Message For Ftse Traders......

phew.

..good job I rang my broker and closed my position while waiting for my sisters to come out of school DAX(as showing weakness) for 20 points profit and amended FTSe to break even!!...

stopped out on FTSE break even

this just shows you can only trade full time .......

Arrrr.........nightmare!!

FTSe was showing a profit before i left .....

so home sales cam out better than expected..........

hmmm....im neutral/bearish again!! waiting for FTSe to tank below 4100 before going short and same with dax below 4300

4128 is an important figure people............

above that we go long
below that we go short but need 20 point+ confirmation either side before doing so ?

peace

12pm trade on the FTSE

wallstreet,

thanks for your heads-up for short on dax, grabbed a quick 20 pts:clap:

Hello Bertie

The 12pm trade would have blown out three times already this afternoon so I think I am with you in not looking to it as my major strategy although if I need to be away from the screen for a day still may use it.

How are you set at the moment?

Hi Wallstreet,
So how come S1 at 4128? I've played around with different chart settings and can't seem to get there.
Cheers
KJ

Kitejedi, try adjusting the trading hours displayed on your charts if you can. I have R1 @ 141, as I choose to display all 24 hours of trading. If you just show 8.00 - 16.30, you should get the same as Wallstreet I think.

Ollie

FTSe may see resistance at 200 day EMA at 4150, waiting for candlestick to break that before i go long!!

Last edited:
I'm looking at FTSE Daily cash on IG.......

Go to Options on the IG charts menu, select 'Set Time Zone and Trading Hours', then select UK Indices, and enter appropriate times.

HTH

Last edited:
Got to Options on the IC charts menu, select 'Set Time Zone and Trading Hours', the select UK Indices, and enter appropriate times.

HTH

Thanks for that. I tried it earlier as I thought that might be the case but it didn't work. I've now had a look again and, if I change the formula to /4 it gets S1 to 4128 :)

Wallstreet,

Have plotted 200ema on hourly chart and it is at 4150 - is this the level you are watching for resistance?

Sorry kitjedi...........busy checking my positions and had to drop off sisters at hospital to see wife!!

I had to go long on FTSE to hedge my self straight away as DAx position was close to getting stopped out!! I have come back to find Dax got stopped out and lost 25 points on Dax and my FTSE posotion is now in profit of 25 points of which i am going to take soon ....trailing stop loss put in ...just goes to show its good to hedge yourself now and again when market moves against you!!

I honestly don't know where that spike came from!! but as soon as FTSE broke the 200 day EMA i was supposed to go long anyway but it made sense to have a hedge agains DAx as it spiked from nowhere......

i am still bearish on this market regardless!!

I have opened a short position on DOW @ 7982 stop loss 8020! target.....7950 - 7900

I trade CFD's because all i hear is complaints about spreadbetting......i use CMC markets, free commision but they make money on spreads but hey i dont mind, you only start blaming the spreads if you are trading/analysing wrong!!

i am looking at 1 week 1hr time frame.........and the pivot points are
R1 - 4128
R2 - 4162

here is another website where you can find pivots

http://www.livecharts.co.uk/pivot_points/pivot_points.php?symbol=^FTSE

yes people .........

short Dow 7982 ...stop loss 8020 !! target 7950 - 7900 and below.......depending on mood!!

Dax stop loss triggered ...........lost 25 points from that crazy buy order!!
But hedged my self against when near to stop loss and made 20 points as trailing sto ploss triggered!!

overall lost 5 points which isn't bad.......FTse/Dax are good hedges for one another so remember if you feel like your trade is going pear shaped go long/short on the other index to protect against losses!!