Message For Ftse Traders......

I did not realise that Barça would make such an impact on the London marlet this morning. It means that Manchester will lose the Champions, now. :D

0846 Short FT rolling 4458.3

lapalabra, I anticipated this one. I just could not resist! Let's see what happens next

Split, I am confused.

Everything points to this pullback as an entry point for a long, not as a shorting opportunity - you are flying in the face of a trend on every timeframe, something you told me never to do.

I had exited my long already from 8.05am for +22, and used the pullback to the 24 as a re-entry @ 4446 and closed for +10.

I am only buying pullbacks as this trend is clear and strong - I don't understand the short?

You are quite right and I am wrong. Don't change or we'll both be in a pickle. Actually, I anticipated an overbought position and got out by the skin of my teeth.

You are quite right and I am wrong. Don't change or we'll both be in a pickle. Actually, I anticipated an overbought position and got out by the skin of my teeth.

OK- was just confused as I am supposed to be the impulsive ill-disciplined one in this relationship!

And I see what you mean by overbought now, yes

I "thought" I'd get clever and short ahead of the coming xover that did not happen. No harm done except that I am not in the happy position that you are enjoying.

Now, I'm waiting for the xover on the sidelines.

I "thought" I'd get clever and short ahead of the coming xover that did not happen. No harm done except that I am not in the happy position that you are enjoying.

Now, I'm waiting for the xover on the sidelines.

OK no harm done, thats the important thing.

Not waiting for xovers- that happened at 8am this morning, the trend is clear now I think....at least for now I should say!

Missed the last pullback @ 9.30, but the 11 Dec/Jan 4 highs of 4460 is providing a nice support to this....if that is confirmed I'll go long from there with a target of the big bad 4520.

OK no harm done, thats the important thing.

Not waiting for xovers- that happened at 8am this morning, the trend is clear now I think....at least for now I should say!

Missed the last pullback @ 9.30, but the 11 Dec/Jan 4 highs of 4460 is providing a nice support to this....if that is confirmed I'll go long from there with a target of the big bad 4520.

4467 was the best I could get - bailed out before 4520 @ 4488 (pivot R1) for +21.

Really should have ridden this one all the way, its clearly got 4520 in its sights...

Ah well...

4467 was the best I could get - bailed out before 4520 @ 4488 (pivot R1) for +21.

Really should have ridden this one all the way, its clearly got 4520 in its sights...

Ah well...

What the hell has got into me to-day, then? :mad::mad:

Just about scraped a profit. I think I'd better sign off.

Very pleased for you, Chris, and will be back in the morning.

Split

What the hell has got into me to-day, then? :mad::mad:

Just about scraped a profit. I think I'd better sign off.

Very pleased for you, Chris, and will be back in the morning.

Split

Hey, I deserved a good day after the last couple of days!

You finished in the black - all good.

See you in the morn.

Hi guys whats the general view here are most people short or ridding the trend short from today and expecting a sell off but will it ever come!

Hi guys whats the general view here are most people short or ridding the trend short from today and expecting a sell off but will it ever come!

My view is that i don't have a view (Oxymoron) and rather i wait for a setup to appear and trade it.

the BofE left rates on hold.. ECB rates go down as expected, do we expect the FTSE to go down?

I'm waiting until tomorrow to see how it starts. Today. for me, is done, now.