NEVER LOSE AGAIN!! TheRumpledOne

ej90g.gif

Meanwhile, pips were being take from the short at 0.6550

Meanwhile, pips were being take from the short at 0.6550

and of course pips where being lost from the eurusd long at 1.2725.

We could play this game of retrospectively posting good and bad set ups, but I'm not sure how this actually helps anyone

Attachments

• TRO_Entry_1.jpg
    TRO_Entry_1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 463
TRO, am I right in thinking, on eur/usd this hour that there was a Long trade first at 1.2725 that would have been good for 10 pips, and now a short at the break of 1.2700 for at least 10 pips. The opening price was 1.2719.

Do you take both the long and the short in this scenario?

Many Thanks again

Bunny

TRO, am I right in thinking, on eur/usd this hour that there was a Long trade first at 1.2725 that would have been good for 10 pips, and now a short at the break of 1.2700 for at least 10 pips. The opening price was 1.2719.

Many Thanks again

Bunny

Even you said there is only one trade per hour.

Stick to the rules.

We could play this game of retrospectively posting good and bad set ups, but I'm not sure how this actually helps anyone

I wonder if the difference here is that I am waiting for the BID price to cross the line...that's why I have been entering at 2 pips past the line for example: 1.2627 (1.2625 + spread) I do this because if you're going long at 1.2625 then the chart will still only be showing 1.2623 so you're getting in too early. If you had waited another 10 minutes before entering when the bid price hit 1.2625 you would have got your scalp

Bunny.

Even you said there is only one trade per hour.

Stick to the rules.

This scenario is different to what we had earlier, remember this is my first day at this method and I am learning too, so I want to ask what I think are valid questions as they arise. This time the trades were in different directions, as opposed to the "adding to positions" and the "re-entering" questions I asked earlier.

Bunny

p.s I'm not trading at this time of the evening, simply observing and making notes for when the same situation arises in future. I will call in realtime if & when I take any trades tomorrow using this method.

According to IGindex we just had our 3rd Red candle in a row on EUR/USD...the highest one looks like a doji but actually closed 1 pip lower than the open making it a red bar. So according to your other method TRO we should be looking for long eur/usd trades now?

I'm not too sure about this method, I havn't looked at it live yet, so am I right in thinking that the entry long would be above 1.2696 (the pivot of the previous bar) or do you take the cross of the horizontals as before? The small dip below the line at the start of the hour would have avoided a false entry short using the 3 bar in a row method!

Bunny

Last edited:
According to IGindex we just had our 3rd Red candle in a row on EUR/USD...the highest one looks like a doji but actually closed 1 pip lower than the open making it a red bar. So according to your other method TRO we should be looking for long eur/usd trades now?

Bunny

Or short at 75 ? (watching this play out on netdania from my hotel room rather than watching proper charts so apologies if price feeds are slightly adrift)

6hnewl.gif

Not good/bad.

Profitable/Unprofitable.

More winners than losers... just look at the chart!!

I don't see a loser unless you're not quick enough. Then, again, may depend on your broker.

Post BIG CHARTS so we can see. Use TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

I wonder if the difference here is that I am waiting for the BID price to cross the line...that's why I have been entering at 2 pips past the line for example: 1.2627 (1.2625 + spread) I do this because if you're going long at 1.2625 then the chart will still only be showing 1.2623 so you're getting in too early. If you had waited another 10 minutes before entering when the bid price hit 1.2625 you would have got your scalp

Bunny.

If I am going long, I buy the ASK at 25.

If I am going short, I sell to the bid at 25.

Many Thanks again

Bunny

Please post a chart so we can see what you are looking at.

Thanks.

v6hxs3.gif

Someone mention "common sense".

Let's see how to apply what you learned in TRADING 101.

LOWER HIGHS and LOWER LOWS indicate price is DROPPING.

Base on STATISTICS, we know that after 3 or more like colored candles PRICE will usually drop ( at least usually enough to give us a scalp ).

I SEE 3 green candles.

I SEE the third green candle's high is LOWER than the second candle's high. That means price is dropping.

Based on COMMON TRADING SENSE, I would look for SHORT ENTRIES especially if I am thinking swing trade.

Also, price had run up OVER 200 pips. Now were in the DAILY AVERAGE RANGE TERRITORY. Time to think SHORT.

But even if you never took TRADING 101 and did nothing but followed the simple rule:

SEE THE COLOR OF THE H1 CANDLE AND TRADE WITH IT, NOT AGAINST IT, AT THE LINES WITH PRICE ENDING IN 00, 25, 50 or 75

you still would have made money.

The Rumpled One:

"LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WASTE TIME IRONING CLOTHES, SO MY T-SHIRTS ARE RUMPLED."

I prefer the google definition. Very descriptive ;)

Hey, perhaps you can employ someone to come do your ironing- you should share some of your trading wealth.

Please post a chart so we can see what you are looking at.

Thanks.

This is the bar that I was looking at that would have been profitable for both long and short.

Bunny

p.s I'm sorry I havn't worked out how to upload tinypic yet, I hope the chart is big enough.

Attachments

• eurusd171108.png
    eurusd171108.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 384
This is the bar that I was looking at that would have been profitable for both long and short.

Bunny

p.s I'm sorry I havn't worked out how to upload tinypic yet, I hope the chart is big enough.

You would have been very lucky to get 10 pips out of that!

You wouldn't exit the trade right at the top of the spike there- most likely you would see it come down at least a few points before exiting. Well done if you got 10 points!