my journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) time is 15.00 to 20.00 CET
1) it's your first discretionary trade today (you can't trade discretionary outside this system)
2) your entry and your take profit are >=10 ticks away from any pivot lines
3) you've looked at "correlated" chart (3 months to 1 hour): can't go long/short if most correlated markets are heavily overbough/oversold
4) the 225-period ma is in favor by > 10 ticks
5) the 15-period ma gets crossed by price (in favor) after being on the other side >= 4 minutes

It looks like a SHORT is approaching but I can't anticipate: i need the 4 minutes on the other side of the fast ma.

Losing 500 in the meanwhile on my automated systems. It's usually been the opposite: making money with automated and losing with discretionary.

Hey, man, if you don't give me the four minutes, I can't enter.

By the way: i just realized that had I stayed in my gambling trade on the CL by now I'd be losing 700. Congratulations to myself.

Ok, here it goes: I am getting my 4 minutes above the fast moving average. But let's hope it's not the first 4 minutes of a huge rise, because I will take the next bearish crossover as a SHORT signal.

Not good: this rise on the CL is too big and it could be the start of the long awaited uptrend. Small on the ES, because it's been up all day. Small on the GBP which is good for a SHORT.

So big on the EUR, the rise, that I might not make the slow ma requirement of being 10 ticks below it.

Gone.

Snap1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.