No More PMs for Db

dbphoenix

Guest Author
Hardly what I would call an "event", but all the threads regarding the whole banning mess have been closed and I have no idea where else to state that after having heard from "The Bramble" via PM, I've decided to disable the PM option.

The earth will, of course, not move, and there may be no one who needs to get in touch with me, but if anyone does, I'm afraid he'll have to figure out some other way.

Sorry.

--Db

Sharky,
Time to focus; pay close attention - please!

In the last 24 hours you've managed to lose one of the best and most influential traders of your 40,000+ members. In trading terms, my guess is that you regard this as a minor pull back on low volume, with the probability that the (upward) trend of T2W will continue. Risky decision; very risky, IMO. dbp's action above is yet another warning signal, if one were needed.

You've neatly tidied up and closed the banned members thread; sweeping those awkward posts under the carpet. This is your prerogative - your site - you own it and can do with it as you see fit. However, I assume it is also your livelihood - a business in its own right and one that provides you with a good living. But the site is like a trading instrument that has had a volume blow off. Its spectacular rise can not be sustained indefinitely and, sooner or later, there must be a consolidation at the very least, if not a full blown reversal. I've no idea what your chart and tape reading skills are like; they are not my concern. But, for your sake and that of T2W as a whole, I hope sincerely that they are very finely tuned indeed and that you are paying close attention to the signals screaming from every corner of this very graphic 'chart'. As a trader, dbp's post above might very well be the signal to confirm one's suspicions that the 'buying pressure' into T2W has abated and that a reversal is imminent.

Just in case your skin is even half as thick as your username suggests, allow me to spell it out for you . . In excess of 99% of your membership comprises 'wannabes' like myself. It's why I joined T2W in the first place and why I'm still here now. It's a place where I can access the likes of Mr. Charts and Dbphoenix. But, alienate these people (and two or three others at most) and your active participating membership will be gone in the blink of an eye. There are sheep and there are shepherds. Suffice to say, it is not the flock that you need to be focusing on now, it is the shepherds. If you and the mods see off the latter, then the former will quickly look elsewhere for inspiration, motivation and leadership.

Paul - it's your call. I applaud and congratulate you on creating something very special here, please don't blow it.
Tim.

Last edited:
Stick with the rules Mods.

People can disable PMs. Enable thick skins. Disable egos. And just get on and be adults.

Lets have a level playing field without prima donnas dictating special slopes for special people.

Timsk, I appreciate your concerns and I was as sorry as anyone that Richard decided to stop posting (in fact I've told him so privately) - but that was his call. It wasn't a case of - let's swap thebramble for mr. charts - I certainly didn't imagine his return would result in such a strong reaction since the banning was related not to Richard but to Matt. If the banning itself in any way involved Richard or anyone else, then I'd have sought an apology from them too.

I should add I received a copy of the PM he sent to DBP, and it's of a concilitory nature and not in way negative as you might suspect from DBP's subsequent decision to stop receiving PMs.

Kiwi said:
Stick with the rules Mods.

People can disable PMs. Enable thick skins. Disable egos. And just get on and be adults.

Lets have a level playing field without prima donnas dictating special slopes for special people.
Yes, quite. I agree. And what happens is that special people are special, because they just "are", and when these special people finally get bored with bratty behaviour from rude kids they "slope off" and regroup on mountain tops out of reach of nearly everyone. And then, no one that really needs to benefit, benefits.

Sharky said:
Timsk, I appreciate your concerns and I was as sorry as anyone that Richard decided to stop posting (in fact I've told him so privately) - but that was his call. It wasn't a case of - let's swap thebramble for mr. charts - I certainly didn't imagine his return would result in such a strong reaction since the banning was related not to Richard but to Matt. If the banning itself in any way involved Richard or anyone else, then I'd have sought an apology from them too.

I should add I received a copy of the PM he sent to DBP, and it's of a concilitory nature and not in way negative as you might suspect from DBP's subsequent decision to stop receiving PMs.

Paul,
Thanks for your comments. I accept fully that it wasn't your intention to "swap TheBramble for Mr. Charts" and I am sorry if my post above inferred that in any way. Additionally, it has been pointed out to me that my comment about "sweeping awkward posts under the carpet" was harsh given that you made it plain at the start of the 'Banned Members' thread that discussion posts would be cleared. I accept this criticism but, at the same time, the comments were totally relevant to that thread and it seemed appropriate to post them there.

