Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Do you have targets in mind for your trades? If not, can you tell us a little bit about your exit strategy. :)

Thanks!

Was just about to post.

Have set take profit on gbp/usd for risk:reward of 1:3. Wouldn't be surprised if it made its way back up to the trendline before that though. Will probably buy at lower trendline.

For gbp/jpy want to see it break below 118 again and I will for take profit around 117.25 to 117.
I need to reduce my initial stop losses on these horizontal levels though.

Attachments

• Chart_GBP_USD_Daily_snapshot.png
    Chart_GBP_USD_Daily_snapshot.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Chart_GBP_JPY_Hourly_snapshot.png
    Chart_GBP_JPY_Hourly_snapshot.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Will normally just exit at next strong level of support/resistance but try to look for risk:reward of at least 1:3. Starting to look for spots with much higher risk:reward though.

Do you have targets in mind for your trades? If not, can you tell us a little bit about your exit strategy. :)

Thanks!

Also use very very basic fundamentals. Eg I get the impression that
UK economoy is weak and in for a rough ride, interest rates are low, maybe more QE etc. The Yen is strong so am looking for long term sells on gbp/jpy.

Moved sl on gbp/jpy to breakeven in case of any freak events. Also hoping 118-118.10 will act as resistance but may be too early. If price makes it back up to 118.25 I can always adjust it.

short eur/usd 1.2739 stop1.2754 trg+15

update stop into 1.2743
second update stop now 1.2741 this bugger not keen to go down trg still +15

Last edited:
Looks like today has been the busiest for a long while on live call thread. godd to see other covering up mine and wackys losers
still short nzd, will try and get 1/2 off and leav rest overnight if needed

missed a late session downside breakout in eurusd. Usually don't get that much follow through at this time of day. I'm going to wait and see if it retests the wedge near the circled area and look to short during the Asian session.

Peter

Attachments

• eurusd12.gif
    eurusd12.gif
    20.8 KB · Views: 127
short usd/jpy 76.79
s/l 76.90

The price is now hugging the trendline after the initial rejection which prompted my trade. Still, the trendline originated before xmas and has had a few bounces so should be quite strong. Have tightened the stop a couple of pips now that we're on the trendline.
I don't usually leave things overnight but there is one of those lovely rounded tops :D forming which are usually lucrative for me so i'll make an exception here and see what happens.
Kiss of death, i know....

Attachments

• usdjpy.jpg
    usdjpy.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 129
Moved sl on gbp/jpy to breakeven in case of any freak events. Also hoping 118-118.10 will act as resistance but may be too early. If price makes it back up to 118.25 I can always adjust it.

Looks like 118 held (for now) but have moved sl to 118.45 and added take profit at 117.33 for intial risk:reward of 1:3.

For gbp/usd, leaving sl and take profit at original prices.

Here's what I'm looking at for tonight. eurjpy 15m chart. I'm still biased short but there should be stops at 98.30 area. If price breaks up over 98.00 then it will aim for those stops. I'll take a small stakes trade for maybe 10-15 pips and wait for price to come back down into the wedge for a short down to today's low.

Peter

Attachments

• eurjpy04.gif
    eurjpy04.gif
    18.2 KB · Views: 136