Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi omni,
Im thinking of moving this stop down, not sure though. Then off to work afternoon for a few hours.

What do you think about it.... Im thinking if that gap gets closed the stop where it is (solid green line) will probably get hit anyway so might as well get out at bottom of gap. Looks quite safe as well because the £ looks dead !

If i was in that trade (i wish i was) i would probably have my stop at 19860, ie. above the gap for now....... with some profit take at 19265 ish..... but it's your call :)

Very nice trade to be in ;)

Hi guys,
I was in a hurry to leave the office to go kite surfing but took gold short at 830ish.
I cant post chart from here but if you go to weekly timeframs. Draw a line at 845 and you can see exactly why. Hopefully 2ndary entries will show themselves.
Hope everyone is well.

Hi guys,
I was in a hurry to leave the office to go kite surfing but took gold short at 830ish.
I cant post chart from here but if you go to weekly timeframs. Draw a line at 845 and you can see exactly why. Hopefully 2ndary entries will show themselves.
Hope everyone is well.

Hi Omni

I have been short since last Thursday on the break of that pin on the 4H chart at $831. Where have you got your stop?

Hi Omni

I have been short since last Thursday on the break of that pin on the 4H chart at $831. Where have you got your stop?

Hey Ljr,
I have it above that 4hr pin / 845 (major level) for now. I dont think i will move it until we see a re-test / re-trace. I will post on here when i close/take half.
See u tomorrow.

Hey Ljr,
I have it above that 4hr pin / 845 (major level) for now. I dont think i will move it until we see a re-test / re-trace. I will post on here when i close/take half.
See u tomorrow.

Yes leaving my stop there for now. Just can't see any obvious place to move it to yet.

BTW credit to 1Pipped for calling this Gold setup

Last edited:
Not many trades hitting the thread.......?
Everyone sitting on the sidelines??
I doubt it........ ;) ;) ;)

Check out the attached.
Not one for the pension portfolio.

Attachments

• nzdgbp.JPG
    nzdgbp.JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 215
Omni the Gold trade has worked out very nicely. Looks like $800 is holding. I'm tempted to add around 798/799 and place my stop just above $800.

What do you think?

Omni the Gold trade has worked out very nicely. Looks like $800 is holding. I'm tempted to add around 798/799 and place my stop just above $800.

What do you think?

Hey Ljr,
Regarding gold. I have stop at b/e now.
I wont be adding yet. I see no entries.
But do what you need to do.
;)

As at 2100 we have a huge pin forming on DJI rejecting key fib and SR level at 11700 area. My only concern is that it's not at a swing high, and in 'free-space'? Wide stop needed too. (See chart)

Pin bar forming on daily oil at 110 area with fib confluence (38% from weekly charts). Still a couple of hours to go though.

Good trading all.
Grim

Attachments

• dji.gif
    dji.gif
    48.9 KB · Views: 190
  • oil.gif
    oil.gif
    41.3 KB · Views: 184
USD/CAD Daily

nice looking pin on USD/CAD. coming off a s/r, recent double top. 85 pips risk plus spread.

see chart

Attachments

• USDCAD.doc
    91 KB · Views: 199
Nice trade there Glen'
I'm short with the stop 5 ticks above the pin high...let's see where it goes?

I'm waiting out on the oil as currently the stop is too wide for my risk ratio... I may wait for a break then get in on an area of support/consolidatation etc

oil

I realise its going against the daily pin, but I'm looking for PA to get in short on the pull back to the 110 S/R that was broken by yesterdays pin.

Attachments

• oil.gif
    oil.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 177
  • oildaily.gif
    oildaily.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 167
Nice trade there Glen'
I'm short with the stop 5 ticks above the pin high...let's see where it goes?

I'm waiting out on the oil as currently the stop is too wide for my risk ratio... I may wait for a break then get in on an area of support/consolidatation etc

Grim,

where did you get it from? Am going to watch it this morning to see if i can get a lower risk entry on the hourly TF.

Glen

Grim,

where did you get it from? Am going to watch it this morning to see if i can get a lower risk entry on the hourly TF.

Glen

Hi glen,
The trade never triggered luckily as the pin high was broken this morning.
I'm staying out of oil as I've not really had much experience with it and I don't know it well enough.
Grim

TD,

Excuse the stupid question, but why did you post your order sheet?

The pin looks great on my charts, well into profit right now. Great trade. (y)

Hey rider5,

You guys are so ahead of the curve, I figured that there was no need to post the chart. If you've not already beaten me to it, you've no doubt seen it!! :)

All jokes aside, I think it's a good idea from time to time to show that I am actually taking trades rather than simply calling them in hindsight. I get the feeling there are a few doubters lurking on these forums that money can be made off of such simple setups as pins and inside bars. And although I shouldn't rise to it, it doesn't hurt to show actual P&L from time to time. The screenshot shows ticks made. (130) The way TT works it multiplies your lot size by each tick moved and I originally took the position with a 6 lot. Therefore the trade has currently made me 130 X £6 (which is the value of a 1 lot in the Yen) = £780.

P.S I'll show the losers when I get them too ;)

Hey rider5,

You guys are so ahead of the curve, I figured that there was no need to post the chart. If you've not already beaten me to it, you've no doubt seen it!! :)

All jokes aside, I think it's a good idea from time to time to show that I am actually taking trades rather than simply calling them in hindsight. I get the feeling there are a few doubters lurking on these forums that money can be made off of such simple setups as pins and inside bars. And although I shouldn't rise to it, it doesn't hurt to show actual P&L from time to time. The screenshot shows ticks made. (130) The way TT works it multiplies your lot size by each tick moved and I originally took the position with a 6 lot. Therefore the trade has currently made me 130 X £6 (which is the value of a 1 lot in the Yen) = £780.

P.S I'll show the losers when I get them too ;)

Hi TD,

Just curious as to why you took this PIN as it doesn't really stick it's nose out and doesn't seem to touch any support? (i had S/R drawn in at 10920)
Is it because it forms a double top?
Or have you become less conservative in your approach to setups through experience?

thanks

Simon

Hi TD,

Just curious as to why you took this PIN as it doesn't really stick it's nose out and doesn't seem to touch any support? (i had S/R drawn in at 10920)
Is it because it forms a double top?
Or have you become less conservative in your approach to setups through experience?

thanks

Simon

Simon,

I had a S/R pivot zone at 1.0911 which lined up with a descending TL on the hourly. The S/R pivot is not clean with relation to very recent PA and relates to some PA that ocurred in the first couple of weeks of August (lows on the 7th, highs on the 13th primarily). There is also a fibonacci cluster just above the pin high. The 50% from the top on the daily AND the second very minor swing high. If you zoom out on the hourly you will also see that each swing is ending slightly lower each time. I think this was something I took into account in the subconscious.

Tom

Attachments

• yen.gif
    yen.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 254
Simon,

I had a S/R pivot zone at 1.0911 which lined up with a descending TL on the hourly. The S/R pivot is not clean with relation to very recent PA and relates to some PA that ocurred in the first couple of weeks of August (lows on the 7th, highs on the 13th primarily). There is also a fibonacci cluster just above the pin high. The 50% from the top on the daily AND the second very minor swing high. If you zoom out on the hourly you will also see that each swing is ending slightly lower each time. I think this was something I took into account in the subconscious.

Tom

ok thanks for that. keep forgettting to factor in TL as well. I have been using Trade central which is free with IG to help me analysis the TA and drawing of S/R levels. I think at the moment I am relying on them too much though and perhaps should start to draw the lines in myself based on what i see.
Anyone else use Trade central at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.