my journal 3

This morning I placed LMT orders in about one third of the 19 futures I am monitoring:

forex 6
equities 3
bonds 2
agricultural 3
metals 3
energies 2

I don't want to miss a trade like yesterday on the NG, which I later recovered and made 500 dollars with.

hate for minorities: always unjustified but different causes

Today in the shower I was thinking about this. Hate/prejudice/intolerance/racism is directly proportional to either 1) a lack of thinking or 2) abuse by a given group you're hating.

In other words, if you've never suffered anything by gays or black or jews and you hate them, then you qualify as a moron (or an immature person, who hasn't done a lot of thinking) and you're not entitled to your feeling.

However, if your family has been exterminated by a group of gays, blacks or jews (or whatever other group you hate), then your hate for the group is just as unreasonable as that of the moron, but you're more entitled to it, as it has other origins, and it should be approached differently.

Of the two cases, I think the moron is easier to cure, by exposing the moron to blacks/jews/gays so he realizes that he's mistaken about his prejudice.

I mean, palestinians hating israelis or jews is one thing (the cause is abuse). Joe Six Pack in the USA hating jews (or muslims) is another (the cause is stupidity). They're both wrong, but they're completely different feelings/people and have to be approached differently.

In the case of Palestinians and Jews in Israel/Palestine, the feeling of hate must be similar to the feeling of fear. In the case of Joe Six Pack it's more related to sadism.

In this sense, they have to be cured differently. You show the Palestinian that he has no reason to fear all Jews/Israelis (if that's the case, otherwise it'll get him killed). And you show Joe Six Pack what it feels like to be object of unfair discrimination and hate (maybe that'll do it, or maybe more is needed).

things2do

Last edited:
The combination of time-frames, even when you're trading intuitively, adds an edge to your trades.

My type of trading is top/bottom picking, so I look for situations that are extremely overbought/oversold.

I first look at the daily time-frame and if it looks overstretched then I look at the intraday (hourly). And if that looks overstretched in the same direction (both charts have to be either overbought or oversold), then the trade should be made.

For example, wheat here looks almost oversold on the daily:

daily.png

And it looks almost oversold on the intraday, but still not enough to be traded:

intraday.png

Another ten points down, and I could place a trade.

things2do way2go

Last edited:
Ok, time to get an update from the syrians:

Syria Homs/Aleppo Clashes - December 2012 - YouTube

dining mujahideen:

You know, it's really a fine balance to rule a country, and the US has found a way to destroy that balance, and now there's nothing better to replace the previous balance. So the US gave them death in return for... its own benefit. With the objective of weakening the non-servant/non-allied countries.

burying the dead:

SNN | Syria | Idlib | Mourning FSA Fighters | Dec 18, 2012 | 18+ ONLY - YouTube

energy crisis:

SNN | Syria | Damascus Rural | Fuel Crisis | Dec 18, 2012 - YouTube

From the other side of the fence, the Syrian Arab Army:

AbuKamal | Deir ez-Zor | Leaked: Regime Forces Shoot at Civilians - YouTube

And I will end with the usual song for the jihadist martyrs:

just watching two minutes of the video above is enough to wipe out 11 years of "war on terror" brainwashing from CNN and the rest of the corrupt media.

People who are giving their life for their faith and for justice, and they're getting slaughtered by other people who have it easy, and who are fighting to have even more comfort, at their expense.

Only guy available for heading such shameful, dishonest, and despicable policies, this guy:

Catapult The Propaganda - YouTube

But you see, he's the son of america. He's got those idiots behind him clapping, and other idiots voting for him, and other idiots in the media, and other dishonest people in the media and everywhere... basically he's not the only despicable person, in a world that is mostly populated with stupid and/or dishonest people. Fine with being a little stupid, a little ignorant, and a little selfish. But here, when we compare those guys dying with the US government and media, we see people who are overly stupid/ignorant/selfish.

You can't trade the lives of millions in the middle east, with some extra comfort, with some extra boats, cars, jewelry. If you do that, you're too dishonest or too stupid.

Connecticut Shootings What No One Dares Say - YouTube

And it's not just the US. I see idiots every day at work and everywhere I go.

Last edited:
Last edited:
After so much drawdown, unscathed, with my capital still intact at over 15k (thanks to discretionary trading), I am now waiting for some "draw-up", which, according to the past last for months, after every 3-weeks drawdown cycle. According to the pattern, after a 5k drawdown, I have a drawup of about 30k on average, uninterrupted (over the course of several weeks).

The chosen systems are chosen because they happened to be the best in the past, so they won't perform as well, and besides maybe my systems in the long run are showing a decline in profitability - as pointed out by a reader in a private message. Nonetheless, according to my corrected estimates, out of those 30k I am dreaming, I should definitely get at least 15k.

Other than this, today I'll do some discretionary trading on NQ, with the martingale method. This doesn't sound that right, but it's amazing how well that method works at certain times. For example, at 8 to 9 AM Central Time, there's very frequent zigzagging on the NQ. You pick one turn, and if you don't make money, you double up at the next turn.

