Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
1hr pin on USDCHF. Shorting into recent rally and $ strength, off SR but I don't have any fib confluence. Pin on SR may be good enough for some!
Grim

There is a a 1hr pin near support on the Euro. The following two candles are so far failing to break the lows. Best to wait for ZEW at 10am before you hit it though.

Tomorrow is going to be intereresting though. I think we will take out the Thursday low at 7660 and then we will almost certainly have a good attempt at testing the November lows around 7345.

Dow through Fridays lows.

Gold rocketing.

Fixed income flying.

:eek:

Hi guys,.and girls,.
I've bin paper trading a strategy for five months now,.....and it's averaging me 200 pips per day,. the question I'd like to ask is,......how much is this system worth on the open market ?

It'll be worth bucketloads if you can trade it at £50 per point per day for yourself.

This could be a good time to get back into cable for the long book?
The PA has retraced back to the 61% fib from the low to recent high and we have convergance on the PA and force index & MACD.
Maybe one to tuck away, keeping the stop behind the daily 50 ma once PA has moved above it? Looks like we may get that gap fill from yesterday!?

There is a a 1hr pin near support on the Euro. The following two candles are so far failing to break the lows. Best to wait for ZEW at 10am before you hit it though.

It's turning into the battle of the pins after the ZEW report gain has been wiped out. I haven't seen this before (3 pins in same direction on hourly and now formation of a new pin in opposite direction), any thoughts to the significance? I thought we may have seen a retracement before taking short positions again...

It's turning into the battle of the pins after the ZEW report gain has been wiped out. I haven't seen this before (3 pins in same direction on hourly and now formation of a new pin in opposite direction), any thoughts to the significance? I thought we may have seen a retracement before taking short positions again...
Wait for the hour period to end first - It can't be a pin until the hour is up. It could still go back up. Obviosuly if the bottoms of the 1hr pins are taken out then all bets are off!

Cable just hit off overnight resistance. It's now support at 14333. Cable is crazy today, breaks down, reverses.

On one side i want this pin to hold although euro looks slightly bullish after the fall. I'm going to have to sit this one out.

Also gaps havent filled. :?:

edit: euro 5m explains pins better

Attachments

• eurobreak.jpg
    eurobreak.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
I'm selling more Dow if we rally to 7660 or 7700.

Hopefully Wal Mart earnings can lift it so I can get a better price :)

30m, 1hr and 4hr pins on Gold - may see a bit of retracement here. Odd that $ and gold are rallying at the same time - last time this happened was back in 2005?
Grim

I'm selling more Dow if we rally to 7660 or 7700.

Hopefully Wal Mart earnings can lift it so I can get a better price :)

In case you get a situation like last Thursday, will you be looking at the Nasdaq???? :)

I'm interested to know though how everyone is looking at levels?
I mean, the Dow is only a couple of percent from the Nov lows, whereas the S&P and Nasdaq are about 8% and 12% respectively.

what constitutes 'breaking the lows?' the individual market you are looking at or all three?

Goose

Just got out my ftse short incase of good numbers for walmart will sell again below the low of the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.