Message For Ftse Traders......

come on lad, you have to pull yourself together

Sir Williams course on the weekend to attend ........you need to be sharp for that!!

hope you get well soon my friend

sorry not replied to email been busy doing bob the builder jobs

I know it's not ideal. Still I am fully confident I'll be raring to go by Saturday morning. Very much looking forward to it - are you coming along?

Hope the building is going well..

I'm undecided yet on what the market is doing today. The other frame traders aren't in yet IMO so there's no real direction.... :sleep::sleep:

Just went short at 3883, sl 3903

My PC just froze. Is this a day for computer issues?? Short Microsoft I say LOL!

Anyway, just before my computer totally froze I managed to close out for +9 points and am about to go offline and sort this blinking machine out...

Charts for Viks

Hi Viks,
Re the PM here are the last 2 trades I have done. The first chart shows the FTSE as I'm looking at it and the 2nd chart shows the trades themselves. I am still refining this strat and there may be a few things wrong - fib levels drawn the wrong way round for instance - but I'm starting to feel very comfortable with it. The bulk of the info on this can be found in Trading for Wealth by William Robinson and Trader Dante's 'Making Money Trading' thread on this site, supplemented with the FF James16 thread. I'm not saying it's perfect but I feel happy with it and it makes sense. Trader Dante emphasises the importance of waiting for the trades to come to you and not to go hunting for them....
The biggest problem I have is clearing away the evil spirits which tell me to trade more than I should. These 2 set-ups alone netted 100 points but I keep on falling into the trap of looking for other trades - this inevitably loses me money!!!
Hope this helps
KJ

FTSE Overview 250209.jpg
FTSE Trading 250209.jpg

...importance of waiting for the trades to come to you and not to go hunting for them....

(y)

I've no great feel for the FTSE the last couple of days, as is clear :)

A Bollinger Channel, on a long average so that it keeps steady, helps. Like everything, it is not the complete answer because it can turn into a trend, but it is a signal.

I am actually going to trade the DOW today as well after a long time

I will use my profits from last nights trade and only buy 1 contract only in order to have a wider stop loss

long DOW 7300........stop loss 7200.......target 100- 150 points!!

amend stop loss to break even .....thereby eliminating all risk from trade

That was the pullback that I was hoping for. I'm short for 3871.5

Maybe it is and, maybe, it isn't.!

Split

looks to me like the 30 m is in a wedge that could go on till 4pmish before a breakout. ie till after Crude Oil Inventories at 3.30pm

think i might have a look at the eur/usd

That was the pullback that I was hoping for. I'm short for 3871.5

Maybe it is and, maybe, it isn't.!

Split

worth a go.

i didn't get a signal yet so i have to sit on my hands.:|

the current lack of momentum is another factor.

I'm pretty bullish for today guys especially after Bernankes utopian speech , I would keep very tights stops on any shorts today........

i will certainly be shorting like hell after the market has got over the excitement of bernankes speech!!

long barclays 104 ...stop loss 100.........target 110!!

my S&P long still exists and i have added to it t 769......stop loss 760!!

my DOw long still exists 7300...stop loss break even!!