Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

thanks Splashy,I never noticed it. It seems to be going through a quiet period at moment,hopefully pick up soon as I think the stuff in the last month has been some of the best. I wish newbies would stick around and not think they can get the holy grail by reading a few pages and then disappear when losing trades are called. They only want winners and seem to only remember the last trade.

Anyway a toast to the next 1000 pages:cheers:

Yeah, but confidence is fragile for newbies, especially when posting trades alongside seasoned campaigners. Its understandable that some will retreat into their shell a bit.
I noticed a drop off in posts but everyone's playing cricket, wandering around Kos, kidnapped by their kids for the hols, picking strawberries and generally drinking too much wine in the sun. As soon as the summers over and its raining outside, they'll all be back.
I seem to be gravitating towards indices a bit more than i expected and not trading much fx at the mo hence not too much from me but i'm sure i'll be back with my tail between my legs too when it all goes t1ts up! :eek:

Its cutting it fine,what close do you mean 9pm or midnight

Yeah its not looking good tbh but im going to abide by my stops.

On IBFX its going to be around 1am but I use other brokers too to double check on discrepancies.

(time was wrong)

Last edited:
Forgot to ask why?

For me i`ve noticed how price swings at old swing high` and lows but the actual CS closes beneath the prior swing high... Meaning its giving me a bias for a short.

Just something i`ve noticed and recorded along with a lot of other stuff!

(use it in conjunction with retests, tl etc)

Last edited:
I'll try to see if this is a genuine break out for GU

Long order @ 15807
Stop @ 15763

I'll cancel it if it hits 15763 before 15807

PS If it's a genuine break out, target should cover much more than the risk (a nice triangle there)

It's been around b/e or a small loss most of the time. I would have preferred at least 20 to 30 pips profit strait away, but it's a pattern based on daily charts so it may take time. Also there is a possibility of it being a fake.

Although it doesn't look too promising there is no need to despair - I have a stop in case it doesn't work

-38 x 2

not a good start to the day and taken my profits for the week. Im still not convinced this cable is upward and we may have had another spike

Yup I agree.

I was thinking about my stop placement last night, but I had already factored in 2% and didnt want to do myself over by moving it further away.

Im not going to re-enter short on cable here as nothing annoys me more re-entering on same market like a chase.

Just my opinion.

looking at cable and also gbp/aud. Shame my good run came to an end.Im still ahead for week but only just. Im really tempted to re short cable but couldnt suffer another spike so will look at other pairs. This gbp/aud looks to be approaching top of a channel

Attachments

• 2012-08-22_1055.png
    2012-08-22_1055.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 114
If price pulls back on Cable to 1.57365 - 1.57275 I am all over it long.

and EURUSD: 1.23852 too - like a tramp on chips.

as soon as I took the trade it fell 10 pips. It looks like my posting was just before that happened. If you look closely at the chart you can see the entry price shown by the green line and the price below. Id hat anyone to think I was posting late. Im hoping this was the perfect entry and never a pip down:smart:

Hopefully it works out well for you of course, but I`d see more in it before sell off...? I may be wrong and obviously its just an opinion with no conviction (i.e. money!)

Heres clearer chart,rectangle is entry bar at 14.44 t2win time so it was only a few pips out when posting.

Attachments

• 2012-08-22_1507.png
    2012-08-22_1507.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 116