S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014 with PRIZES!

Hi Guys,

Just having a quick look at the running totals and thus far Gaffs is in first place (behind Weighted Average by 2 points) to win the year on points outright.

Malaguti is 6 points behind and

Lex with the best forecast strength ratio in third place.

All three also stand to share the $100 (50/30/20) end of year Amazon vouchers.

There is 10 weeks with a maximum of 40 points on the table.

With the markets entering increased volatility it should be interesting times (y)

Attachments

• Running_Tot.GIF
    Running_Tot.GIF
    78.7 KB · Views: 129
1912.4 - RMS Titanic sank in the North Atlantic Ocean after colliding with an iceberg during her maiden voyage from Southampton to New York.

Well it was impressive last week with the bulls gathering strength from 1800s to lurch forward out of their slumber. I thought we might have a down up towards the latter part of the week but the gusto surprised me. There I was thinking I was being optimistic. :rolleyes:

To carry this pull back forward 1940s need to be tested and breached for me to have faith in the rally. This is more of a dead cat bounce imo.

images

Also, will not feel serious about continuation of the bull trend (should it seem likely) until 1970s beyond the limbo land & 2020s are surpassed with vigour. Won't rule it out but seems highly unlikely at the moment.

I was pondering about 1940 - 1910 and subsequently opted for 1912 as a memorable number to be in harmony with the markets crazy brekneck speed againts the elements. :whistling

Attachments

• Limbo_Land.GIF
    Limbo_Land.GIF
    29.2 KB · Views: 125
Hey Guys,

As per usual league table updated bulls to bears; 12 WBT and TwinToWin leading the two packs. In fact wrong to say two packs as TwinT is out on his own the only bear in sight.

Sadly we are missing few regulars including Malaguti, Samspade, Wacky and WallStreetHero, VielGeld. I blame booze me self but what do I know. :cheesy: Would like to see you back guys. Don't give up. Get even!

Wishing you all good luck.

League Table

I blame booze me self but what do I know. :cheesy:

You wouldn't be wrong! :LOL:

I would have gone bullish in any case, so happy with this week so far. Not as bullish as it is currently, but still upward-looking.

Well done to 12WBT who now takes the gold for week 43, the lead for QTR4 and has the highest forecast strength ratio of points to games played. :clap::clap::clap:

Gaffs takes his second silver this quarter and Pat gets bronze in third place.

The S&P seems to have founds the spring again in its legs once more. Amazing hop from last week's fall. (y)

....................................................12WBT
..................Gaffs..................................................................Pat
kangaroos.jpg

League table here...

Another Golden Oldie
We're still rockin' brother, not steppin' so high but high enuff

NEW YORK, Oct 21 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rallied on Tuesday, with the S&P 500 on track for a fourth straight session of gains boosted by strong corporate results, including Apple's.

The S&P 500 and Dow Jones were up more than 1 percent while the Nasdaq rose more than 2 percent, boosted by better-than-expected results from several major tech companies.

The S&P 500 has gained more than 6 percent from its session low last Wednesday, when the benchmark was down nearly 10 percent from its intraday record. The index is on track to close above its 14-day moving average for the first time since Sept. 24 and was also trading above its 200-day average.

At 2:55 p.m. the Dow Jones industrial average rose 177.09 points, or 1.08 percent, to 16,576.76, the S&P 500 gained 32.17 points, or 1.69 percent, to 1,936.18 and the Nasdaq Composite added 92.33 points, or 2.14 percent, to 4,408.41.

Apple Inc rose 2.6 percent to $102.39 a day after revenue topped expectations, helped by strong iPhone sales. It also gave a strong outlook for the holiday quarter.

The largest percentage gainer and decliner on the S&P 500 were both related to earnings. The largest gainer on the S&P 500 was Waters Corp, which rose 8.7 percent, while the largest decliner was Chipotle, down 6.7 percent.

The largest percentage gainer on the Nasdaq 100 was Illumina Inc, which rose 9.3 percent, while the largest percentage decliner was Starbucks, down 0.3 percent.

While earnings have largely come in strong so far this quarter, concerns continue to swirl over the pace of global economic growth. China's gross domestic product grew 7.3 percent in the third quarter, the slowest pace since the first quarter of 2009.

U.S. existing home sales rose 2.4 percent in September, above expectations, hitting their highest level in a year.

Advancing issues outnumbered declining ones on the NYSE by 2,514 to 563, for a 4.47-to-1 ratio on the upside; on the Nasdaq, 1,930 issues rose and 721 fell for a 2.68-to-1 ratio favoring advancers.

The benchmark S&P 500 index was posting 22 new 52-week highs and 1 new low; the Nasdaq Composite was recording 43 new highs and 28 new lows. (Reporting by Yasmeen Abutaleb; Editing by Nick Zieminski)