Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

I don't use any service - I find too much info bad for my concentration. Anyway, I wouldn't mind some essential things - would you recommend them?

yes, absolutely, talking-forex.com is good, would not trade without it, ever

Dam it to bits, EU is now rolling over closing trade for +1, now short until end of the day going into close of month end:p

closing short now for +7, very indecisive,

bought gold for 1724...

I'm fine, thanks, but bored out of my mind. I can't get back home yet though. Some roads are still closed and power is out along most of the coast.

Peter

Free Forex Historical Data: Forex Currency Pairs

Use the above website and download a couple of years worth of high/low and closing prices for eur/usd. Put into a spreadsheet, calculate daily trading range and then average over 20 or 10 or 30 days (depends on you). Dependent on your excel skills you should be able to test retracement probabilities and other juicy bits..

Does that mean that a 60% chance of retracement means that it has retraced 60% of the time historically, rather than having any particular insight into this particular Pa?

Does that mean that a 60% chance of retracement means that it has retraced 60% of the time historically, rather than having any particular insight into this particular Pa?

60% on retracement? no, TR rather..

ok sorry, but in general are your assumptions based more on historical data rather than immediate factors?

Historical, yes. The trick is to judge which days you can rely on historical data and which days it's meaningless..the more you watch EU, the easier it is to spot.

long eur/gbp at 8006, stop at 7966, I think euro will bounce from about here..

say one was to keep track of 5 fx charts which 5 would you suggest and why ?
would it be a good idea to concentrate on 1, such as eur/? or mix them up a bit ?