Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All,

Nice daily pin on the Eur/Jpy. However the stop is quite large. Can i ask how any of you would deal with this pin if you were to trade it? I ws considering waits for todays retracement to show a bottom and then getting in the trade.(if i wait for the top stoploss = 240ish. If i jump in now 150ish. Of course if hasnt broken then pin yet so i'm reluctant to take it at this point...so do i just miss the trade?

Thanks

picture.php

Eur/Gbp looks like a good sell although i dont see any pin bar signal. Took a small demo trade but not sure what i would need to take a live position- ie should i wait for a pin at the top?
Can i ask some of the more experienced traders what they would be watching for?

Thanks
Shane

picture.php

What if a pin doesn't form? You not going to short it?? Looks like a good sell to me, must say!!

I wouldn't be going long indices today.

The Dow looks about as bearish as you can get.

Attachments

• dow.gif
    dow.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
DOW bounced off that trendline. I've closed my short now for 100 pips, was over 200 up today but wanted to see what would happen around that line. If it had broken through with confidence there was a long way for it to fall.

What do you reckon TD, good call?

I still can't post pics so can't show my chart.

DOW bounced off that trendline. I've closed my short now for 100 pips, was over 200 up today but wanted to see what would happen around that line. If it had broken through with confidence there was a long way for it to fall.

What do you reckon TD, good call?

I still can't post pics so can't show my chart.

Stuart what problem are you having posting charts?

Just can't do it!

I use IG. How do I get from a real-time chart page to a gif. so I can post it? Thanks!

Wicked. Thanks a lot.

Working already. Didn't realise it was so simple!!

Attachments

• Wall Street Daily Cash (14-AUG-08).png
    Wall Street Daily Cash (14-AUG-08).png
    22.9 KB · Views: 205
Click the print button, enter your resolution, save (as a .png file)

Thats even better than what I was going to suggest.

Remember you can always press your Print Screen button ( on your keyboard ). This copies your whole screen into the clipboard then you can paste into whatever program you want, like MSPaint. Then you could edit it if you want

If you want just the active window press Alt-Print screen. This is good for any program but what rags said is probably the best way for the IG charts

Good pin on Daily chart.

Chart 1 shows the pin lines up with 38 fib from Aug 07 lows to Mid June 08 highs; also 50 fib from mid Jan 08 lows to mid june 08 highs; alos lines up with S/R which runs through 100, a clear round number. 130 pips of risk plus spread. Chart 2 shows pin up close.

Glen

Following on from this from yesterday an inside bar has now formed. one to watch.

Glen

Attachments

• CHFJPY.htm
    380 bytes · Views: 218
Metal

Silver didn't quite go as I would have liked and now its formed a BEOB. Time to short, or wait for it to break the resistance at 14.00 and then pull back and retest from the other side? Also a BEOB on Gold.

As an update for the longer term guys (probably only a couple as
ps. And yup, i went against the grain of this thread and bought gold at 814 today....... (backed up by the above call on silver, cheers ;) )

Eltrot,
I was looking at this also (eurgbp short off the support level overhead). Think it has failed (tonight) and bust thru, back into the channel. Will wait to see what develops. Good call tho ;)

There was a similar looking setup on GBPUSD at the same time, which worked out very nicely indeed. Unfortunately I didn't take it :confused: . The pin bar didn't open and close within the previous bar, and depending on how you treat Sunday bars, it wasn't a pin bar at all. Oh, well...

Attachments

• gbpusd.gif
    gbpusd.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 190
Aud/jpy

seems to be a daily pin bar on AUD/JPY at bottom of swing low.
just not sure of any confluence though. S/R line looks reasonable going back 2yrs?
it does pass right through the fib61.8 though

so i think i would pass on this unless anyone can suggest otherwise?

Attachments

• Spot FX (mini) AUD_JPY (-).png
    Spot FX (mini) AUD_JPY (-).png
    20 KB · Views: 166
Status
Not open for further replies.