Message For Ftse Traders......

.. and out at xx52, which won't pay the mortgage.

Drinking tea until NFPs...

Still, a profit is a profit :)

Not a clue about 11:20. Possibly a whole bunch of people thought they saw a confirmed downtrend all at once?

Going to wander off, the day job needs my full attention today. I'll be back Monday, good luck!

Still, a profit is a profit :)

Not a clue about 11:20. Possibly a whole bunch of people thought they saw a confirmed downtrend all at once?

Going to wander off, the day job needs my full attention today. I'll be back Monday, good luck!

Lots of markets moved at once, EUR/USD lost nearly 25 pips in a blink. I got out (too?) early because it unnerved me a bit.

Good luck with the day job (which is presumably hiring an assassin for Bill Gates).

Remember guys, the market always ends up higher when the payrolls number is bad. Just look at last month's -533K fall, market ended up rallying by the end of the day

i would tend to agree with this, expecting a bad nfp number, big drop then will be looking to go long.

Lots of markets moved at once, EUR/USD lost nearly 25 pips in a blink. I got out (too?) early because it unnerved me a bit.

Good luck with the day job (which is presumably hiring an assassin for Bill Gates).

Hiring? I'm much more a hands on kinda guy... This whole keeping away thing isn't working out too well for me, is it...

Missed the EUR/USD jump. Probably am being far too focused on just the FTSE 100 right now. NFD and jumping... I think as with any news it depends where it is, in relation to where the market expects it to be. If people have been panicking that everyone's going to unemployed, and only 50% of people are unemployed, suddenly things look great.

anyone looking to sell into this rally on the FTSE 100 on the back of this payrolls number. unemployment rate 7.2%, not exactly good news. I reckon the market will end the day lower

Nasty jump up on that news, whats the general consensus of market direction today? I have a feeling it will continue up for a shortened period given the anticipated job figure was lower, then again the employment rate may lower the mood

I am rubbish post-news but long ~470 support with a stop below ~460 support. Already looking shaky.

Ben

Im short for now... hoping investors will be fearful of the unemployment rate figures for market open.

I wouldn't be upset if I was short around 4,500 (but not my kind of trade).

It could be worse, you could be drinking syrup-flavoured cofee :)

Ben

It's nice syrup! I've started on the toasted marshmallow flavour, which is fantastic...

Seeing the market dip down again, which is a relief...

May the god's of unadulterated espresso frown upon you.

That's not a dip, that's a retracement before the second leg :) (If it holds below ~485 you may be OK, in my often wrong opinion).

Ben

Just got this from my broker:

"<exchange> is unavailable for stocks beginning with the letter N"

Seriously, how does that happen?

Still a retracement, or are we in full on taramosalata yet?

Note to self... Dont change your direction if you think its going down and your already short :(

A bad day for the bank account...

Note to self... Dont change your direction if you think its going down and your already short :(

A bad day for the bank account...

From this distance I can say... It's only an expensive lesson if you don't learn it.

If I was sat at a desk next to you I would shut the **** up.

Ben