Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

You are right LF
He should've specified why he didn't like it. Maybe 15 was not happy with it being a counter trend trade?

c'mon 15 - explain it in a proper way (no swear words)

if thats the case id be interested to hear his reasons. A trend is relative to the timeframe looked at and if thats the case what does he make of the 2000 or so pips ive called this year,most of them counter trend or at the top of resistance area.I think I also read somewhere that if the market stops for 1 min that you are now on a 50% chance for 10 pips either way( no idea)
Im sure its something we've missed but we do need to remember that everyones methods are different and that we should help when asked or indeed ask why a trade was taken but not be a negative critique unduly as these things are sure to come back and bite, and may induce a confidence loss and affect emotion.

on a slightly different note about entry points etc.Id love a caller to come on here with a randon( say long everyday at 9 am) method and staking plan. Ive had so few trades lately i often amuse myself looking for something sensible. What I am sure about if every trader followed such a path Im sure their loses would be less as discipline and money management are so important which is why I can accept anyones entry point or method.

Been a long while since I've been in here.

So how's it going, Flash? Had a good year so far? I see the market's right back into holiday mode and slowed to a crawl, lol. I hope it doesn't last as long as this year's and we see some action right out the gate in 2013.

Been a long while since I've been in here.

So how's it going, Flash? Had a good year so far? I see the market's right back into holiday mode and slowed to a crawl, lol. I hope it doesn't last as long as this year's and we see some action right out the gate in 2013.

Up and down for me. 1st quarter very good,2nd poor,third indiferent,4 th finishing with a flurry.what about you

I'm still learning the game, lol. I instead got around to working two jobs starting this summer and made some good money. No time for trading other than some very early morning stuff trying to catch Euro open at 3am back in May-July.

Well, I've got more time to devote to this market stuff atm, so I'll see about getting back into things. :)

USD looks pretty strong today..........so focusing so far on selling the fall guy Yen whilst the Dow futures is pumping north

anyone know why the CHf took a small tumble around 7am ?.....

N

USD looks pretty strong today..........so focusing so far on selling the fall guy Yen whilst the Dow futures is pumping north

anyone know why the CHf took a small tumble around 7am ?.....

N

possible further intervention by SNB being rumoured, claims are that they'll raise the 1.20 floor in eur/chf

possible further intervention by SNB being rumoured, claims are that they'll raise the 1.20 floor in eur/chf

wouldn't be surprised if 90% of these rumours are from hedge funds trying to force some price action in their favour;)