Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
trade alert : order to short eurusd on break of pin

eurusd.gif

EUr/USD now broken up, but pleased to see my off piste EUR/JPY going well. In fact while typing this it's just had another push north to +37, so given the poor start to the week on other strategies yesterday, I think I'll put the 37 in the bank to make +39 for today.

Last edited:
Contrary to normal outcomes greed came up good this time. Rather than taking the 37 I put a 5 pip trail on it and got out at +47, so +49 for the day so far.

couple of trade alerts: looking to get long WTI and WS, orders pending if pin bar closes correctly

wti not looking right so no trade there, but order for long WS long pending 11412 stop 11398

ws looking ok pocrel. twin bars...

bit late in the day for me splashy i will leave to you

daily round up

2 trades

1 scratched for +0

1 win +17 points

not around tomorrow but back on thursday, have a good evning

bit late in the day for me splashy i will leave to you

daily round up

2 trades

1 scratched for +0

1 win +17 points

not around tomorrow but back on thursday, have a good evning

ok. Just for today i'll post lol...got in at 11444, target 11500, stop 11398, r/r 1.2:1

stop to b/e

Out for +0. Considering the lateness in the day, i had decided to cash in if it reached 11482, yesterdays high but i blinked and the bottom fell out. Someone, somewhere must have said something...i'll find out what it was after tea...

I know it's before the Londond start, so outside Pocrel's rules but I've just taken a short on EUR/USD based on a break of the 6.00 -6.30 pin.
The reason I took it outside the rules is that it was a perfect pin, reversing in and out of a strong s/r level from yesterday afternoon and from my entry point (1.4401) my stop is 18 pips, but S1 is 50 pips away, so r/r of nearly 3-1.
But currently -9 on a pullback......

How stupid do I feel....
Set my initial T/P at S1 circa 50pips. London opened and it started falling fast, so removed my T/P, and felt quite smug when it sailed through S1, on it's way i thought to S2 where I would happily take 100pips.
Nearly cashed out when it slowed at 75pips, but greedily hung on to have my protective stop at +20 hit.
A win is a win, but I see it more as at least 30pips given away.

Worse still I took a short on GBP/JPY which was 0.9 pips from S1 at +19, now showing -16. So from having the chance of an easy 69 pips before 8.30 am, I will be lucky to stay in the black on these two trades. Must learn to manage my stops with more discipline !!!

On my broker's platform GBP/JPY came within 0.003 of touching the pivot in the 8.30 -9.00am bar. R/R is 1/1 or just over, so is anyone taking it?
(I'm already in it from the pin in the 7.30-8.00am bar.)

Just broken north, so last pin invalidated, just home my earlier one stays intact.

Last edited: