1341, 1338
Scenario 2 - Could short pullbacks OR jump in if we look to be having a one way trend day.

Bank pumps further £50bn into economy through QE

The Bank of England has pumped a further £50bn into the UK economy through its quantitative easing (QE) programme as the country battles against recession.

The Bank’s Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) voted to raise the QE programme from £325bn to £375bn, effectively printing more money, even though it risks increasing the rate of inflation.

Interest rates were held at a record low of 0.5%.

A number of industry surveys show the economy deteriorated in June. The construction industry went backwards, while the all-important services sector posted its worst performance for eight months.

Most economists believe gross domestic product will have declined in the second quarter of the year, following falls of 0.4% and 0.3% in the previous two quarters.

Pensioners’ groups have expressed their dismay with the QE programme and blamed the money-printing for a “meltdown” in annuity rates.

However, business leaders have backed the plan and said it would boost confidence.

The decision to pump more money into the economy came as UK output had barely increased for a year and a half, the Bank said, while signs show main export markets are slowing.

The bank said: “Business indicators point to a continuation of that weakness in the near term, both at home and abroad.”

It added: “Concerns remain about the indebtedness and competitiveness of several euro-area economies, and that is weighing on confidence here.”

But the Bank believes inflation should continue to fall in the medium-term and its stimulus measures should aid a gradual strengthening in output.

Jonathan Davis, managing director of Jonathan Davis Wealth Management, is “dead against” the Bank’s QE programme because “the prudent are bailing out the reckless”.

“When will the central bank and the politicians learn that QE doesn’t work?” asked Davis.

“Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. Japan has been money printing for nearly 25 years to bail out its banking system, yet it remains in a 30-year depression.

“The policymakers should wake up to the hard reality that you cannot have economic growth in an economy that has debt of nine-times GDP.

“That debt is government debt, household debt, bank debt and corporate debt. You cannot have growth in such an economy.

“Accept the reality, bring back capitalism, let failed industries fail and our currency will soar, our cost of living and the cost of running businesses will plummet and then we shall have economic growth.”