Message For Ftse Traders......

it never ceases to amaze me the low of the day on GFT is 3972.3 on the third bar of the day (5 min chart). if your low was 3978 thats a 6 point ish diff.

I cant open opposite trades either. it closes the othrer trade. I know there is a provider out there that does allow you to do it but can't remember who. it might be futuresbetting.com

3976 was my low of the day, I opened long @ 3980

That is still just too much of a difference - or is it? Seems that way, but is it swings and roundabouts or consistent on different markets and times?

I will have a look at GFT.

LOL, I know what you mean....its the waiting and waiting, feels like the trenches

FTSE really respects that 3980 historically

Whats the state of play for you today Keith?

+44 3 trades in total 1 b/e, 2 winners.
how are you doin

Are you guys still up to your tricks?

You know what I'm doing, don't you? :)

You must be sitting pretty pretty pretty!

I caught none of this recent down - whole computer froze up and just come back to this carnage

Scalping the 3960 resistance as per usual, but missed the big down...

Ooooh drinks on Split methinks!

the week so far

yesterday 3 trades all winners for +41 although I didn't post , I was trading with a newbie.

so im +85 for the week.

That's fantastic Keith!

Not the points, the fact you kept it down to 3 trades only and made it 100% success rate :)

ok have one more trade went short at 3985.5
currently up+19

prey do tell what are you doin split.

closed at 3965.3 + 20.2 week +105
that really is me done for the trade. I dont need to trade tomorrow when everyone is tryong to work out what the hell the budget means to everyone, but if the right circumstances arise......... and i have built in some play money

ok have one more trade went short at 3985.5
currently up+19

prey do tell what are you doin split.

Keith, you do not need to know. You are doing fine and getting involved with my stuff, (which is simple, really) will only distract you from your own method.

It is simple trend following. I have no clear signal for my exits, though. Just take it when it looks enough.

At present, I am still in, but when I do get out, that will be it for the morning as I believe that near lunchtime until Dow opening is full of whipsaws and am not good at dealing with them.

Good trading and I'm off until the morning.

Split

Weather's nice so its off to the park, Im +22 for the day and thats enough for now, more than happy after a horrible start.

We all made something out of today, great :)

'til tomorrow...

Weather's nice so its off to the park, Im +22 for the day and thats enough for now, more than happy after a horrible start.

We all made something out of today, great :)

'til tomorrow...

budget day huh, my intenion is not to trade live at all today, if i do it will only be upto 1 hour before the speech. As the day moves on i expect a number of rumours to circulate which could manipulate the market. so be careful chaps and dont get caught out.

Last edited:
budget day huh, my intenion is not to trade live at all today, if i do it will only be upto 1 hour before the speech. As the day moves on i expect a number of rumours to circulate which could manipulate the market. so be careful chaps and dont get caught out.

Yeah i intend to do the same... In a trade now, hopefuly out for +42 before 9.30 :smart: and done for the day ^^

-Halo

interesting held a position overnight did you?

Nope, my trendline, which isn't the best, there are so many variants and possibly broken out down... I placed a long order on my trendline at 3965 and my target is a resistance level at 4004 ...

Its now been hit ^^
39 pips

Bye guys

Nope, my trendline, which isn't the best, there are so many variants and possibly broken out down... I placed a long order on my trendline at 3965 and my target is a resistance level at 4004 ...

Its now been hit ^^
39 pips

Bye guys

nice one ;):clap::cheesy:

Its now been hit ^^
39 pips

Bye guys

Nice work Halo!

never hit my 3962 trendline, so didn't enter my long...if only 3 points more, but them is the rules...taking no risks with today as per Keith's warnings

Sit back now and enjoy the day!

Hey; I've just been looking through my FTSE100 trade journal (graphs/details) and it arose a few questions... I thought you guys may be able to help as seasonal Ftse traders ^^

1. I haven't made up my mind as to whether enter on the actual support and resistance/Fibonacci/Trendlines or to wait for a high test bar touching them... Whats your experiences in this? Do you just enter or do you wait for certain formations at the S/R
2. I've noticed that the 7am breakout often goes about 30 pips one way and then the rest of the day is spent heading in the opposite direction (I haven't been trading long so i don't know if this is recurring?)
3. I know how to play bounces pretty well, but i'm a bit confused about breakouts, whats the best way to go about playing breakouts on the FTSE100, i notice quite a few fake ones and i'm not sure which lines are significant enough to call a 'breakout'
4. Do you guys trade just using Pivot levels, Fibonacci, Support and resistance and trade the bounces and stuff or other methods, because i find that when the FTSE100 5-minute/hourly starts trending down for say 4-hours, i always miss the big move due to not having a reason to enter...

Thanks for any help, appreciate ^^

-Halo