my journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right, so... the JPY was closed with almost a 500 dollars profit, and that's good. Too bad the GBP is still open and losing about 500. So that would make us break even. But then the GBL is making 150 euros, so we'd be making a profit of about 225 dollars for the day. Well, that's good. It's more than what I make at the bank in one day. All right then. We might finally have a profitable day, after losing 5000 in the previous 3 trading sessions. But there's still 2 hours to go. Anyway, right now I'm ahead 225 for the day.

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 124

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 140
I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the day, when these two positions get closed, I'll be making money on both. Statistically I have a lot on my side, as much as possible. Yes, with these statistics on my side I lost 5000 last week. But in the long run it should work out. All automated traders agree that the past repeats itself. And discretionary traders do, too, whether they admit it or not.

Yes absolute Travis!
The amount of times i've entered AAPL on a breakout and then immediately found it to be false is actually unbelievable. Its not chance; its market characteristics and behaviour from the all players that are commonly trade it; Traders don't change their methodology everyday to something un-heard of and human emotion certaintly doesn't change - Therefore nor does the market; Slowly yes it may change; but not really 'change'; More like evolve on its current behaviours, it doesn't start acting crazy; a market such as the E-mini S&P500 - Its volatility may change (Bigger) and the amount it trends vs chop may change, whether it false breakouts more often than not may change, volume may increase, trending behaviours may become more violent/volatile, choppy behaviours may be the setups of the next trend and that could be a change; But no drastic crazy changes will occur; Only simple things; Like the gap fade ... It works, it MAY not work forever; But one way or another - The gap is either more likely to be faded or NOT or eventually become unimportant (random) and then other things will be created, (for example, this would create a tendency for random up/down fluctuations on market opening, or that when price opens its very directional) Either way, whatever changes occur, we will be left with equally explotiable opportunities and chances.

x

I hope you are right. Certainly, the more systems I build, the better. They shouldn't stop working all at once.

With a few minutes to go, I am losing for the day, again (just 40 dollars). Since I began losing last Wednesday, this is a whole negative week (even though yesterday no real money trades were made). If I weren't used to not tampering by now I would have flipped and done some discretionary trading. A whole week of losing is very annoying. First time it happens in 3 months.

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 132
With only one position open and one hour to go from closing it, I am always down about 50 dollars. Wednesday is the best day. Hopefully tomorrow I will have good news for my few selected readers.

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 131
Ok, this is it. All trades were closed. I made 20 dollars for the day. Not good. Of course, if you just make 20 dollars, it'd be best to stay out, because the risk involved is huge. We'll see in the future, if I should get rid of all time zones making less than an average of 55 dollars per trade (rather than 40 as it is now). Maybe so. Tomorrow is likely going to be a positive day, because stats are so much in favor of it.

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 145
Let's remind myself once more how long I've been off tampering with my systems, because it's not a taken yet:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/72598-my-journal-3.html#post916608
Sep 24, 2009, 8:22pm

A whole two weeks of successful interfering... got cockier and cockier... more and more reckless... and finally today they got all the money back plus a lot of extra money (overall, as usual, twice as much as I had made with all my interfering). Now I'll try to get it back (I shouldn't but I will, most likely). It'll work for a while, till they'll get it all back plus more of it. On and on... It's been this way ever since I started automated trading. I just can't find a way to stay off of it, and find other things to do. Unbelievable. Un****ing believable.

It will be exactly one month next Saturday. Let's try to resist until then. And if I'll make money in the next few days, it will be so much easier. This journal and all of you have helped me. Thanks. Thanks to the T2W forum as well, for choosing this very efficient software and settings. Thanks to vBulletin.

YouTube - The Godfather Part II - 14 - End Title (Nino Rota)

YouTube - The Godfather Part II - 03 - Kay (Nino Rota)

Nino Rota - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Watch The Godfather: Part II movie on LetMeWatchThis.com Free Online Movie and TV Downloads

Woke up and going to work soon. Last night as I was falling asleep I decided that I will need another month of work. During which hopefully risk capital will grow to at least 15k and that will allow me to breathe again. During which I will build another 5 to 10 systems, those on the opening gap. During which I will get used to not tampering, totalling two months without tampering. During which I will gather my fourth month of forward testing, which will be very useful.

What a waste of time shaving is. I hope one day I will only do it when I feel like it. At the moment I definitely have to shave before I go to work.

And now, off to work, to my beautiful room, with just one polite lady to put up with, and not an animal who plays his radio anymore. His radio days are over. That sonuvabitch. Burn in hell, Bickering.

Stupidity is...

... not thinking about the consequences of what you do. Selfishness and laziness in the wrong places, and with a disadvantageous cost to others/benefit to yourself ratio (that's a ratio that has to be considered, too). Stupidity is... bringing practically no benefit to yourself and a lot of damage to others.

I just spent half an hour trying to understand who sent some client's KYC documents and for whom they were meant exactly (here we're almost 100 people). Nothing was specified on the envelope. So I called up the person most likely to have sent it, the portfolio manager for that client, but he hadn't sent them. It turned out that the Corporate department had sent them (because the client was also linked to a supermarket, and the supermarket was a Corporate client), but they didn't want the portfolio manager to know, since he wasn't even aware of the KYC process (and he complained to them because they didn't let him know).

Now, this is what happens when you're dealing with stupid and lazy people (being lazy and sparing yourself work in the wrong places means in fact being stupid): the sender sent us an envelope, without indicating sender nor addressee (within 100 people working at Compliance), in order to save himself another 30 seconds of work, or maybe just because he's so stupid that he didn't think of it. At that point what am I supposed to do? I will have to find out whom I have to give the envelope to, and to find out that, I need to find out the sender first, and to do that, I have to ask a few people, and, in the process, people the sender didn't want to be aware of his letter will find out about it. And this is a serious problem for Compliance matters, that need to be kept as secret as possible.

So you, the sender, spared yourself 30 seconds of work, and as a consequence, you got 10 people involved, wasting a collective 60 minutes, informing the wrong people of what you were doing... we're all surrounded by such idiots, and we should make an effort to avoid them.

Last edited:
I can't wait to get home. They're wearing me out. Every time I get home the first daily miracle is that the power is on, and the computer is on. The second good thing is when I see that it's connected. The third good thing is that no programs froze and that the trades were placed regularly. Every day all these things happen, except when something fails. I can't remember of any unexpected power failures. I came home to find the connection wasn't working about twice in the past year. Excel bugs (due to my own programming mistakes) have happened less and less, but overall about 10 times in the past year. Overall, I would say that I'm expecting to have one problem of one type or another about once every month, which means 5% of the time. Of course, in the future and if I'll have a lot of money, some problems will be permanently solved. Power outages won't be an issue anymore (I'll buy a powerful UPS, that will last hours). Programming errors should cease unless I keep on adding more systems. Connection problems and broker failures (to send me data) cannot be ruled out. I would expect just one problem every 3 months in the distant future, starting about a year from now. By the time I have 50 systems, I should also stop creating any more of them.

It's all right. The cab driver took a longer course and he charged me 3 more dollars than usual. Sucks.

Anyway, I got home, and I checked for my daily miracles, and:

miracle #1 happened: no power outage
miracle #2: computer running and connected
miracle #3: no bugs and all programs running properly
miracle #4: making money, finally

First profitable day since early last week. Finally. But we'll see at the end of the day.

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 168
Looking great. If I were patient enough, I should just start trading on Wednesdays only. Right now (the attachment refers to a few minutes ago) I am actually making 800 for the day.

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 142
Just don't watch your PnL Fluctuations Travis;
Ofcourse they will cause emotions and therefore a reaction.

:) Unless you HAVE to (To make sure everything is running fine)

Yeah, good advice. But you should have read that I am slightly obsessive compulsive (self diagnosed). I can't stop checking it. Just like I can't stop posting. I can't relax.

Have you watched RocknRolla yet? Could take your mind off things for a while...

I can't watch things that I am advised to watch until the recommendation is fresh, otherwise I will feel forced and then I won't enjoy it. Also, if people tell me something is good, usually I am prejudiced and I think it's bad. So I'll have to wait a few months before I can watch it. For the same reason, I can't watch any movies that just came out (in the last 2 years) or that just won an Oscar. I will assume they suck. I always tell my cousin never to tell me to go watch a movie, and never to tell me a movie is good or bad. He can only talk to me about movies I've already seen. I believe you should watch a movie without knowing anything about it. No head titles, no title, no actors, nor director. Someone should start it for you into the first five minutes, and not tell you anything about it. They should invite you to their house "to watch a movie". If you ask what movie, they should reply "it's none of your business".

I am making more money now: 600. Making money also on all the other futures, those I am not trading for real.

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Here's something for you, and for myself as usual. About how my systems are structured. I didn't put all patterns together in one system. I put every single pattern I could find to be profitable in its own system, by itself, with its little edge. Putting all edges together doesn't work. You create an unreliable system, that trades rarely. Say it rains at night. I build a system that invests on that. Say it rains on weekends. I create another system on that. Say it rains in September: I create yet another system on that. I never create a system that only bets on raining during weekends nights in September, because that system would make money at most on just 8 days in a year. And on those 8 days it might never rain.

F. R. David - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
YouTube - F.R. DAVID - Words Don't Come Easy -

I don't like how my positions are evolving. Always 500 up, but the GBL is not giving me good signals at all. Besides, the GBP is overstretched and it won't last for the many hours it still has to stay open. But then again I might be wrong as usual. Almost a whole month without tampering. Gladiator asks why I don't just stop looking at my positions. Maybe the reasons I look at them, report them here, and write so much about them, is that I'm trying to keep myself busy so I don't tamper. If you told me don't do anything at all, sooner or later I will relapse. If instead I can at least act like a sports commentator, then I can be happy with that.

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 154
Status
Not open for further replies.