Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

Up to you ! You will struggle to be a successful trader and your comments help none of the newbies on here - It was my intention to help newbies but unfortunately they become more interested in pivot points, fibs, indicator this indicator that, etc. Rather than pay attention to one of the fundamental reasons they will fail - which I kindly pointed out to them - Don't worry they will be thanking me more for my advice if they take heed or learn the hard way (your way).

No need to calm down "love" as I have made one of the most valid points anyone has made on this forum. Once again, point made.

W

ok - thanks for your input

This forum is turning into a classic Why Most Traders Fail thread! This is a set & forget system, moving stop to breakeven, taking 20 pips instead of 50, etc. All means that whatever system you devise or choose to follow - YOU LOSE LONG TERM. This is one of the main reason traders fail, even if they have a profitable system that they know and believe in, they cannot follow it - END OF, LONG TERM LOSER. You are all doomed to failure unless you find a system and stick to the rules, if you cannot or do not stick to the rules of the system one of two things is wrong, you have no faith in the system or you have no faith in yourself - FAILURE, LONG TERM LOSER.

Just trying to help.

W

ps - Point made

Totally agree with you.
Precisely my thoughts!

A system should be followed to the tee else it won't work.

Wilczek,

I appreciate your points as one of the last few Vanilla NT'ers here!

Wilczek - a very valid point. Although we want to learn more, a little knowledge is dangerous. I have had a play yesterday, made 40, had a play this morning and sat out to not win 50, then just had another play, to win just over 10 by buying in on the bounce - all to get back to where NT would have had me this morning, if I'd set and forgot.

You've made me realise that all this playing takes time, and causes a bit of stress, so I will re-join RT as a Vanilla man. I like vanilla anyway, raspberry sauce and choccy flakes are a distraction :LOL:

Also soon I will have no choice - I got a proper job on Tuesday, no longer working from home and having the ability to play about....though I might still trail stop if I can have a skeaky peek on my phone after 8.00.:whistling

Morning. Look at the bigger picture. where do you think it may go?

I think it's going to test the 14860 which has been an area of support and resistance since 16th June. I plot daily highs and lows and the same areas get tested quite regularly.

The trouble is you don't know when these lines are going to be broken, in my limited experience, I have found it more profitable to take profits at these points rather than taking the risk that it will be broken. This morning it broke the resistance and went on to make 50 pips but quite often the price will bounce from these areas and go on to make a loss. As I wright this I see the price is back up to 14942 from a low of 14874.

I'm finding that when I am losing I let it run until it hits -30 when I'm winning I bottle out usually around 10 pips out of fear. This makes my loses huge and profits small.
Does anyone suffer the same problem???

This is a very common issue amongst traders and is all to do with fear of loss. I hope you are able to overcome it otherwise trading is not what you are suited to doing.

Paul

Wilczek - a very valid point. Although we want to learn more, a little knowledge is dangerous. I have had a play yesterday, made 40, had a play this morning and sat out to not win 50, then just had another play, to win just over 10 by buying in on the bounce - all to get back to where NT would have had me this morning, if I'd set and forgot.

You've made me realise that all this playing takes time, and causes a bit of stress, so I will re-join RT as a Vanilla man. I like vanilla anyway, raspberry sauce and choccy flakes are a distraction :LOL:

Also soon I will have no choice - I got a proper job on Tuesday, no longer working from home and having the ability to play about....though I might still trail stop if I can have a skeaky peek on my phone after 8.00.:whistling

to be honest, if i was sat in front of the screen i would be tempted to play about with it too, but i try and force myself not too look at it as I get really worried or tempted.
What I tend to do is set it at 6.30, have a peek before I leave the house (between 7.30-7.50) and then close on the bus or at work (depending what time I leave).

All seems a lot calmer.

Also liking ETX a lot, first bit of slippage today, but when it hit my limit! Gave me an extra pip. Although I could have set my limit wrong. Also, it sends an email when you're stop or limit is hit so it was a nice surprise on the bus when I got an email saying it had closed out for +51.
Although people might wonder why i'm crying when I get an email saying i've been stopped out. :LOL:

I think it's going to test the 14860 which has been an area of support and resistance since 16th June. I plot daily highs and lows and the same areas get tested quite regularly.

The trouble is you don't know when these lines are going to be broken, in my limited experience, I have found it more profitable to take profits at these points rather than taking the risk that it will be broken. This morning it broke the resistance and went on to make 50 pips but quite often the price will bounce from these areas and go on to make a loss. As I wright this I see the price is back up to 14942 from a low of 14874.

Possible, but as I said, in my style I set great store in fibs especially 50% figure. Take a look at this daily chart although fibs aren't everyones cup of tea.

Attachments

• cable25.gif
    cable25.gif
    37 KB · Views: 171
Am so glad some guys guys appreciate the paragraph of wisdom (if thats what its called). A little know fact, if you phone IG support they will actually sms u when trades are executed, etc. not very informative sms's have to say but the function is there, if enough of us ask for change to the sms perhaps we can gang up!

W

Aargh!! Pulled out at +20 cos couldnt face any more losses. I did however make +20 on EUR/USD too so not so bad. Must stick to the rules...must stick to the rules...

iam quite good a sticking to rules, once I have changed them! But give me credit I said I would trade TNT60/60 for June and I did. And it helped me big time despite the heavy hits last week. Ok the early tweak to MNT33S and applying the 33S to NT too helped a lot. But this was my NT rule set for NT in June and I traded it every trade day, and reported wins an losses on here.

So my TNT60/60 total for June was +4.8.

Ok a small profit hardly worth risking 4%MM , but following Vanilla NT would have got me -98.5 pips (As I follow the enrty rules and traded last friday....grrrrrr).

So I was +103.3 pips up from VNT. I'm happy.

M120169 MNT / MNT33S June +25.5

M120169 NT33S June -22.7

So the question is to all was I risky daily live trading TNT60/60 in the worse NT results month ever?

Now giving NT33S and INT a trail for July as I liked INT results for June.

M

Up to you ! You will struggle to be a successful trader and your comments help none of the newbies on here - It was my intention to help newbies but unfortunately they become more interested in pivot points, fibs, indicator this indicator that, etc. Rather than pay attention to one of the fundamental reasons they will fail - which I kindly pointed out to them - Don't worry they will be thanking me more for my advice if they take heed or learn the hard way (your way).

No need to calm down "love" as I have made one of the most valid points anyone has made on this forum. Once again, point made.

W

Morning wilczek, I AM a newbie AND follow your (among others) advice. Its because of you I staid in the 'trade' this morning and got the full + 50.
Thanx for ALL your comments,
Kind regards.:cool:

W

You are spot on Wilczek. I totally agree with you. I've been trying to make the same point as you in previous posts, albeit a bit more subtly, but getting shot down by others going on about various other indicators. This thread is about Net trap, a set and forget system. That's the point of it and is the main reason I bought the package. I put on the trade then go to the gym. I don't sweat and fret at the screen, my perspiration is left at the treadmill. I'm trialling it at low stakes with money I can afford to lose - if it doesn't work long-term I'll dump it.

to be honest, if i was sat in front of the screen i would be tempted to play about with it too, but i try and force myself not too look at it as I get really worried or tempted.
What I tend to do is set it at 6.30, have a peek before I leave the house (between 7.30-7.50) and then close on the bus or at work (depending what time I leave).

All seems a lot calmer.

Also liking ETX a lot, first bit of slippage today, but when it hit my limit! Gave me an extra pip. Although I could have set my limit wrong. Also, it sends an email when you're stop or limit is hit so it was a nice surprise on the bus when I got an email saying it had closed out for +51.
Although people might wonder why i'm crying when I get an email saying i've been stopped out. :LOL:

Seems less mither. New workplace threatening me with my own office, but I'd rather be with the lads I'm looking after, and avoid the temptation to play!

Now then, on ETX which I like as well, can you close on the mobile? I looked but cant see it?

Calm down love (y)

I have a rule of not following the rules

Given the fact that there is no perfect system, then to blindly follow the rules is no guarantee of success. Markets change, and what works today may not in a months time

So, to adapt the rules to make yourself feel more comfortable isnt bad.

What you are really referring to is consistency - if I chop and change my approach day by day then I will probably end up losing, (but even then every day is different so maybe not) - anyway, as long as I'm consistent, then not following the rules becomes my own rules

So in short, not following the rules is a rule which if you follow the rules means that you shouldn't not follow the rules because if you did then you wouldn't follow the rule of not following the rules. And if you didn't not follow the rules then there's no point in having a not following the rules rule, you may as well just follow the rules

Hope thats clear :p

I just trade original NT rules because it works and I've tested it and I'm happy with it. I don't have a problem with the variants to the system as long as the people trading them know how they perform long term by back testing them. I've tested a lot of them now and have found that nothing works as well as the original rules. I can see why people go for the smaller targets, as this is easier psychologically, and as long as they know the risks they're taking, then that's fine.

I agree with the comments about consistency. There are a few making comments to the effect of "decided to try XXX today" and it is this chopping and changing that will cause more of a problem long term.

I just trade original NT rules because it works and I've tested it and I'm happy with it. I don't have a problem with the variants to the system as long as the people trading them know how they perform long term by back testing them. I've tested a lot of them now and have found that nothing works as well as the original rules. I can see why people go for the smaller targets, as this is easier psychologically, and as long as they know the risks they're taking, then that's fine.

I agree with the comments about consistency. There are a few making comments to the effect of "decided to try XXX today" and it is this chopping and changing that will cause more of a problem long term.

I agree, use original NT over a period of time and if you are happy with it, continue. It is set and forget so if you have the time you can learn other methods, trial them on demo.

Have a good day everyone, I'm off out for the day with Mrs Tenapenny.