On a much more serious note, I have received a PM from a high profile and well respected member saying that my comments amounted to an attack on you. I am shocked and dismayed at this suggestion. It is not my style to deliberately attack or offend anyone, especially the site owner! I apologise unreservedly if that was the way the post came across. I assure you, it was not my intention. In fact, I said what I said for precisely the opposite reasons. Namely, I admire what you've achieved with T2W and I care a great deal about the site. My closing remark of said post was meant to provide evidence - if evidence is needed - to support this fact.

I must stress that I said what I said because I care about the site but, nonetheless I do believe that you have made a decision which, unwittingly, could be detrimental to it. I would also stress that my views have nothing to do with the individuals concerned. I repeat: personally, I have no quarrel with TheBramble and I have no wish to cause him any offence. Indeed, I have enjoyed reading many of his posts in the past and often found his contributions to be informative, constructive and amusing. The point is one of principle and fair play. Either multiple nick's are allowed or they are not. If they are not, then a banned member should not be readmitted when it is known that he or she uses them. Additionally, If someone is banned for sending rude, nasty and unpleasant PM's and e-mails to other members, then this too should not be tolerated. He or she should only be readmitted when genuine apologies are offered to - and accepted by - all injured parties and not just one person who happens to be a moderator. This is all quite simple - surely?

A separate issue is the value and importance of any one member. This too is simple - I believe. Quite a few traders can 'talk the talk' - very convincingly. Even I could probably impress one or two newbies with some jargon infused verbosity! But how many members can 'walk the walk' and demonstrate on a regular basis with time stamped trades that they can also practice what they preach? We know for a fact that Mr. Charts can do this. That was all I was referring to when I said that you've managed to lose one of the best and most influential traders of your 40,000+ members.

Respectfully yours,
Tim.

Last edited:
timsk said:
Paul,
Thanks for your comments. I accept fully that it wasn't your intention to "swap TheBramble for Mr. Charts" and I am sorry if my post above inferred that in any way. Additionally, it has been pointed out to me that my comment about "sweeping awkward posts under the carpet" was harsh given that you made it plain at the start of the 'Banned Members' thread that discussion posts would be cleared. I accept this criticism but, at the same time, the comments were totally relevant to that thread and it seemed appropriate to post them there.

On a much more serious note, I have received a PM from a high profile and well respected member suggesting that my comments amounted to an attack on you. I am shocked and dismayed at this suggestion. It is not my style to deliberately attack or offend anyone, especially the site owner! I apologise unreservedly if that was the way the post came across. I assure you, it was not my intention. In fact, I said what I said for precisely the opposite reasons. Namely, I admire what you've achieved with T2W and I care a great deal about the site. My closing remark of said post was meant to provide evidence - if evidence is needed - to support this fact.

I must stress that I said what I said because I care about the site but, nonetheless I do believe that you have made a decision which, unwittingly, could be detrimental to it. I would also stress that my views have nothing to do with the individuals concerned. I repeat: personally, I have no quarrel with TheBramble and I have no wish to cause him any offence. Indeed, I have enjoyed reading many of his posts in the past and often found his contributions to be informative, constructive and amusing. The point is one of principle and fair play. Either multiple nick's are allowed or they are not. If they are not, then a banned member should not be readmitted when it is known that he or she uses them. Additionally, If someone is banned for sending rude, nasty and unpleasant PM's and e-mails to other members, then this too should not be tolerated. He or she should only be readmitted when genuine apologies are offered to - and accepted by - all injured party's and not just one person who happens to be a moderator. This is all quite simple - surely?

A separate issue is the value and importance of any one member. This too is simple - I believe. Quite a few traders can 'talk the talk' - very convincingly. Even I could probably impress one or two newbies with some jargon infused verbosity! But how many members can 'walk the walk' and demonstrate on a regular basis with time stamped trades that they can also practice what they preach? We know for a fact that Mr. Charts can do this. That was all I was referring to when I said that you've managed to lose one of the best and most influential traders of your 40,000+ members.

Respectfully yours,
Tim.
The question arises as to whether there is in reality enough server capacity to accomodate all the apologies you suggest the member in question should make to injured parties. :LOL: To my knowledge there are quite a few members who have recieved persistent and unwanted PMs, culminating in one member going to the extreme of disabling his PM facility to avoid being pestered any further.:LOL:

>>>>And that is without considering all the aliases, too :LOL: