Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dow just hit my 1 to 1 target frustrating watching that ahhh need to work on my patience

Anyway , i will put it down to tiredness my lack of discipline on the Dow trade as it moves up the chart

back in the morning

2 trades today

1 scratch for 0

1 win +10 points

see you in the morning

i just caught the trade from when it went from 82 to 07 ish ( just watched on my phone as im in work) and thought well done!! was gutted when i looked back on here and seen your message about taking profits early! i did the same this morning ah well the learning curve goes on!

Last edited:
morning, sorry little late still on hk time, i am going to get long this usdjpy setup its already had a go at breaking out hopefully it will on the second time

morning, sorry little late still on hk time, i am going to get long this usdjpy setup its already had a go at breaking out hopefully it will on the second time

usdjpy.gif

this usdjpy is doing nothing for me, need to re position myself i think i am going to scratch that trade for nothing 0

out of usdjpy for +0

i think intervention is the only thing that will move it higher, market seems dead this morning

just watching this dollar index charts for clues to where we are going, i suggest everyone try to analyse it before taking trades or to confirm direction

usd index.gif

my thinking at the moment is that we should be getting long the £ or euro here, the market still not tipping its hand to much, might have to wait till US open

I know we're all trading pins on short timeframes but if you care to have a look at the FTSE's weekly bar, is this not the most massive pin bar ever? - over 500pts from top to bottom.

lovely time to get long stocks perhaps, a little retrace of the pin and it might be worth a swing trade

somewhere around the black line would be a nice entry

cheers tomorton for that heads up
ftse.gif

Hello
New to this thread, but been catching up on the history of it for a couple of days. Very enlightening and a credit to Pocrel for starting it and keeping it coming.

I've taken a couple of trades on this strategy today, a short on USD/JPY on a break of the 9.30am bar, slight retrace so I got in at 76.78. Possibly should have taken half off at +10, but stop now set in the black so will ride it out.

Also took a slightly off piste long on EUR/JPY. wasn't on a standard pivot or s/r, but two successive pins bouncing off a confluence of MA's in 30M and 1H on my set up made it too hard to resist.