Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

We could have a little competition - Someone show me a pivot/camarilla/fib line that held perfectly and I show you one that didn't - Detailed research and usage may prove fruitless in my experience.

W

If you're looking for something that never fails you should give up now, it doesn't exist. I think I have had 2 losing days in the past month using weekly pivots so they are useful but only if you know what you're doing.

If you're looking for something that never fails you should give up now, it doesn't exist. I think I have had 2 losing days in the past month using weekly pivots so they are useful but only if you know what you're doing.

I'm a total newbie to trading, out of pure interest i like to trade net trap as standard, but alongside research new things, i haven't got time to sit and watch the screen in the mornings, but i find it interesting looking at the trade results/charts later in the day, to learn a few things. In my few months of trading though I know there is no perfect system! :(

If you're looking for something that never fails you should give up now, it doesn't exist.

Spot-on pboyles. June has been a really disappointing month for official NT, and it's especially frustrating when the losses occur on the day you increase your stake!! But losses are a reality for even the most legendary traders, and acceptance of losses is one of the first steps to becoming a successful trader (so I'm told anyway!!).

Long-term NT is still profitable. Having said that, I think the tweaks we are making on this forum are invaluable. For example, the official NT result for June so far is -44 pts. Yet the peak profit (max amount you could profit by 8:30 before being stopped out or hitting the +50 limit) is +627 pts!! So NT is missing out on the THEREOTICAL maximum by 671 pts, which is astonishing!

INT has made +195 pts profit so far in June. Way off the +627 pt maximum no doubt, but FAR superior to vanilla NT! If INT can make 195 pts in a volatile month like the one we've just had, then I think it's got serious potential!

Spot-on pboyles. June has been a really disappointing month for official NT, and it's especially frustrating when the losses occur on the day you increase your stake!! But losses are a reality for even the most legendary traders, and acceptance of losses is one of the first steps to becoming a successful trader (so I'm told anyway!!).

Long-term NT is still profitable. Having said that, I think the tweaks we are making on this forum are invaluable. For example, the official NT result for June so far is -44 pts. Yet the peak profit (max amount you could profit by 8:30 before being stopped out or hitting the +50 limit) is +627 pts!! So NT is missing out on the THEREOTICAL maximum by 671 pts, which is astonishing!

INT has made +195 pts profit so far in June. Way off the +627 pt maximum no doubt, but FAR superior to vanilla NT! If INT can make 195 pts in a volatile month like the one we've just had, then I think it's got serious potential!

G'day Ladies & Sirs,

I've said it before and I'll say it again (possibly less politely this time?)! Attempting to gain +50 pips with the Vanilla NT System is pure, unrealistic CLAP TRAP!!! I think MNT for +10 pips is far more realistic and strongly urge you to kick Vanilla MT into touch if you value your bank!

Good day to you Ladies, Sirs & Lurkers!

Mike

Long-term NT is still profitable. Having said that, I think the tweaks we are making on this forum are invaluable. (agree ;) )

For example, the official NT result for June so far is -44 pts.

You are behind the times my firend , NT took a -64 pip loss last week and with roughly -12 pips so far this week Vanilla NT is sitting on -56 pips for June, with one day to go.

(Should be -86 pips really grrrrrr.....fiddling RH git.)

Yes looking good, and I have been monitoring this too all this month, and I have now adjusted all my results to mirror RH trade days. So you will be glad to hear that RH creative accounting adjusted INT is running @ +235 pips for June to date.

RH has annoyed me so I wont do my usual MNT roundups with last weeks results, will wait until early July and do a full round up of MNT for the whole of June once his highnesses "tweaked" trade results are in. I think he may find at 8.5 pip spread on monday the trade was inconlusive so NT did not take a -17 pip loss. Handy!

M

Last edited:
G'day Ladies & Sirs,

I've said it before and I'll say it again (possibly less politely this time?)! Attempting to gain +50 pips with the Vanilla NT System is pure, unrealistic CLAP TRAP!!! I think MNT for +10 pips is far more realistic and strongly urge you to kick Vanilla MT into touch if you value your bank!

Good day to you Ladies, Sirs & Lurkers!

Mike

Just to say MNT has still lost money in June so far, (n) but less than NT, (y), but MNT33s is wipping NT's butt........by over 80 pips! ;)

M

So you will be glad to hear that RH creative accounting adjusted INT is running @ +235 pips for June to date.

RH has annoyed me so I wont do my usual MNT roundups with last weeks results, will wait until early July and do a full round up of MNT for the whole of June once his highnesses "tweaked" trade results are in. I think he may find at 8.5 pip spread on monday the trade was inconlusive so NT did not take a -17 pip loss. Handy!

M

"RH creative accounting adjusted..." LOL, LOVE IT!

I agree with you about Friday's result, it was a blatant trade day by the official NT rules, no two ways about it!

Oh well, the NT system pales in significance to the results we've been getting with our tweaks anyway so we'll get the last laugh! Also, we're only trading "newbies" and yet our systems are beating the system devised by an "experienced trader who cut his cloth on the trading floors of the Hong Kong stock exchange!". Maybe RH should stick to fishing eh? LOL!

At least you are learning about technical analysis while you are 'tweaking'. If you learn about pivots, support and resistance and price action then you will be making a lot of progress. I predict that by the time you add all your tweaks you'll find that trading the tweaks on their own might outperform the tweaked NT system.

Something else to throw into the mix is the spike, which quite often breaks the overnight high or low, on the European open at 7.00 and the London open at 8.00. Most days it breaks by at least 10 pips.
Something to keep an eye on, watch it tomorrow, this morning the European open broke 20 pips below the overnight low.

I am trying to follow Net Trap blindly, but in any spare time that I get I am trying to learn to trade. I'm reading around various websites. Also reading Trading in the Zone by Marc Douglas at the moment (finding it hard going). Have a couple of books by Kathy Lien lined up to tuck into soon as well.

What I want to do is come up with a couple of trading plans and stick rigidly to it. I find seat of the pant trading a bit too much of a rollercoaster, so if i have some set rules that will comfort me a hell of a lot.

It is a rollercoaster and when I started I was glued to the screen watching trades which I should have just set and forget. These days I swing trade with a bit of intra-day thrown in. Much more chilled out now, but it's horses for courses. :cool:

What I want to know is why RH can't just drop a quick message on the Forum at 6.25am to say whether its a Buy / Sell / No trade - it can't be that difficult for him to do, and at least all us Nutters will be trading the same trade each day....

What I want to know is why RH can't just drop a quick message on the Forum at 6.25am to say whether its a Buy / Sell / No trade - it can't be that difficult for him to do, and at least all us Nutters will be trading the same trade each day....

Isn't it obvious? If he did this he would have declared his trade hand BEFORE he publishes his results the following week, so then he couldn't slip the odd "no trade day inconclusive MA" in in the place of a -30 pip day when he felt the weekly loss was to high for his results.

As plain as the nose on your face this one. :whistling

M

Why don't you send him an invite to join the private forum. Be funny if he got the entrance question wrong!

:p

You really believe he trades this method :)

Great call!(y)