S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2013

Congratulations to carlosd who takes a 2nd gold this quarter. The 4th person to do so.

Big hand to lady Weighted Average and Isatrader too who come 2nd and 3rd on the podium this week. (y)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . carlosd
Weighted Average . . . . . . . . . Isatrader

6a016300f919ba970d017d3ea56056970c-320wi

:clap::clap::clap:

Well done to everyone else.

Btw I didn't know there was a system or anything else involved until reading the last few pages.

As for next week, I think we have more of the same, we closed out at the highs and should give us a nice continuation into next week.
The Dow fell short of the 14600 area, but the whole Cyprus thing was weighing everything down last week and being a short week to be expected I guess, so next week we should breeze through that and start attacking the 14700 area, .

Another push higher should take the S&P to 1578.

1578 for me.

(y)

Q1 '13 Graphs

Bull/Bear bias - less bulls now....

oimg

Bull/Bear bias vs Position seems a little more correlated

oimg

Also Sum of Diff seems a little more correlated to position

oimg

Inverse strong correlations now appearing for Avg and Sum of difference showing that the bigger the negative number, the lower in the ranking you are. Sum and Avg themselves are almost perfectly correlated.

Last edited:
1571 for me.

I'm thinking we have the makings of a classic breakout from around the 1560-70 area. If plan is correct it should move on up 1580s and then come back somewhat to test support around 1570 and if it holds - reach out to 1600.

Is that occasionally a " spoiler " sort of person will enter a ridiculously high/low figure. I would suggest such an outlyier figure is ignored to keep the WT figure likely. But it is up to Atilla now of course.
Oh dear, I fear I'm the 'spoiler' that Pat's referring to here! Guys - if you want to exclude my silly calls when you do the number crunching - that's fine by me!
;)
1,543 for this week please Atilla.
Tim.

Oh dear, I fear I'm the 'spoiler' that Pat's referring to here! Guys - if you want to exclude my silly calls when you do the number crunching - that's fine by me!
;)
Tim.

It will stand Tim in the currrent Weighted Average as is with no change. :)

Only a new WA2 will be added in to consider what if? (y)

;)
Tim.

No not you Tim. I consider you a valuable member of the group. Ooops nearly said team.
Just an unlikely eventuality.

Hi Guys,

Someone has messed up the sheets again. Last two weeks column is also missing.

To be honest I don't feel the difference column gives us any useful information and would prefer it removed.

All that information can be derived from the weekly columns and should be referenced in another sheet.

imo - The key sheet should be used for recording results and maintaining leader-board etc.

Can't you put some protections on the sheet columns? As it is it's very easy to accidentally mess up even if someone is just trying to look at past data. There's also no recourse since all changes are automatically saved.

Peter

Can't you put some protections on the sheet columns? As it is it's very easy to accidentally mess up even if someone is just trying to look at past data. There's also no recourse since all changes are automatically saved.

Peter

What we need to do is; find out who did it and where they live, go round their house and boil their pet rabbit. Cat if they don't have rabbit. Dogs we don't touch :cheesy:

No disrespect Isatrader ;)