My Live trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
market seems to have shrugged this off over the last few hours culminating in some big volatility about 30 mins ago so resumed now at 15640

whats the running count so far

Good Point..

Just working this out now..
Starting from last post of totals last week:
Last week: + 233 pips. Running total since live trades started being posted on 17th June is +2106 pips
This week to date including the last trade which I have now retaken:
This week so far: -98, Running total since live trades started being posted on 17th June is +2108

Thats not counting my current running profit on this trade at the moment

I usually do a weekly running stat on a Friday afternoon/evening after I have finished trading for the week

resetting my SL to -70 again so I can stay in this longer term - as I keep saying I'm still bullish on cable

Still in same cable buy from yesterday, it has more or less stayed in profit whole time and Im looking for a break upwards now over 15700

Its been circa 50 pips up at times but I need some more evidence that the break will be upwards. Will wait and look for other opportunities

LOL, I knew someone who bought a bicycle for more than that.
I read in another post you went long on the GBP/CHF. Nice one! You should be bagging about 100 pips or more.
Check out the USD/JPY. I just went long. Not many pips, but it should be 70 from the current position.

Young colleague has just come into the office having spent £914 on 4 tyres! Could have bought 2 cars for that when I was young!

How do you plan to explain to your traders how you keep moving your stop and targets?

Hi Thats quite simple. Use a series of local s&r tests to determine whether a trade should be cut early for both profit or loss. If it is in profit for instance, you will notice that I have given a running commentary on these local s&r areas and indeed refered to them frequently as "tests" which the trade needs to pass to remain valid. Providing these areas are dealt with, then you will also have seen that it allows you to justify letting your profits run. It also gets you out of trades that are not going to fly or go any further.

Just to give you an example. cable has just retested the 15700 area 3 times before breaking through off an ascending triangle shape on the 4hr view. The triangle plus a previous consolidation pattern was the clue to the likely break through this time, as opposed to previous occasions, but allowing the market to retest the resistance area allows you to see it through and let your profits run.

Unfortunately, I am not trading today since earlier on due to a bad headache - and may have to sign off for a while to get rid of it, so I'll check back in when the nurofen has got on top of it...

Had cable not been able to break this figure at third time of trying, then it would have become clear that the trade was not going to work and better take some profit.

Hi Thats quite simple. Use a series of local s&r tests to determine whether a trade should be cut early for both profit or loss. If it is in profit for instance, you will notice that I have given a running commentary on these local s&r areas and indeed refered to them frequently as "tests" which the trade needs to pass to remain valid. Providing these areas are dealt with, then you will also have seen that it allows you to justify letting your profits run. It also gets you out of trades that are not going to fly or go any further.

Just to give you an example. cable has just retested the 15700 area 3 times before breaking through off an ascending triangle shape on the 4hr view. The triangle plus a previous consolidation pattern was the clue to the likely break through this time, as opposed to previous occasions, but allowing the market to retest the resistance area allows you to see it through and let your profits run.

Unfortunately, I am not trading today since earlier on due to a bad headache - and may have to sign off for a while to get rid of it, so I'll check back in when the nurofen has got on top of it...

Had cable not been able to break this figure at third time of trying, then it would have become clear that the trade was not going to work and better take some profit.

Just one other thing before I lie down in a darkened room for a while, as I have mentioned before, I use the Stop Loss a a profit tool also. So as soon as is possible I move to break even stop, then a series of positive stops until I am able to take a good profit very close to hopefully the best price I can get within reason. Aagin this is a technique that can easily be learned and will guarantee you a lot more pips on your trades. Strangely though I do not like or use trailing stops, I like to make the judegment calls myself.

Epic fail...

nurofen are kicking in so feeler a bit more human now.

Black, not everybody swing trades the day like you and sets an immovable SL and lives by it. As you know because I have told you before, I trade only 2 ways: 1) Intraday posted here and on Twitter. Fast moving ever changing decisions based on market sentiment. And 2) long term trades (smaller position size) with a disaster "in case a plane hits the pentagon only, stop" These trades last for days and weeks sometimes - and I can't post them here.

Just to reiterate on a the current example of an intrday trade on cable that I mentioned before. It broke up after trying 3 times at 15700 from a consolidation pattern with an ascending triangle in the 4 hr view. If you took this trade from support ( ie 15670 - put up a 4 hr view a drop a simple 10 MA on it) then by now you would be +50 pips up. More importantly you would have seen that the price has consolidated above 15700 and this is a very good time to move your stop to break even so as not to turn a winning trade into a losing one.

It is now testing the first resistance test of 15725/30 ish a couple of time so far. If it gets through that and consolidates higher then I would move my stop into positive territory while it tests the next resistance level (which is at 15780ish) and so on.

So the question is - how can covering your back and guaranteeing at least a break even and then an increasingly improving profit on a trade be a bad thing? - or "an epic fail" - please explain for all who are reading this?

There is nothing wrong with that. You are a winner. Nothing else matters. Trading is not a one-mold fits all. Swan trades the way he wants, and if he is wonning, then that's all that counts. You trade your style, and that's what counts. It is evident you are a winner, because of the trades live you post. I might have the strangest method of all, but mine has also made me a winner.
Keep posting your trades. You're doing good.

nurofen are kicking in so feeler a bit more human now.

Black, not everybody swing trades the day like you and sets an immovable SL and lives by it. As you know because I have told you before, I trade only 2 ways: 1) Intraday posted here and on Twitter. Fast moving ever changing decisions based on market sentiment. And 2) long term trades (smaller position size) with a disaster "in case a plane hits the pentagon only, stop" These trades last for days and weeks sometimes - and I can't post them here.

Just to reiterate on a the current example of an intrday trade on cable that I mentioned before. It broke up after trying 3 times at 15700 from a consolidation pattern with an ascending triangle in the 4 hr view. If you took this trade from support ( ie 15670 - put up a 4 hr view a drop a simple 10 MA on it) then by now you would be +50 pips up. More importantly you would have seen that the price has consolidated above 15700 and this is a very good time to move your stop to break even so as not to turn a winning trade into a losing one.

It is now testing the first resistance test of 15725/30 ish a couple of time so far. If it gets through that and consolidates higher then I would move my stop into positive territory while it tests the next resistance level (which is at 15780ish) and so on.

So the question is - how can covering your back and guaranteeing at least a break even and then an increasingly improving profit on a trade be a bad thing? - or "an epic fail" - please explain for all who are reading this?

Status
Not open for further replies.