Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Attachments

• Aud-Jpy.PNG
    Aud-Jpy.PNG
    18.5 KB · Views: 81
Hi Guys and Girls

A big hello to you all and apologies as well in case I'm posting this in the wrong thread! :)

I'm currently using Alpari's ECN account with the MT5 trading platform to trade currencies, predominantly EUR/USD, EUR/GBP and the occasional AUD/CAD. Today as I'm sure many of you have seen there's been quite a stir in the EUR/GBP market as the MPC Minutes were released, this is where I wondered if you've experienced the same thing?

I had a couple Pending Orders set up but the Buy Stop Order was filled despite the market not coming anywhere near by Order (attached screenshot), in fact this was filled 17.3 pips from the highest point the market reached according to my software. Now I'm aware that spreads will change a bit according to liquidity etc but this seems ridiculous, not to mention around 16 pips slippage on my Stop Loss.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing and does anyone else have experiences with Alpari?

Any advice and opinion is much appreciated :)

Thanks

Attachments

• Alpari Buy Stop Computer Error.png
    Alpari Buy Stop Computer Error.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 108
Also with Alpari MT5
I have sort of noticed that stops are triggered when the price is well short of the mark, but only rarely.

Hi Pat

I've just in fact had an email stating that the spread at that moment was 20 pips..... I've not seen this before but it meant that my Buy Order and Stop loss were hit at exactly the same time giving me near enough a 20 pip tax there and then...ouch.

"opening price 0.87154 on the ASK side and the BID price 0.86955." - Alpari Support.

For an account advertising itself as an ECN with spreads below a pip this seems pretty steep, I mean I haven't seen their spreads this wide even on Non-Farm.

Has anyone had similar experiences with other brokers, should I be alarmed?

Thanks again

What with a free platform and data feed it seems worth it unless one can find something better imo.
If you can come up with a better broker please let me know. I am wary of those outside Europe ( except Greece )/N. America.

There are a lot more pairs on MT4 if you like quantity. They both run on Moscow time which isn't too clever.

lets see if I can recoup earlier losing trade with long now on eur/usd @1.3145

oooooooooooooooooouch :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited: