Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
look at eur/usd horly NOW, pin bout 2 hours ago. in work so cant look properly

This doesn't look like such a hot pin bar on my screen. The support you see it bounce off of is a pivot line that's been pretty active in the last few weeks/months beginning in March 08.

Attachments

• eurusd7-24.gif
    eurusd7-24.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 151
Omni,
You should read Marber's book on trading markets. He has some useful if not overly technical ways of trading the break outs. In a Triangle formation you would place your entry just above where the 2nd hit of your TL is for a long, or 2nd hit on a TL for a short. He also advocates a 3% stocks, 1% Forex Breakout for it to be confirmed as a TL break.

He seems to hate day trading prefering the longer TFs of daily and weekly. His overarching method is to stick with the trend; the secret is the confirmation of the trend. He shows a forex chart with 6 indicators all giving various buy/sell signals that over a 6 month period woud have you in and out of the market 15 times. He then shows you a simple monthly MA that would have kept you in the market and with the trend for all of those 15 indicator signals!
It seems that the simple uncomplicated methods are often the best..
Grim

Omni,
You should read Marber's book on trading markets. He has some useful if not overly technical ways of trading the break outs. In a Triangle formation you would place your entry just above where the 2nd hit of your TL is for a long, or 2nd hit on a TL for a short. He also advocates a 3% stocks, 1% Forex Breakout for it to be confirmed as a TL break.

He seems to hate day trading prefering the longer TFs of daily and weekly. His overarching method is to stick with the trend; the secret is the confirmation of the trend. He shows a forex chart with 6 indicators all giving various buy/sell signals that over a 6 month period woud have you in and out of the market 15 times. He then shows you a simple monthly MA that would have kept you in the market and with the trend for all of those 15 indicator signals!
It seems that the simple uncomplicated methods are often the best..
Grim

What do you mean by "2nd hit"?

i have gone and got myself involved with this,target 300

Attachments

• rbs.gif
    rbs.gif
    19.2 KB · Views: 190
Anyone taking the S&P or other indices short? Nice price action off 38fib.

Attachments

• spx.JPG
    spx.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 213
Omni,
I have added a picture below to help. Advise taken from 'Marber on Markets'

There are no certainties in these patterns only probabilities.

If there is a BO north-east then the upper TL (drawn paralell to the bottom TL of the triangle) becomes the target. The abort would be a renewed close 1% below the horizontal top line.

This chart also shows the bullish/bearish flags quite well. He says a Flag is only a Flag on Daily and above charts. The initial objective should be the width of the flag to the up/down side depending on what pattern in what trend you have!

Attachments

• triangle.gif
    triangle.gif
    29.4 KB · Views: 211
Sorry, here's a picture without all the facts being cut out/off!
Grim

Attachments

• triangle.gif
    triangle.gif
    51.3 KB · Views: 200
eur/usd 1hr pinbar

eur/usd 1hr pinbar formed, another one is in the process of forming. Might consider a short if double pinbar confirmed in 20 mins....

Hi
Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on this trade...
I have been following TD's excellent thread -and now about half way through. I have been looking at setups for a while and so this morning thought i'd jump in on a small scale.
having drawn my S/R lines on the daily chart I saw what I thought was a setup on the Hourly chart first thing this morning...
I took this Dax trade I went short at 6370 with a stop at 6405. Unfortunately I got stopped out.

Was my setup wrong? the only thing i can think of was that the PIN bar was not really on a swing high? (PIN bar 3rd bar from right on screenshot)

anyone got any ideas

thanks

Simon

Attachments

• Dax hourly trade.doc
    41 KB · Views: 259
Cable was the most obvious buy I think I have ever seen yesterday.

I actually managed to get in 15 ticks off the low :)

Out way to early but you live and you learn, eh?

im going out now but could you elaborate td ive looked at some TF,s and cant see what you mean,unless its because of the long bias you have,

Was there any reason not to take this pin short on NZD/USD? I took it and got stopped out

Attachments

• nzdusd.JPG
    nzdusd.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 195
Status
Not open for further replies.