Message For Ftse Traders......

Limit set at 3888 as this is the upper side of the channel...... Assuming I don't get stopped first

Right I'm going to come out and say it now.

Wasn't in the right mind frame today have a lot going on in life but I was trading anyway.
Wrong thing to do. I started with £150 in my account to begin with last November ups and down then down to £50 capital left over. Then i strated trading as I would inc few silly trades and today I've just blown it. What a day.

I'm down to £2 in capital.
I'm allowed a bet size of 0.20p per point at the moment so I can do one trade with a 10point stop.
It has to be a profit trade or I'm out and don't have any funds to fund the account for a while until pay day.

My mind feels a little crammed well not relaxed but relaxed enough. Not going crazy or anything it's a learning experience and I'm still calm.

Tomtom would be nice to see how you trade. What time frames and what analysis you make of it all.
I'm going to continue trading money or no money I'll get on the simulator that some spreadbetting companies have.

How are you all doing? What capital did you all begin with if you don't mind me asking?
Any similar experiences?

Any advice, comments are welcome guys.

Viks

yes my friend, German business confidence data just took out my stop

crazy market my friend............I was really surprised at the pace of the drop!!

but FTSE is much more stable above 3800!!

you can't win them all guys

my short on RIO tinto more than covered the loss......anybody else shorting RIo Tinto?

I'm also long S&P 749 ...stop loss 740!!

closed my S&P position for a 20 point profit!!

Evening guys.....what a crazy market the FTSE is up and all those shorting must have burnt there fingers today!!

market is oversold like I stated this morning, my analysis was right but my entry points were wrong!!

Like I said guys, who cares which way the market moves just trade it either way for a quick 10-20 point scalp and worst case scenario your stop loss gets hit and your ready for the next trade!!

the thread has been very active today, i am really happy to see that

after todays rally i will now be shorting again!!

I have shorted S&P again @ 769 ...stop loss 790!!

A lemsip would be nice - I've got a terrible flu

Same here and there is a moral to that as well. I thought I had placed a limit order 3888 - as it is I have had my position closed out at 3880 as I'm obviously losing the plot with this flu thing....
Anyway 75 points and I think I'm done for the day
KJ

Evening guys.....what a crazy market the FTSE is up and all those shorting must have burnt there fingers today!!

market is oversold like I stated this morning, my analysis was right but my entry points were wrong!!

Like I said guys, who cares which way the market moves just trade it either way for a quick 10-20 point scalp and worst case scenario your stop loss gets hit and your ready for the next trade!!

I lost today :D :clap:

Oh well, troublesome times.

TomTom I tip my cap to you... :)

I lost today :D :clap:

Oh well, troublesome times.

TomTom I tip my cap to you... :)

Hello SD, I did tell you to keep an eye gold my friend.........Inverse relationship between market and gold!!

I have missed out on all the action today...........I still haven't finished the frigging kitchen and its beginning to annoy me now!! Arrr...

Wasn't in the right mind frame today have a lot going on in life but I was trading anyway.
Wrong thing to do. I started with £150 in my account to begin with last November ups and down then down to £50 capital left over. Then i strated trading as I would inc few silly trades and today I've just blown it. What a day.

I'm allowed a bet size of 0.20p per point at the moment so I can do one trade with a 10point stop.
It has to be a profit trade or I'm out and don't have any funds to fund the account for a while until pay day.

My mind feels a little crammed well not relaxed but relaxed enough. Not going crazy or anything it's a learning experience and I'm still calm.

Tomtom would be nice to see how you trade. What time frames and what analysis you make of it all.
I'm going to continue trading money or no money I'll get on the simulator that some spreadbetting companies have.

How are you all doing? What capital did you all begin with if you don't mind me asking?
Any similar experiences?

Viks
Hi Viks,
Sorry to hear of the loss,, man it happens, and when it happens it happens so quick you dont even realise.
This is my 2nd live account im trading on now, blew the 1st one in march last year, around £700. Silly mistakes, like jumping in n out, no discipline, no MM, and no real system.

Since then started learning everything n anythng, day n night... Then came a point where i thought i was ready... funded another live account in Nov08 of about £1000, and doing OK, not great, but OK. Not withdrawing anything yet as i dont have anything to withdraw.. lol. Make some good gains but then tend to give em back in the afternoon.

