My Live trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
fiber took positive SL for +11 pips and cable took stop for -10 pips will wait again now maybe until tomorrow

sold at 15783

got out of that at 15825

sold cable at 15825

exited cable at 15835

sold cable again at 15824 with 50 SL and 100 PL initially

exited cable at 15842

Sold cable at 15840

cable took SL for -10 pips

According to your own posts, total loss for cable is -80 pips. Correct me if I am wrong.

I always do a count up at the end of the day and then a weekly one. You could well be right, will confirm later on both whether I take another trade or not. I do have losing days. I had 2 I think last week, but ended up positively fortunately with +350 odd pips. My sentiment is still bearish on both pairs, so until that changes, I will probably be looking to sell

I always do a count up at the end of the day and then a weekly one. You could well be right, will confirm later on both whether I take another trade or not. I do have losing days. I had 2 I think last week, but ended up positively fortunately with +350 odd pips. My sentiment is still bearish on both pairs, so until that changes, I will probably be looking to sell

I think your cable trading today has been at best niaive...On a day that since 0838am this London morning has seen cable pretty much rise and keep rising, was it not better to find areas at which you could buy ? I say this not because I am being a retrospective smart **** but beacuse since the 1hr and 4hr pinbars that formed at the 61.8% 5668-5872 @ the current daily lo 5746, the price action has been bullish and the oscillators have been pointing north etc....It just seems like top picking in a clear intraday bullish market?

Surely a bullish scenario on 4hr?

Last edited:
Hi are you referring to today or the last 3 months. Today at the moment is -80 on cable. The last three months overall is circa +2500 pips. My sentiment is based on the daily view and fundamentals. Cable is very volatile,, so try to find a price can be difficult at times and can even be 10s of points out. I do have lsoing days and maybe today will be one of them. However it still doesn't change my sentiment until that is proven wrong by eclipsing last Thursday's high of 15922.

Sold cable at 15845 and fiber at 13692

I think your cable trading today has been at best niaive...On a day that since 0838am this London morning has seen cable pretty much rise and keep rising, was it not better to find areas at which you could buy ? I say this not because I am being a retrospective smart **** but beacuse since the 1hr and 4hr pinbars that formed at the 61.8% 5668-5872 @ the current daily lo 5746, the price action has been bullish and the oscillators have been pointing north etc....It just seems like top picking in a clear intraday bullish market?

Surely a bullish scenario on 4hr?

But of course I respect your opinion. I don't really want to both buy and sell in the same session though. If my sentiment is bearish overall, then I will live or die by that sentiment..

But of course I respect your opinion. I don't really want to both buy and sell in the same session though. If my sentiment is bearish overall, then I will live or die by that sentiment..

I understandd the point you make about effectively having a trading plan for the seesson, and I similarly respect your view and thread...Interesting answer in your reply above in post #466, about your trading plan/sentiment today being informed by the daily view /fundie environment and I just wondered from a daily chart perspective what you find bearish that resulted in your sentimehnt/plan to only sell today...as you can see price had bounced twice off previous resistance (resistance became support) and Friday was a master bullish engulfing candle?

Thanks and continued G/L

Last edited:
I understandd the point you make about effectively having a trading plan for the seesson, and I similarly respect your view and thread...Interesting answer in your reply above in post #466, about your trading plan/sentiment today being informed by the daily view /fundie environment and I just wondered from a daily chart perspective what you find bearish that resulted in your sentimehnt/plan to only sell today...as you can see price had bounced twice off previous resistance (resistance became support) and Friday was a master bullish engulfing candle?

Thanks and continued G/L

I also trade in longer time frames and recently exited my buy on cable. (I do not post those here). I've also been buying cable Intraday for something like 3 months consistently. On Friday my sentiment changed, as rightly or wrongly I believe that both fiber and cable have turned.

In the case of cable its harder to see than fiber (it always is given the volatile nature of cable vs fiber) However, consider this. If todays current high holds , then today will post the lowest high of the last 5/6 days (I do not have or use Sunday data). I am very influenced by my longer term view as I trade both, so not unnaturally this will exert an influence on my intraday trades. Of course it would have been a lot easier to take any of these trades and simply put up a 150SL and then later on say "I told you so", but I am committed here to not only trade Intraday, but also show a responsible attitude towards using stop losses. If I lose 70-80 pips in day, I really count that as being part of the process of testing my sentiment. There have been plenty of days and I know there will be plenty more where I have and will again make +200 pips in single day. Catching a turn is always difficult at the best of times. But my take on trend is 5 consecutive days of lower highs for a downward trend and 5 consecutive days of higher highs for an upwards trend (give or take a few pips, its not an exact science). There are a lot of other fundamental reasons why I formed this view also. At the end of the day, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I've been wrong before and I will be wrong again. Slightly longer term, I believe both cable and fiber will go up as I have stated consistently. However, shorter term if Thursday of last week's turning point/fractal continues to hold, there is increasing likelihood of a downwards correction anytime soon - which shall see.

