S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2018 with PRIZES!

Hi CV,

Rule no 5. States

5. Where there is a draw on points, then number of games played will be considered. If still equal then number of medals won in order of gold / silver / bronze will be used in picking out the winners.

So the answer is yes only if both points and number of games played are the same.

Otherwise Non!

Here is the rules tab from Spread-Sheet - FEI :)

Hi Everyone,

The rules stay the same as last year unless otherwise stated as changing by group debate.

Sharky has very kindly upped the prize fund to $500.

Rules of WEEKLY competition for S&P 500 cash are...

1. 1 point for getting direction correct from previous Friday close

2. Having got direction right then:-
a) 3 points for nearest
b) 2 points for second nearest
c) 1 point for third nearest
d) 1 point will be deducted if direction of the forecast is wrong

3. All entries should be in by weekly opening session of US markets

Prizes

1. $100 for Quarterly winners in 1st place for March / June / September / December
a) Points and number of games played will be reset to zero at the start of every quarter.
---------- QTR-1 - $100
---------- QTR-2 - $100
---------- QTR-3 - $100
---------- QTR-4 - $100

2. $100 for the end of year over-all running total points' winners prize money will be distributed in 50:30:20 ratios
---------- 1st place - $50
---------- 2nd place - $30
---------- 3rd place - $20

3. If an average wins any quarter, then prize money will be rolled forward until a human contestant wins in subsequent quarter. ie., If any of the averages win QTR-1 then the prize money in QTR-2 will increase to $200. Similarly, the same principal will apply to QTR-2 and 3.

4. Prizes can only be rolled forward until the end of the year, when if an Average still takes the top podium spot, then built up pot monies will be distributed in the above ratios 50:30:20 to human contestants highest in the league table based on points.

5. Where there is a draw on points, then number of games played will be considered. If still equal then number of medals won in order of gold / silver / bronze will be used in picking out the winners.

I hope that's clear guys, trying to cover all angles to save any issues later. Like to add, this is still a competition run and managed by the members - 'us', and sponsored by T2W with Amazon vouchers as prizes. Will discuss anything of issue in our usual fashion and Pat, competition founder and judge on point rules, can weigh pros & cons and guide us as appropriate.

We hope the prizes will encourage more spritely debate and that people will post charts and comments on their approach & systems.

Cheers Att, but I was asking about the points associated with the missing 5 medals. Are the points on the spreadsheet correct, or are there any missing along with the 5 medals?

Cheers Att, but I was asking about the points associated with the missing 5 medals. Are the points on the spreadsheet correct, or are there any missing along with the 5 medals?

I'm almost certain points are correct. Otherwise recalculating those is a big ask.

I could have put my neck on the guilotine to say medals were up to date so not sure how they came to be so low. I know some peeps missed out on silver and bronze as we only had one gold winners a few times but we should not be out by 5.

So the answer to your question points are most certainly correct but medals need quick recalc.

Ok error identified after I counted all the medals row by row.

Murphy's law.

Then checked formula.

When sorting I did a boo boo and sorted it out by doing a cut and paste which I think threw the formula range off.

See scr capture.

No gold given on 5th Jan or given to a person who's dropped out. Other than that gold medal count all good.

(y)

Attachments

• Error identified.PNG
    Error identified.PNG
    20.7 KB · Views: 92
Hi Everyone,

Here we go, week 43 forecasts... We have 7 bears v 2 bulls. It's rare for me to think like CV and just goes to show thus far how wrong I was :cheesy:

Wishing you all the best of fortune and happy days :)

Attachments

• Wk43_Forecasts.PNG
    Wk43_Forecasts.PNG
    123.4 KB · Views: 132
Well done to WallStWarrior who takes top spot on the podium picking up his 4th gold medal and four valuable points. :clap::clap::clap:

Biggest baddest teddy takes the prize.

Mike takes Silver and Trader JR adds another bronze bucket to his collection of 18 medals in total. Good calls. (y)(y)

There you go chaps... Have a sit down on these Chesterfields in the garden of England down Sussex way, to reflect on your superb forecasts :)

..........................................WallStWarrior

..............Mike...........................................................Trader JR

891171956376.png

Attachments

• Wk43_Results.PNG
    Wk43_Results.PNG
    124.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Wk43_LeaderBoard.PNG
    Wk43_LeaderBoard.PNG
    125.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Wk43_RunTot.PNG
    Wk43_RunTot.PNG
    125.9 KB · Views: 110
Quick reminder for entrants. Clocks changed in the UK this weekend so entries for the competition will need to be in before 13:30 PM UK time. (y)

Hey guys,

Late update for this weeks forecast and here they are. 10 bulls v 1 bear. Trader JR is out on his own v WallStWarrior leading the charge of the bulls.

Certainly no 20% pull back just yet. Wondering if markets now going to just keep topping it self to sort out those city boys' bonuses for the end of the year? Is it not so obvious? Perhaps it's just cynical ol me.

Not complaining, all good stuff. :)

Wishing you all warm prosperous trading in the run-up to the festive season.

(y)

Attachments

• Wk44_Forecasts.PNG
    Wk44_Forecasts.PNG
    124.6 KB · Views: 99