I was down yesterday after a good morning, n today i got about 60 points total, coukd have got afew more but idnt want to risk anything until tmrw.

I still tend to do those silly mistakes, but im trying to get rid of them.

Ive been trying to trade for the last 4 years, its the toughest game out there! Emotions, emotions and more emotions. its like a big psycho trip.

Anyway, workout what your doing wrong and try to rectify it. Easier said than done!!

my 2p worth.

Same here and there is a moral to that as well. I thought I had placed a limit order 3888 - as it is I have had my position closed out at 3880 as I'm obviously losing the plot with this flu thing....
Anyway 75 points and I think I'm done for the day
KJ

well done Kitejedi............your market profile calls are getting more proficient!!

short FTSE 3890 ...stop loss 3920!! target 10-20 point scalp

reason = trend line channel pierced and run up requires a breather in order to go further

short DAX 3985 ...stop loss 4015!! target 10 - 20 point scalp!!

reason = down ward trend line channel pierced.....

added to S&P short at 774.......stop loss 790!! looking for 10 point pullback

similar reason = downward trend line pierced and we could get a nice pull back

Any similar experiences?

Viks

easy solution for you to make it all back

sign up at the following accounts and you will get free money to start trading, a few friends have emailed me about it and its definitely worth doing if you like spreadbetting

I hate spreadbetting, just the name of it makes me cringe but its worth opning the accounts if you get free money and try a few crazy trades that you would never do with your own money guys

free £100
Spread Betting - Financial Spread Betting online - Interactive Investor

and free day to trade on £2 a point, all losses cancelled and all profit doubled!! you cant go wrong
Spread betting on Shares, Indices and more with CMC Markets

if you need a chat or any help give me a shout........

my email and mobile number are in my posts

dont worry my friend you will make it back

Hi Viks,
Sorry to hear of the loss,, man it happens, and when it happens it happens so quick you dont even realise.
This is my 2nd live account im trading on now, blew the 1st one in march last year, around £700. Silly mistakes, like jumping in n out, no discipline, no MM, and no real system.

Since then started learning everything n anythng, day n night... Then came a point where i thought i was ready... funded another live account in Nov08 of about £1000, and doing OK, not great, but OK. Not withdrawing anything yet as i dont have anything to withdraw.. lol. Make some good gains but then tend to give em back in the afternoon.

I was down yesterday after a good morning, n today i got about 60 points total, coukd have got afew more but idnt want to risk anything until tmrw.

I still tend to do those silly mistakes, but im trying to get rid of them.

Ive been trying to trade for the last 4 years, its the toughest game out there! Emotions, emotions and more emotions. its like a big psycho trip.

Anyway, workout what your doing wrong and try to rectify it. Easier said than done!!

my 2p worth.

Hi thanks for the support mate.

I do study as much as I can just went in at the wrong times with silly mistakes.
I'll look at what I need to rectify why it all went wrong and look to improve it.

The FTSE has really taken off!!

Viks

Where the hell is the FTSE going? 3901 now!

we can't be right every time my friend, we are like the weather men ..........prediction and analysis is our game.

some days it will rain = market goes down

some days it will be sunny = market goes up

just make sure you predict the weather correctly 60% of the time and more and you will keep your job as a weather man.....

easy solution for you to make it all back

sign up at the following accounts and you will get free money to start trading, a few friends have emailed me about it and its definitely worth doing if you like spreadbetting

I hate spreadbetting, just the name of it makes me cringe but its worth opning the accounts if you get free money and try a few crazy trades that you would never do with your own money guys

free £100
Spread Betting - Financial Spread Betting online - Interactive Investor

and free day to trade on £2 a point, all losses cancelled and all profit doubled!! you cant go wrong
Spread betting on Shares, Indices and more with CMC Markets

if you need a chat or any help give me a shout........

my email and mobile number are in my posts

dont worry my friend you will make it back

Thanks for the support mate I'm already in the process of signing up to these accounts.
Going to be a fresh start tomorrow. I will keep posting my progress and analysis and as Wallstreet said.... WE WILL PROSPER TOGETHER (at least that what i think it was!)

Right back to the studying! and reading Mike Douglas - Trading in the zone!

Viks