Of course should you happen to do this on September 11th, 2001, then you'd blow out your account, so I am keeping it in mind.

... keeping it in mind, and probably today I won't trade the martingale method precisely because of what I just said.

This doesn't apply to situations like when CL was at 35, close to zero, and obviously it can't go below zero, so you can actually apply the martingale method with absolute certainty that it will work, because you have enough capital to double up all the way to zero.

Last edited:
Good opportunity on wheat at 815. I am going long and staying until 836.

Nope, awful decision. It fell all the way to 800.

Last edited:
things2do

OK, officially not going to worry any longer about people massively using my systems, because this one confirms it's not likely to be the case:

esigchartspon.png

No dip when my systems exit.

I am very sad about my wheat trade, that caused me to lose about 1500 dollars yesterday and today. Now I am totally flat on wheat, and everything else.

But there is a good thing about all this. Wheat could be going down much further, and I went from having 3 contracts to zero contracts. This means I haven't gambled, and haven't acted according to my usual habit of keeping a losing trade open. I took a huge loss, but I didn't keep it open. This is an important change for me. An improvement. My biggest problem, that kept me from being profitable, has always been my inability to close losing trades. Now, I am still capable of making profitable trades, but if accidents happen like this time, they don't wipe out my account. So, instead of mourning, I should be celebrating. Celebrating that another me would have blown out the account, but the new me can take a loss instead. A big big change. Like pressing CTRL+SHIFT+C on google chrome.

I could sense this change coming, when:
1) I realized that I was profitable, that I could make plenty of profitable trades (about two weeks ago)
2) In the past month, increasingly, I noticed I was able to exit trades with small losses, like 20 dollars, 50 dollars, or 200 dollars. I noticed that it didn't hurt because I knew I could make it back. Also, I started rewarding myself, mentally, for taking small losses when necessary, instead of feeling a sense of guilt, which was my previous habit.

Let's even acknowledge that I ought to feel "proud" of taking a big loss, and, instead of feeling regret for having made that trade, I should focus on thanking myself for avoiding a complete disaster. I need to reinforce this good habit.

Last edited:
In case you're interested, after CNN's brainwashing, in the Syrian government opinion:

Syria News 20.12.2012, Putin: Syrians Are to Determine Their Future - YouTube

This is the right channel.

Excellent interview here below, more truth in it than from a lifetime of watching CNN:

Bashar Assad Interview July 5th 2012 with Subtitles - YouTube

Damn, man. It feels revolutionary to simply hear an interview with this man. On the mainstream media, you don't even get a chance to hear him. You only get to hear the angry CNN "journalist" describe him as evil.

Seeing a Syrian chemical weapons plant - YouTube

"lurk", "chemical weapons...", propagandistic whore, arwa damon...

Arwa Damon on Syria - YouTube

"israel, our number one allied... in the middle east": oh, that's what it's all about. Or, wait...

Arwa Damon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Damon graduated from Robert College in Istanbul, Turkey, with honors in 1994, where her father, Dr. George H. Damon, was a teacher and middle school director from 1988 to 1998. An American, her father went from there to Isıkkent School in Izmir, and is presently headmaster of the American Community School at Beirut. Damon's mother, Joumana, is Syrian and grew up in Damascus.[1] She is the granddaughter of Muhsin al-Barazi, the former prime minister of Syria who was executed in the 1949 military coup.

Sami al-Hinnawi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Colonel Sami Hilmy al-Hinnawi (1898 – October 31, 1950) (Arabic: محمد سامي حلمي الحناوي‎) was a Syrian politician and military man. He was born in Aleppo and had served in the Ottoman army before serving in the French-Syrian army during the French Mandate of Syria.

Col. al-Hinnawi overthrew the military rule of Syrian President Husni al-Za'im in August 1949. After the coup, he swiftly ordered al-Za'im and Prime Minister Muhsin al-Barazi to be brought to Mezze prison in Damascus, where both were executed in front of Muhsin al-Barazi's son.

No wonder she's so involved and biased, given that her grandfather was assassinated by one of these dictators. And CNN... wants them like this. They don't want them objective, so they either have to be natural born biased or act like it. This one is probably biased-in good faith. Other "journalists" are biased-acting it.

Arwa Damon glimpses Syria - YouTube

Yep. Pretty biased channel. Oh, and this was over a year ago.

WHAT IS GOING ON IN SYRIA? - YouTube

Yeah, usual bull****, weapons of mass destruction style. And Michael Moore is probably an agent of the US government, he's always playing the anti-government hero, and then he didn't even acknowledge that 911 was an inside job. Most likely an agent, for an agenda of fake/controlled opposition.

Last edited:
Yeah, these guys (the "rebels"/"terrorists") are really ready to die:

It reminds me of the indians vs. the americans (at least from the movies I saw). A lot of yelling, a lot of courage, some primitive rifles, and then they got slaughtered of course. These islamic rebels are the same who have been fighting americans in Iraq. Fake enemies, like mosquitoes to the US. And now they're being encouraged, by the US itself, to overthrow syria, so the US can have another puppet government or even no government at all. As long as it's not a government that opposes them, they're ok with it.

Last edited: