Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Have you calculated that low around 12925 by using your dma thing?

btw it may stall a bit now (I took the profit) although gbp/usd looks unstoppable atm

Nope...

1> gold broken back above 1720 and trending higher, so will favour shorting USD
2> support trend line for eur/gbp on dailies indicates some support for euro so favour long euro
3> two sizable options expire today at 12915 and 13000, I'm backing the option at 13000 to have more support than the one at 12915

I have a feeling in my bones gold could be on for 1750 today...will pray to the Trading Gods to make this so

3> two sizable options expire today at 12915 and 13000, I'm backing the option at 13000 to have more support than the one at 12915

I love these options expiry things - funny to watch it
You just wait at the specified level and price eventually comes there (after lot of pretending)

I love these options expiry things - funny to watch it
You just wait at the specified level and price eventually comes there (after lot of pretending)

sometimes they can be really annoying though, I remember about 18 months ago when the euro opened on the exact same price at 3p.m. everyday for about 4 days.

The best one I remember was when the Chinese had a no touch option for about two weeks out, every man and his dog tried to break the option but it held, they must have thrown money at it..

It's well behaived today - going nicely towards 13000(y)

Indeed,

You notice how this is only a euro move up, cable not making this leg up. Once this option expires at 14:00, EU could drop quickly. 13000 almost at it's normal TR ceiling as well.

closing EU at 12974 +40 pips
closing eur/gbp for 8032 +26 pips

euro is fighting to get higher, don't want to give up good profit it it fails, so will now look to short at 13000-13020, but also look to short after 14:00

say one was to keep track of 5 fx charts which 5 would you suggest and why ?
would it be a good idea to concentrate on 1, such as eur/? or mix them up a bit ?

I usually have eurusd, eurjpy, audusd, usdchf charts up all day. Occasionally, I will also check gbpusd, gbpjpy

These usually have the best movement, volatility, and spreads for intraday trading. If you are looking for something a little tamer you can try eurgbp, nzdusd.

Peter

I'm getting slaughtered on gold, but happy to hold through NFP tomorrow before exiting.