Message For Ftse Traders......

That seems to be a sound analysis looking at both charts.

Just got stopped out for a break even on the FTSE100.
3926ish still a support? we're about to find out. 3920 may be a support to keep an eye on.
Anyone going long or short the FTSE100?

I will be looking to sell the DAX @ 4120 ........stop loss 4150!! below 4100 .....20-30 point scalp

reason =

downward sloping channel/trend line resistance, also resistance at 50 EMA and market come up too far too fast without a breather ......a nice 20-30 point pullback needs to happen in order for it to continue march higher or market could reverse and go lower ....

I for forgot to mention also guys that there is R1 pivot at 4116........

multiple levels of resistance guys, its going to take at least 2-3 attempts to push though there as we all know the market very rarely pushes through a resistance level on first attempt

this was my reason earlier guys .........

I have had enough of waiting

short DAX 4108 ....stop loss 4138 ......target 4075/4080 and lower......

That seems to be a sound analysis looking at both charts.

Just got stopped out for a break even on the FTSE100.
3926ish still a support? we're about to find out. 3920 may be a support to keep an eye on.
Anyone going long or short the FTSE100?

I'm waiting for the 1H candle to close and then I may be going short.......

pivots,support,resistance levels

Gents

Excellent reports on this thread, makes good educational reading.
Can anyone help, I am after a website with pivots, supports and resistance levels.
Also, what is the ticker for FTSE.

IMO the Dax leads the FTSE in the morning and, over the past few days, 4000 on the Dax has been the key figure. My view is that we are going to see the FTSE go a lot lower than it's recent lows but this won't happen until the Dax breaks through 4000. I'd be interested for some views from those more experienced??

yes I agree FTSE's only real support 3500!!

I am tempted to take out long term short positions but then i also want to start buying on the way down to ........stuck between two worlds!!

Gents

Can anyone help, I am after a website with pivots, supports and resistance levels.

Ticker is UKX. Depending on whether you'd like EOD data or intra-day there are loads of providers. I would recommend Prorealtime for EOD and IG Index for intraday....

Gents

http://www.livecharts.co.uk/pivot_points/pivot_points.php?symbol=^FTSE

please don't follow me guys

but I have a weird feeling that the markets are going to rip up from here...........

this is gut instinct and not based on analysis so ignore it

Thanks - yeah I did use it made +18 but unfortunately only even for the day at the mo.

Ouch! Why did you close it? I'm still there, but I transfer the trade to the daily future because it closes, instead of rolling over---I'm not home at the close and can't, always, phone. I spreadbet, by the way. Don't know what you guys do.

Split

Ouch! Why did you close it? I'm still there, but I transfer the trade to the daily future because it closes, instead of rolling over---I'm not home at the close and can't, always, phone. I spreadbet, by the way. Don't know what you guys do.

Split

I think most here spreadbet except for Wallstreet who uses CFD's....