According to your own posts, total loss for cable is -80 pips. Correct me if I am wrong.

Not pulling your chain on this one WT, but would you honestly recommend this pattern of trading/method of trading to your twitter followers? Again and I'm being straight with you here (not in lulz mode), but to me it looks all over the shop; a bit of revenge trading, your own confirmation bias at work..all sorts of random stuff going on with stops, targets, reasons to enter/close...

Not pulling your chain on this one WT, but would you honestly recommend this pattern of trading/method of trading to your twitter followers? Again and I'm being straight with you here (not in lulz mode), but to me it looks all over the shop; a bit of revenge trading, your own confirmation bias at work..all sorts of random stuff going on with stops, targets, reasons to enter/close...

I have been asked that before by Flash (dig it out). I do not recommend my daily Intraday methods as taken here at all. Its that simple. They are simply not suitable for a simple Trading plan as you have correctly pointed out. Nor do I choose to the trade the simple plan as it only produces 2 - 3 trades per week (albeit High probability trades) That would a) be really boring as a blog and b) a little boring for me also as I like to keep my mind active (I'm nearly 60 you know).

However seeing as you have asked, there are a lot of things that I do do every day which are important to both.

I only trade and recommend trading with the trend (rightly or wrongly I believe the trend may have broken on cable) When was the last time you saw me sell cable?

The use of the Stop loss as a major tool of a trade ( any trade) is all important. It may look random to you, but it is actually a system based on local s&r and consolidation whether that is for you or against you. To put it as simply as possible. If your trade is going well, then you need to protect your back as much as possible. Break even, positive stops, chase it up. All specifics s&rs on the chart leading you to these decisions (I do give them out all the time). Eventually once you have let the profit run, it will come to a point where your SL is very close the the price. At that point you will be forced to bank the money! If the trade is going against you. There is no difference. Bring your SL up and keep doing it until you are break even or small loss. This is the reality of Intraday Trading, protect your capital at all times and let your profits develop and for God's sake bank them. These features I believe are common to both.

In time once a Trader has become more experienced and is consistently making money with a simple high probability plan (and I know you of all people will choose not to believe this but 90% of them actually are) then they can start getting a lot more adventurous with their trading other than taking a stock simple type of trade. How many times have you seen me take a Flag (buy off consolidation and momentum) on eur/usd for instance? Many times. No retracement there.

I could go on, but you will forgive me for being understandably cynical given who I'm talking to. No offense intended.

Having a break, a cup of tea and a donut. I will do a quick count up from my closed trades screen later on and post that. For the record, I still have not seen anything yet to change my bearish sentiment on fiber and cable. fiber is currently supported at 13670, so pushes below that will make me even more bearish. Cable is currently supported at around the round figure 15800 so pushes below that, ditto. As I am happy to say, I have been wrong before and will doubtless be wrong again, but that is my current view and I make no apologies for it..

What you think or indeed what I say here is pretty much irrelevant in a thread called "My Live trades".

The fact is that I live or die, not by your utterings or those of that pesky Bandit fellow, but by my own live, transparent, verified trades, step by step, blow by blow, that I have been posting in real time since mid June.

If you, or Mr Bandit or your Chairman in Chief, BS, wish to really have your comments taken seriously, then you are going to have to do the same to be on the level playing field. So I hope that all reading this now need to see "Live Trades" posted and verified in real time by yourself, FX Bandit and Mr BS. Do that every day of your life for a few months and have them properly verified by arch site policeman Lord Flash and others and I for one will be happy to accept anything you wish to say about me at all in good grace. Of course as you said it its easy isn't it, so easy you will not have a problem doing it yourself.

So whichever of you replies first, or all of you, be sure to direct us all to your new threads. If not prepared to do that, but instead keep pouring scorn on me or people like me, then why not and where is your credibility?

3 Live trades threads please, one for each of you. Anyone else want to see that? Ill start them for you now if you like, all you have to do is fill in the blanks.

What are you on about? I was just stating that it's easier to teach than manage a bunch of accounts, which you saw the other way round. I never said you were trying to sell anything or that you couldnt trade. Although from what i've seen so far, you're almost impossible to follow. I dont get why you call EURUSD "fiber". To me, it sounds like you're trying too hard to come across like a trader, specially as noone uses that term. I know where it comes from btw before you go into one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.