Message For Ftse Traders......

you short barclay or long.........

I'm short 103.5 ...stop loss 106!! risky trade though........double top!!

I went Long on Friday at what I judged to be support (95). You want risk, try holding a Bank over the weekend in this climate!!

I took profits at the early high (104) and it looks good so far, so your short could be a good shout. Hope so, or I sold too soon!

What's your target?

Have just gone long on the FTSE at 3936 with a stop at 3926 and a target of 3960. Price has had a go at finding some interest below the Initial Balance but not getting many takers. Given that the longer frame guys aren't in yet this is basically a rangebound trade using IB as support and resistance.

Am currently flu-ridden so expect this one to go wrong..........
KJ

Have just gone long on the FTSE at 3936 with a stop at 3926 and a target of 3960. Price has had a go at finding some interest below the Initial Balance but not getting many takers. Given that the longer frame guys aren't in yet this is basically a rangebound trade using IB as support and resistance.

Am currently flu-ridden so expect this one to go wrong..........
KJ

I reckon (hope) that's a good call! Get the Lemsip down you, always makes the markets pick up! (y)

Sorry if I'm being dense but how come S/R at 3944?

20th feb at 9.15
20 feb 15.05
20 feb 7.50

I think that's why anyway.

I was long at 3932.
we've got almost the 3rd bar not wanting to breach 3945 on the 5min or do we?.....

Viks

20th feb at 9.15
20 feb 15.05
20 feb 7.50

I think that's why anyway.

I was long at 3932.
we've got almost the 3rd bar not wanting to breach 3945 on the 5min or do we?.....

Viks

Aha - we're talking different timeframes!! I am forcing myself not to look at / trade below 1h. The Dax @ 4100 is the sticking point here IMO

I've just had my first ever look at the Dax today looks like a very profitable trade for this morning.
The Dax share similar volatility with the FTSE100? Any relation? Link? Analysis?

Viks

I went Long on Friday at what I judged to be support (95). You want risk, try holding a Bank over the weekend in this climate!!

I took profits at the early high (104) and it looks good so far, so your short could be a good shout. Hope so, or I sold too soon!

What's your target?

sorry my friend ............ 100p take half profits as 5000 contracts and then next target 96!!

I've just had my first ever look at the Dax today looks like a very profitable trade for this morning.
The Dax share similar volatility with the FTSE100? Any relation? Link? Analysis?

Viks

IMO the Dax leads the FTSE in the morning and, over the past few days, 4000 on the Dax has been the key figure. My view is that we are going to see the FTSE go a lot lower than it's recent lows but this won't happen until the Dax breaks through 4000. I'd be interested for some views from those more experienced??