Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

fingers crossed

Attachments

• snip.PNG
    snip.PNG
    11.6 KB · Views: 68
nice zen ------- was long myself so recouped earlier bs

Good you recouped BP(y)

I was maybe a bit impatient - if I stayed in that initial gbp/usd long, could have avoided all this performance (although I played it ok with that order to buy - nice & quick analysis there)

Apparently Benny says tapering is data dependant !
I have no idea how that will affect markets.

Perhaps you haven't noticed but the presenters on TV programmes can sometimes reflect their views of the gold price by the colour of the clothes they wear.
Taking the red end of the spectrum as down and the blue end for up. Black up and white down.
starting with guys - ties takes precedence over shirts
ladies - dresses, top takes precedence over bottom.
Just using the morning team

gold price 9 am gmt is 1277.4 to 9 pm market close.
for instance today Ana Edwards on Bloomberg is all in red - for down.
Guy - blue tie for up
Caroline - red for down
Tom - blue tie - up
Sara - pink - down
Julie - red - down
Scarlet - black dress - up

Just a game but with a purpose

Attachments

• spectrum.PNG
    spectrum.PNG
    15.6 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
G'morning all

What sort of set up do you use Zen ?

Good morning

I use different set ups depending on price moves.

If it's ranging pa, I try to catch tops/bottoms. In trending markets I try to go with the trend (sometimes I enter on pull backs, sometimes on break outs - depending on momentum). Also I try to trade price overreacting to news & reports. I am aware of few oscillators (momentum, stoch or rsi) and if there is divergence there. Most of it is based on 15 min charts (entries & exits) and I try to check what's happening with hourly charts as well (not beyond that really unless I'm trying to find important levels). When trading overreactions I use smallest time frames (and for fine tuned entries and exits). All the time I'm aware of important levels ( support, resistance and that kind of things)

I also follow the calendar (important events, reports, speakers etc.)
I use few mas as well to get an idea about direction (it helps me if price is too jumpy to cut the noise)

What about you Pat - what kind of set ups do you trade?