Message For Ftse Traders......

Gone long at 4192.3 stop at 4183.1

I have already lost 3 of these trying to pick the reversal but I feel this is a geniune shot, was too hasty with the others. Hitting the trend line, and RSI getting oversold.

If this gets blown out there is potentially a long way down.

Anyone got any thoughs on options and how they relate to ftse resistance. I presume if we are approaching a dense patch of options strike prices there is going to be resistance. Anyone have any thoughts or links on this?

Stopped out :/

Frustrating morning, I have repeatadly tried to pick a bottom which I KNOW is a dangerous strategy and my overplan is largely to buy/sell pullbacks but I havent done it and have been punished for it. Looking back over the last hour or so I can see all the opportunities I should have been all over on the way down, but instead have been trying to go long trying to catch the long, which I think is coming.

It is the toughest part of trading, waiting for a clearer signal and having to use a wider stop and potentially losing more or trying to get in early and getting a smaller stop to the same level, but you will miss it more often.

Net: -23

Last edited:
Stopped out :/

Frustrating morning, I have repeatadly tried to pick a bottom which I KNOW is a dangerous strategy and my overplan is largely to buy/sell pullbacks but I havent done it and have been punished for it. Looking back over the last hour or so I can see all the opportunities I should have been all over on the way down, but instead have been trying to go long trying to catch the long, which I am sure is coming.

It is the toughest part of trading, waiting for a clearer signal and having to use a wider stop and potentially losing more or trying to get in early and getting a smaller stop to the same level, but you will miss it more often.

I'm working on largely the same plan. Use signals and resistance to pick a bottom/top then trade the reversal and get out quick. Its easier in gold I'm finding. I see this as a preliminary strategy until I get the knack of trading trends.

Ok this is my strategy guys and girls if there are any on this thread.......very male dominated isn't it especially when the mums tend to be at home!!

anyway,

I still have a long Dow & S&P opened in the morning and i have amended stop loss to break even now.....

Long DAX 4400.......stop loss 4380!! target 4465 ......R1 pivot!!
as its hugging 20 day EMA and staying above, 2 day 15 min chart for those interested!!

Now if the trades above go pear shaped then i will imeediately open up a short position on FTSE to hedge myself against the DAX as FTSE looking weaker than the rest at present........!!

over and out, got to get back to work or my manager will be complaining

Stopped out - benefit of hindsight a 20 point stop would have been much better. Anyway back in again at 4182.3 with a 20 point stop, same target as before....
KJ

Stopped out - benefit of hindsight a 20 point stop would have been much better. Anyway back in again at 4182.3 with a 20 point stop, same target as before....
KJ

let the games begin................

important times

1:15pm US ADP Non-Farm Employment Change
1:30pm US Unemployment Claims
3:00pm US ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI
3:30pm US Crude Oil Inventories - important for gold and oil
Tentative US FOMC Member Pianalto Speaks - waste of time

Ok this is my strategy guys and girls if there are any on this thread.......very male dominated isn't it especially when the mums tend to be at home!!

anyway,

I still have a long Dow & S&P opened in the morning and i have amended stop loss to break even now.....

Long DAX 4400.......stop loss 4380!! target 4465 ......R1 pivot!!
as its hugging 20 day EMA and staying above, 2 day 15 min chart for those interested!!

Now if the trades above go pear shaped then i will imeediately open up a short position on FTSE to hedge myself against the DAX as FTSE looking weaker than the rest at present........!!

over and out, got to get back to work or my manager will be complaining

amend stop loss on DAX to break even so we take the risk out of the game totally now......

no need to hedge but will definitely short FTSE as the weakest index out the 3 the.....

nice jump on Dow as well......

amend stop loss on DAX to break even so we take the risk out of the game totally now......

no need to hedge but will definitely short FTSE as the weakest index out the 3 the.....

nice jump on Dow as well......

trailing stop loss on DAX 4410 ......

7 minutes to go......lets see what happens?

any views?

KJ

Moving stop up to breakeven in advance of US figures......

KJ

unlucky there mate but long on FTSE looks good .......the index looks weak but if Dow & DAx rallies they should lift it up!!

i will be shorting the index later though!!

unlucky there mate but long on FTSE looks good .......the index looks weak but if Dow & DAx rallies they should lift it up!!

i will be shorting the index later though!!

Bit frustrating but back in. I have a nasty feeling I'm about to get stopped out again though!!!

yeehaaa............the yanks are doing better in employment!!

up up and away!!

trailing stops on both indexes.....im off out to hospital...speak to you later

email me and keep me updated guys

[email protected]

4190 sell...........

good luck to you dude!!

but the market has absolutely caught fire

told you people.......................WoW!!!