Message For Ftse Traders......

Good news, I took my own advice and shorted below 485
Bad news, I got out probably too early at ~455

Burn markets burn... FTSE and US has claimed 75% of my portfolio this week, one of the worst trading weeks in my history

short again on break of 440.

Love these days, ride it on the way up, ride it on the way down.

Ben
PS UK-T, glad your back in the black.

Anybody keen to predict an intraday low?

Current bounce looks like oversold more than anything else.

Anybody keen to predict an intraday low?

Current bounce looks like oversold more than anything else.

Even I think it's oversold right now, for the day. Retrace to 4475, and wobble indecisively around it.

Edit: 4475 on the index, so about 4445 on the future.

Last edited:
Even I think it's oversold right now, for the day. Retrace to 4475, and wobble indecisively around it.

I'm now happy to take 20 points on this final short, nothing to do with maintaining my winning run, I'm too clever to fall into psychological traps like that :)

I'm still thinking 450 area is a hard nut to crack.

Ben

(At least you are earning money from the day job)

I'm now happy to take 20 points on this final short, nothing to do with maintaining my winning run, I'm too clever to fall into psychological traps like that :)

That's it, done for the day unless something spectatcular happens.

Good luck to those still with the energy left (250 pips peak to trough on EURUSD pummeled my remaining brain cell).

Ben

I'm still thinking 450 area is a hard nut to crack.

Ben

(At least you are earning money from the day job)

Gave up and closed out at £10 down. Naturally, it's now trading at £35 up, £75 up on the far side of the spread. Really glad for the day job. Thinking I'm going to give up on the serious trading stuff, go back to spread betting. I was making good money there, but don't have the nerve for the minimum trades on a proper brokerage.

Gave up and closed out at £10 down. Naturally, it's now trading at £35 up, £75 up on the far side of the spread. Really glad for the day job. Thinking I'm going to give up on the serious trading stuff, go back to spread betting. I was making good money there, but don't have the nerve for the minimum trades on a proper brokerage.

I really don't get the anti-SB sentiment that is out there (but lets not start that debate again!). It's not perfect for the indices but for FX I don't see any real differences.

If you factor in the flexibility in trade size then unless you are looking to make v.big money then it makes a lot of sense for a lot of people.

I'm putting up nest-boxes in the garden, couldn't do that with a 9-5.

Ben

a slightly different veiw of ftse 100
a daily candlestick with ichimoku lines.price is in the cloud trying to break upwards

Attachments

• ichi.ftse.png
    ichi.ftse.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 117
a move to an intraday chart.hourly data.20 point box size.hilo data.3 box reversal
i have put on a light blue dotted line at approx 4400.price ha broken above 4400,but on the retrace has never stayed above the line.ince oct 8th.ie the down/red columns have never stayed above 4400 after the beakthrough.however,the last thrust/upwards did.we have now retrced to the blue line which is proving to be a major support level.now lets see if it will hold it.the trendline is still upwards from the 20 dec and has not been broken.a break below 4200 will nullify this.ie a break below 4200 with the retrace below 4200.;we watch for a confirmation of either move.we are in no mans land now

Attachments

• break.png
    break.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 128
looking for clues to the next moves,possibly from the dow.the daily ichimoku is showing tha it is lagging the fts in the upmove.price has just entered the cloud

Attachments

• dowichi.png
    dowichi.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 118
possible clues on the p/f chart.price is about to break a downtrend line
however,you can see how difficult it would have been to trade from the daily chart.from oct 08.price has moved in a wide range without clear direction
no real clue from the vertical counts
box size is 1.2%.these re log box sizes3 box reversal.daily hilo data.
do we break the trendline or go back into trendless chop.?

Attachments

• dow.pf.png
    dow.pf.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 126
conclusions from the charts posted
1.the santa claus rally is starting to turn nasty.a break below 4200 area would confirm this
2.the market breadth / bullish percent chart i posted yesterday was showing that the ftse 100 was temporarily overbought on its latest bull run
anybody got any ideas.?

Last edited:
im brain dead now my friend..............I bought FTSE just before close at 9pm 4430 as 2 day support!!

hoping to see an opening gap on monday to close position.........

dow is underperforming the ftse100 on a relative basis.in fact the index is moving downwards faster than the fte100.could be a lag or the dow is being more bearish .lets see what happens next

Attachments

• dowrel.png
    dowrel.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 115
okay whos gonna own up to taking lessons from Kerviel and is down averaging a large bullish position on the ftse :p

im stuck long at 2 day support at 4430!!

hoping for a gap up and close immediately........stop loss at 4400!!