Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Thinking about getting long on USDCHF and waiting for EURGBP to sell off a little to get long on that too.

Only in doubt now because of all these losses (streak)

I know I should be plowing on through though but EURUSD looks like it may be pulling back to continue bullish which obviously creates adverse effect on taking long in USDCHF... especially after that big bearish CS print 2 hours back.

Thinking about getting long on USDCHF and waiting for EURGBP to sell off a little to get long on that too.

Only in doubt now because of all these losses (streak)

I know I should be plowing on through though but EURUSD looks like it may be pulling back to continue bullish which obviously creates adverse effect on taking long in USDCHF... especially after that big bearish CS print 2 hours back.

When I experience losing streaks I cut my stakes or stop trading for a while and spend time analysing.

BTW I was not trading for some time (hols) and done some analysis - it's been rubbish PA and if I traded, most likely I would have lost money (no surprise there - it's often like that end of August/beginning of September)

Just looking at eur/usd - that move could be more than a stop hunt. Waiting for a retrace to 1.3000 - 1.3010 area and then long only on a break up (smaller time frame - 3 or 5 mins). I'll try to be very choosy - if there is a single thing I don't like I won't trade.

It dropped too much IMO - not interested any more

Well, I made my decision not to take it USDCHF. I need fresh head for Monday else this is getting daft.

I`ll be taking every set-up that fits as of next week; no excuses. I have the cherry picking hat on which is screwing myself over...

I took 2 trades out of 9 this week.... (if it has arrow point down - that's where I placed interest in taking action - arrow pointing sideways = actually took action)

1 went to +56 - took +20 on GBPJPY (+0.48%) and the other was -1.89% loss NZDJPY

Sorry for uploading loads of charts - I feel like sharing my frustration if that's alright.

I have only myself to blame as the set ups were consistent with my rules...

I need more conviction to take them. (EURGBP is coming up for a long) The rest had been sitting like this and I only took action on GBPJPY (one on gbpjpy - the other literally happened today and I didnt pull the trigger) and NZDJPY...

Had I taken them all with conservative rule based set ups...

well; not regretting, just learning from....

(edit: forgot to mention AUDJPY - didnt take it as it didnt fall to where my order was) the long arrow)

Attachments

• cadjpy.gif
    cadjpy.gif
    43.1 KB · Views: 104
  • chfjpy.gif
    chfjpy.gif
    44.6 KB · Views: 102
  • nzdjpy.gif
    nzdjpy.gif
    43.2 KB · Views: 100
  • usdchf.gif
    usdchf.gif
    48.2 KB · Views: 130
  • eurgbp.gif
    eurgbp.gif
    49.8 KB · Views: 99
  • gbpjpy.gif
    gbpjpy.gif
    46 KB · Views: 128
  • euraud.gif
    euraud.gif
    55.6 KB · Views: 108
  • gbpusd.gif
    gbpusd.gif
    41.3 KB · Views: 108
  • audjpy.gif
    audjpy.gif
    54.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Oh and btw, these are not hindsight's... - these are position I had mapped out for a while. Hence why they`re consistent....

I'll try inside bar thing on eur/usd 15min
order to sell eur/usd @ 1.2973 stop 1.2990

(again would cancel if it hits 1.2990 before hitting 1.2973)

I'll try inside bar thing on eur/usd 15min
order to sell eur/usd @ 1.2973 stop 1.2990

(again would cancel if it hits 1.2990 before hitting 1.2973)

cancelled

rubbish pa - it broke up and I don't feel like taking any longs

Have a nice weekend:)

i used to use 60 ibs,did ok but its a lon haul,there is a whole thread dedicated to it on ff

I like to use all sort of different patterns depending on price action, certain levels, momentum etc.

In this case I just followed my short bias and opted for a short signal which never got triggered. That bias thing is often misleading in my case and I should try to avoid it. I ignored the fact that it was oversold at that time and that rejected 100 SMA again and didn't want to place a long break out order on the inside bar which worked nicely BTW

:!: It's not a good idea to trade inside bars on their own - lots of them fail, especially on shorter time frames. Same as pin bars, dojis and that kind of patterns. I always look for a confirmation from indicators, trend lines, important levels etc.

Attachments

• euro15.jpg
    euro15.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
There is a triangle on 4h - if it was not Fri afternoon, it would be nice to trade it

PS It's coming to 15min 100 SMA to test it again (bottom triangle line is nearby). This time is not oversold, so it may go south if it breaks it

Attachments

• euro4h.JPG
    euro4h.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 127
There is a triangle on 4h - if it was not Fri afternoon, it would be nice to trade it

PS It's coming to 15min 100 SMA to test it again (bottom triangle line is nearby). This time is not oversold, so it may go south if it breaks it

I'll try it now - it went below the lower triangle line.

So short at 1.2969 and stop 1.3050

NB I'll keep moving stop down following the upper triangle line, keeping it 15 pips above it

PS It is round 80 pips to the stop, but I adjusted the stake accordingly risking 1% of my account

Attachments

• eurotriangle.JPG
    eurotriangle.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 111