Message For Ftse Traders......

Do you think the fall from 4520 is a short pull back or a reversal for days/weeks? (apparently today is a turn date)

Do you have a target for downside?

4000 is obviously a healthy option if we have topped. 50% retrace.

i havent looked yet so as soon as i do it will go up on my blog.

where did you get the turn date?

morning chaps, thoughts on where the FTSE is going today ? looking for 4500 to go, and then on from there..

I feel that the stress tests were kind of well received/in line.. so the market will look to recover some losses from the afternoon session yesterday. It did hit 4450, then 4475.. should have taken the £100 profit, but I was looking for that 4500 level, got greedy and have watched it fall ever since it hit 4475

Watching this lot, I have had time to mess about with the charts and have found that I can get three charts on the screen, of Footsie, and can put a different TF on each. I had not realised that that could be done.

I feel that the stress tests were kind of well received/in line.. so the market will look to recover some losses from the afternoon session yesterday. It did hit 4450, then 4475.. should have taken the £100 profit, but I was looking for that 4500 level, got greedy and have watched it fall ever since it hit 4475

I kind of agree though I think it will be far less volatile than yesterday, I am looking for a slow climb to 4500 having said that just got stopped out on a long when it went below 4430 just after nine, looking to see a bit more of an up trend than I shall go long again.

:sleep:

Yup, I guess everything is waiting for the various announcements in 30 mins

I still think we will crawl upto 4500 assuming no bad news, anyone know what news is due out, is it 13:30 OR 12:30?

I went long at about 4450 and am nicley in profit and now have that horrible close close close demon on my shoulder even though I am sure it will goto 4500 i have raised my stop to a small profit but still keep looking at the profit now, aahhhhhhhh

I went long at about 4450 and am nicley in profit and now have that horrible close close close demon on my shoulder even though I am sure it will goto 4500 i have raised my stop to a small profit but still keep looking at the profit now, aahhhhhhhh

Stick with your plan - you need to instil the confidence of having called correctly and followed it through, in my opinion. So if the plan is that 4500 as a target, hol til then as long as nothing arises to change your mind - and nerves don't count as a reason!

You have profit locked in, so well done, now see it through!

Everyone's different of course, I'd have bottled it by now so I'm just giving you an outside opinion from the comfort of my (-8 for the day) armchair.

thanks for the support, I am still in and gradually moving my stop up, I think I will pull it right in as close as I can( 6 points on capital spreads I think) just prior to the news at 13:30 and remove my stop profit and watch it like a hawk. fingers crossed