Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

^ 1 unit or $.0001/pip. :LOL:

These two posted trades are test trades, really. My real size is in Eur/Usd. I want to branch out to other currencies for more setups, but want to get a feel for those first.

^ 1 unit or $.0001/pip. :LOL:

These two posted trades are test trades, really. My real size is in Eur/Usd. I want to branch out to other currencies for more setups, but want to get a feel for those first.

Ah..that explains it!!

What was your set up...divergence at pivot mid point? (I trade 6b futures so maybe slight difference to forex)

Nah, nothing like that. 1.585 was a previous point of mean reversion in a range between Jan 22-24. 1.581 is my target because it's the low point of that range. I may take it at 1.582 if it looks like 1.581 is out of reach.

For Usd/Jpy it was a pullback in the uptrend (got in way too early as it turns out), and it wants that .5 round number!

So far the interesting thing is that both these currencies are more or less moving in tandem despite being the same trade (long Usd).

Nah, nothing like that. 1.585 was a previous point of mean reversion in a range between Jan 22-24. 1.581 is my target because it's the low point of that range. I may take it at 1.582 if it looks like 1.581 is out of reach.

For Usd/Jpy it was a pullback in the uptrend (got in way too early as it turns out), and it wants that .5 round number!

So far the interesting thing is that both these currencies are more or less moving in tandem despite being the same trade (long Usd).

I'm a market profile trader myself and usually try to avoid mean reversion usually gets me in trouble, prefer the individual auctions but glad it works for you.

I'll try and place a few trades on here soon.

Haha, yeah, you have to get the timing right. This Gbp/Usd thing was ill-timed because of the counter-trend nature of the trade, but I have plenty of faith in my Usd/Jpy trade because it's with it. Counter-trend isn't my forte (no surprise there).

But these are test trades, so I don't mind too much whether they win or lose.

Waiting on good timing to buy the Pound against the Euro and the Franc against the Euro. Anyone into those pairs? It might take a long time for those reversals to materialize but when it does there could be some huge swings in store.

Long usd/jpy @91.2.

Tg: 91.5

No stop, hell yeah.

+30 a couple hours ago.

I got my target all wrong. Should have let it run instead. It's blown past 92 right as I'm looking at it. Still made me some pips despite the big drawdown.

But that said, might as well just short anything Yen. It's incredibly bearish right now across the board. I think I might just put on some size to take advantage of that.

As for the Gbp/Usd trade, moved up my target to 1.583.

Waiting on good timing to buy the Pound against the Euro and the Franc against the Euro. Anyone into those pairs? It might take a long time for those reversals to materialize but when it does there could be some huge swings in store.

It depends on what level they agreed is not too high (euro). Also they want yen weaker - but we don't know what the planned level is.

ATM I would keep buying eur/gbp (I wouldn't go against the manipulators)

Last edited: