Message For Ftse Traders......

New to this board. Can I post my trades here with you guys ? Don't laugh too hard if I lose you look like pro's ! Me, I've only been doing this 10 weeks !

New to this board. Can I post my trades here with you guys ? Don't laugh too hard if I lose you look like pro's ! Me, I've only been doing this 10 weeks !

Been doing this a few weeks also mate, so don't worry! Click on the clock top right for time settings.

Oh and welcome!

Go for it!

Welcome Mr. FT Scalper.

Blimey, this thread becomes more popular by the day I think :) What's the T2W record for the longest thread I wonder!

Sure, I don't think it's that scientific and open to be picked apart!

3835 was the earlier low on the day, and 3840 crops up a lot in my recent analysis. I figured we may see a bounce if others saw it as significant and hence some short profits are taken or others also buy in.

My rationale was quite similar on the short at 3880ish.

Basically I was playing the range. I have taken quite a few points from this recently.

With both of them I would (and could!!) have taken 20 points. Damn my patience and PC!!

Jim

Thanks JS, that makes sense.

I was just curious, because both calls aligned almost perfectly with my trend lines/channels, that I had drawn from yesterday. So, I just wondered if you were working in a similar way.

Ollie

Thanks JS, that makes sense.

I was just curious, because both calls aligned almost perfectly with my trend lines/channels, that I had drawn from yesterday. So, I just wondered if you were working in a similar way.

Ollie

I look at price action and don't get too caught up in drawing lines on charts etc - I keep it mental (the lines that is not me!)

Took a short at 3870 following a hopeful bounce off 3875....sl 3890

Hi there,
Do you have a stop loss and profit target?
KJ

erm, I get out when it looks wrong and get out if it's about to turn. In terms of a target no not really. I'm new to this so will worry about targets as I get further down the road. For the moment I just want to get the direction right ! Sorry I'm not more specific.

I look at price action and don't get too caught up in drawing lines on charts etc - I keep it mental (the lines that is not me!)

Took a short at 3870 following a hopeful bounce off 3875....sl 3890

What price action are you using Jock ? Do you use indicators ?

What price action are you using Jock ? Do you use indicators ?

I tend to use 3 EMAs - 20, 50 and 200. Obviously it is all historic but gives me a good feel for general directional movement. I always have 1m, 10m and 1hr charts open. I focus more on 1m when in a trade.

I have looked at stochasticsbut I tend to find these misleading.

Any suggestions welcomed for good indicators as I'm still experimenting.

I think I am starting to favour the long side for today... not specifically right this minute, but maybe sometime this afternoon.

Does anybody agree? Shoot me down if this crazy talk, I can take it!

I think I am starting to favour the long side for today... not specifically right this minute, but maybe sometime this afternoon.

I'm mildly bearish - trendlines are all pointing down. But then I've got flu.

My 10 minute chart is still showing a downward movement at the mo. 3890 will need to go before that changes.

We could still close this morning's gap too - FTSE's still 40 points up atm, so wait for America is my view

The markets are going nowhere it seems - everyone waiting for Bernanke to start yapping at 3pm?

Ok, quick chart, showing HL HH HL over the last few days. I have 2 reasons for thinking it could be possible.

1 st, being Elliot Wave principle, in that, there will be a 5th wave up. Clear HH HL pattern.

Secondly, going up, we could then retrace to 38.2 of the last 7 previous down days, save for yesterday, which was up.

That is my is whole analysis :)

Yes, definitely got to wait for US open.

It could all be rubbish, we shall see :)

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 97