Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Good morning

I use different set ups depending on price moves.

If it's ranging pa, I try to catch tops/bottoms. In trending markets I try to go with the trend (sometimes I enter on pull backs, sometimes on break outs - depending on momentum). Also I try to trade price overreacting to news & reports. I am aware of few oscillators (momentum, stoch or rsi) and if there is divergence there. Most of it is based on 15 min charts (entries & exits) and I try to check what's happening with hourly charts as well (not beyond that really unless I'm trying to find important levels). When trading overreactions I use smallest time frames (and for fine tuned entries and exits). All the time I'm aware of important levels ( support, resistance and that kind of things)

I also follow the calendar (important events, reports, speakers etc.)
I use few mas as well to get an idea about direction (it helps me if price is too jumpy to cut the noise)

What about you Pat - what kind of set ups do you trade?

Much the same as you. Bollingers I find useful to set TP and SL. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
starting well

Attachments

• snip.PNG
    snip.PNG
    58.8 KB · Views: 114
Pat all I will say is find your own edge ( the simpler the better ) mine was my old paper chart on wall which I threw darts at every day and if dart landed in up candle then long /short if on down candle --- but after a while my skills vanished and ffs look at me now
images
:devilish::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Pat all I will say is find your own edge ( the simpler the better ) mine was my old paper chart on wall which I threw darts at every day and if dart landed in up candle then long /short if on down candle --- but after a while my skills vanished and ffs look at me now
images
:devilish::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Not quite ready for the 2014 London marathon yet imho

Last edited:
Talking of betting . You can get 1000/1 odds on the Royal baby being called Sharon - fancy that ?

Attachments

• snip.PNG
    snip.PNG
    158.3 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Talking of betting . You can 1000/1 odds on the Royal baby being called Sharon - fancy that ?

Probably double those odds if it's a boy

:)

Remember those paparazzi photos of Kate & Wills in France 9 months ago ?
Might have made in France stamped on it's bum !!

w/d :clap:archie ------ that puts you to No 1 trader on this thread ------- do you need an assistant to count the cash :cheesy:

Thanks for the offer BP, but I can still manage on my own - all that losing trades make it easier for me to count it:whistling

Watching the OPEN on telly. Nice to see the golden oldies back for another year and some are actually playing !!

Gary Player 79 and going strong

Good one Zen but like me, out a bit early I fancy.

I'm not a big fan of 'profit running' especially before important events Pat - if I'm not mistaken, Bernanke is speaking/testifying again after 15:00. Also on smaller time frames I could see price becoming a bit twitchy (more than usual anyway)

Also I've managed round 1.3 r/r with this one which is good enough for me