S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014 with PRIZES!

1971.8 - US President Richard Nixon ends international convertibility of the dollar to gold.

1970-85 is the new zone for me. Was interesting to note we stopped just shy of 1970. It is going to take some effort to go past this imo. I'm expecting an up and down move same as last week which didn't materialise. :(

Especially in light of 24 EU banks failing stress test.

How this news is interpreted will be significant to market appetite. They may retreat at the uncertainties of deflation and slow growth compounding the Euro zones debt issues OR! risk-off it may be glossed over acceptance of ECBs statement "robust exercises, unprecedented in scale and among the most stringent worldwide". If well received then hi-ho off we go. Otherwise a retreat.

Either way feel it's going to be exciting times to see if we make higher highs or lower high with respect to 2000 level. :whistling

Last edited:
Not one to shy away from extreme numbers I'll take 2010 again pls, following present trajectory...

Hi Guys,

League table updated with forecasts Bulls to Bears, TwinToWin and Tar representing the 90 tick variation in the forecast.

We have 9 bulls and 3 bears. Exciting times with Twitter and FB reporting results and auntie Yelen giving the performance of her career; to QE or not to QE, that is the question. Wether one should print more money or end this madness... :smart:

Wishing you all good luck and prosperous trading (y)

....................................................Tar
.......................Gaffs...........................................Atilla

article-0-0E93835C00000578-220_634x412.jpg

Looks like these guys had the same idea as us... Hmmm wonder what's to follow...

MW-CV353_hallow_ME_20140930174847.jpg

Opinion: 3 reasons why you should expect a 30% market meltdown

Well done to TimeToWin who takes gold this week. Surprisingly the most bullish of the bulls got to call it 8 ticks below where the S&P500 ended. That's a brave good call. (y)

Gaffs takes his third silver in a row (there's a first in the competition) and Samspade's system delivers bronze. Equally great calls! (y)(y)

Bulls are having a party...

...........................................................................TimeToWin
..................................Gaffs.............................................................................Samspade
tv8.jpg

Sorry for the late write up guys - school holidays and all that :) Did update the league table on Friday at first opportunity though.

Anyone noticed, it looks like yahoo are not giving the last 3 weeks of historical prices anymore?

Expect they want paying or something ?

Just keeps going up and up until the bubble bursts I guess ?

2035 pls

2045 pls, extremes seem to suit !

Thanks again Attila for running this comp, its the only thing I've got that drives anything like discipline...

Anyone noticed, it looks like yahoo are not giving the last 3 weeks of historical prices anymore?

Expect they want paying or something ?

I think there is a general move in the markets to charge for prices. Bloomberg are certainly upping theirs and trying to move customers to higher tarrifs per data transmitted.

Same as the utilities. Same as the train operators.

Everyone is after more money for less in an engineered retail pricing cloud of confusion.

This is called capitalism giving one more choice. We've recently had to engage a whole raft of tariffs when travelling with children/and/or/family tickets on Southern Trains. :mad::(:mad::(:mad: Even the bleeding operators were muddled up trying to explain or calculate the cheapest fair. All we were trying to do was arrange a trip via London between two destinations. Did I forget to mention peak and off-peak hours? Cheaper to travel to Scotland and back. How freaking crazy is that?

2024 - The first probe to fly into the Sun's outer atmosphere :idea:

Thinking with continued loosening by Japan and ECB with negative interest rates for US and UK, we'll continue with the uptrend. Cash buy-backs will also see to rising equity markets for lil longer.

Fall in gold and oil also key indicator to falling prices and deflation. In the absence inflation and real rates of return equities and dividends will take precedence. Onwards and forwards given we are in the bonus quarter.

Technicals look like they'll test higher highs and will brake above 2020s. Going to predict a down and up move this week. :idea: :eek: