Message For Ftse Traders......

I still favour the long side on this one guys..........there is too much support around there!! as I stated iearlier in the morning I base it solely on the Dow & S&P being oversold..........! I think the US markets will push it higher!! 4065 still a target on FTSE??

I personally think any short position is a bit too brave......Banks and mining stocks looking good today, look at barclays @ 100p

I agree. I have pulled my short trade...... 3990 was tough to crack yesterday and is looking the same again today.....

DAX is much stronger.........

I would prefer to go long on that instead....................better relationship with DOW/S&P/nasdaq!!

crossed 20,50,200 EMA..............nice buy!! stop loss 4190

target 4245 and above

lets get ready to rumble.......................were off to the races...all indices are up !!

BULL, BULL, BULL

I'm off out guys make sure your on the right side............

I'm going to call you later kitejedi just have to tie up a few loose ends

Wanna know where support and resistance are? Don't worry about using complicated charts - just look at my trading account today! Any price I buy at quickly becomes resistance, and any price I sell at becomes support!

Roll up roll up, get ya financials 'ere... :(

DAX is much stronger.........

I would prefer to go long on that instead....................better relationship with DOW/S&P/nasdaq!!

crossed 20,50,200 EMA..............nice buy!! stop loss 4190

target 4245 and above

added to my lovely S&P short again............

looks like 4040 is a strong resistance level on FTSE..........4065 is out of the question!!

Hi, I am looking at using RSI signals and find it very useful. Do anyone know on what timescales I should be looking at? Or maybe not use at all? Sorry if it is a dumb question.

have ALOT to learn..

Been out this afternoon and after going short at 3999 and not closing 12 points decided to call it aday.(had my stop to BE)
Just been looking at the charts, two great Divergences here, first on has been building all day, not surprising really as we have bounced between 4040 and 4000 with 3990 not rally able to hold. after 2 attempts we don't really breakout and we get a lovely pull back to 4000 region, with this then holding strong we get oversold on MACD and off we go back up.
At worst the Hidden Divergence gives an exit.

Attachments

• snapshot-95.png
    snapshot-95.png
    165.6 KB · Views: 115
karlandree.indecators ie ema and rsi work best when you know the length of the cycle.each timeframe has its own cycle.therefore you will see that sometimes the 14 rsi works well and sometimes it does not.

been waiting for this sucker to break 4000-it will happen but I wanted it today! FTSE is running on empty

Anyone here trade between the resistence and support today making good profit?

Took a nice short at 4000

Anyone here trade between the resistence and support today making good profit?

Took a nice short at 4000

I took the same trade and came out Break Even:( i think 8+ points on a move is good in these markets. Still every day is a new lesson!

I took 8 points on that trade.
How did you come out break even? Are you using a trailing stop?

Viks

No,

I move my stop to Break Even when i can (min is 6 points behind market) It got me on the pull back by about .5 of a point. Yesterday is was .5 the right way and took 30 out of a move so you win some you loose some. It is annoying when it happens but at least it isn't a loss.

I think in this sort of market (correct me if you think otherwise) tighter stops are better.

But yeah, you win some you loss some.

I'm long at the moment at 3995. Trying to take advantage of the bounce between the support and resistence. Looking for 4010.