Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Morning all

Had to re short nzd
short at .8029 sl .16 pips

lost 15 pips on last trade

Last edited:
same chart,same trade,sometimes ive sold up to 4 times from the same line,before i get a runner or a break up

The price is now hugging the trendline after the initial rejection which prompted my trade. Still, the trendline originated before xmas and has had a few bounces so should be quite strong. Have tightened the stop a couple of pips now that we're on the trendline.
I don't usually leave things overnight but there is one of those lovely rounded tops :D forming which are usually lucrative for me so i'll make an exception here and see what happens.
Kiss of death, i know....

Line held. stop at b/e.

EJ out -43
GBP out + 5

:mad::cry::mad:

Attachments

• BP T18-X.png
    BP T18-X.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 101
  • EJ T7-X.png
    EJ T7-X.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 96
how are the results so far vaco,you mentioned you have taken something like 30 trades with this method

dec was breakeven but i did not trade once the schools broke up and there were some trades against the trend in there as well whilst I found my feet and established my rules.

After todays loss i'm up 125 pips from 25 trades.

win rate 52% with 49 pip ave winner but that includes the breakeven trades taken at +1 to +5

I have had 6 such trades. if you take them out my win rate sits at 37% with ave winner 86 pips.

I'm happy with the results so far, but to be fair it does not take much to please me, all I want is consistant returns month after month and minimal drawdown.

I'm happy trading this up to 5% risk per trade (although prefer 3-4%)

Method is simple just like your trendlines i'm basicly trading the daily chart through a 4h view.

25 trades in 2 months not everyones cup of tea but for me its better then 100 trades and -125 pips.

dec was breakeven but i did not trade once the schools broke up and there were some trades against the trend in there as well whilst I found my feet and established my rules.

After todays loss i'm up 125 pips from 25 trades.

win rate 52% with 49 pip ave winner but that includes the breakeven trades taken at +1 to +5

I have had 6 such trades. if you take them out my win rate sits at 37% with ave winner 86 pips.

I'm happy with the results so far, but to be fair it does not take much to please me, all I want is consistant returns month after month and minimal drawdown.

I'm happy trading this up to 5% risk per trade (although prefer 3-4%)

Method is simple just like your trendlines i'm basicly trading the daily chart through a 4h view.

25 trades in 2 months not everyones cup of tea but for me its better then 100 trades and -125 pips.

sounds good. The only problems I can see with it are the discipline and the drawdown factor. Its boring and may be subject to a biggish drawdown. You may remember old mas method I was using. It worked well but was subject to a drawdown of 300 pips which took me 2 months to get back so the averages went right down. I guess you can adjust stakes etc to make a smoother curve in time.How many markets are you looking at

sounds good. The only problems I can see with it are the discipline and the drawdown factor. Its boring and may be subject to a biggish drawdown. You may remember old mas method I was using. It worked well but was subject to a drawdown of 300 pips which took me 2 months to get back so the averages went right down. I guess you can adjust stakes etc to make a smoother curve in time.How many markets are you looking at

just the two markets EJ and Cable.

I guess 300 pip drawdown is only 7 losing trades in a row so yes that will be a hard pill to take.

What makes your current method less likely to have such a drawdown, is it that you close half quickly or because you move to BE sharpish.

(just had a thought) you said you were down over 100 pips in jan so far so not too far off from a largish drawdown similar to old Ma's

just the two markets EJ and Cable.

I guess 300 pip drawdown is only 7 losing trades in a row so yes that will be a hard pill to take.

What makes your current method less likely to have such a drawdown, is it that you close half quickly or because you move to BE sharpish.

(just had a thought) you said you were down over 100 pips in jan so far so not too far off from a largish drawdown similar to old Ma's

all correct points I guess,my stops are generally tighter than old mas and there are more opportunities with the way I now trade. im currently on a drawdown of 200 pips. There seems to be more profits pip wise and I do vary my stakes as I beleive I have the edge

How's this for some price action. Wiped out stops on both sides of the market. Whipped & sawed!
eurjpy 5m chart

Peter

Attachments

• eurjpy05.gif
    eurjpy05.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 135
cable touched my sell zone and closed below

Ej failed to break yesterdays high also looked a good short.

Attachments

• BP T19.png
    BP T19.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 121
  • EJ T8.png
    EJ T8.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 121
Hi,

Have to go out

Moved sl on gbp/jpy back to 118.47

Placed offer on gbp/usd at 1.5396, 60 pip sl, 0.5% risk adding to open position.

Greece talks coming to an agreement?, hence the push up in euro?

Attachments

• Chart_GBP_USD_Daily_snapshot.png
    Chart_GBP_USD_Daily_snapshot.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 130