Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Hmm.. having a surprising good day, just went short GBP/JPY at 13177, closed 20 minutes later at 13136 :)

Will now be looking to enter long at 13100 with SL @ 13050 TP @ 13250

i have just eyeballed the ES charts over the last week or so, I can def say that the ES is less manipulated in such an obvious way compared to gold, silver and FX. I will keep a look out for any opportunities.

This view stacks up with my understanding. Any manipulation in that sense would require significant push/pull on the cash markets because of arb trading and hence any manipulation during RTH would be difficult. However I do believe there is a big opportunity to do this in the overnight market, especially when Europe and Asia are open but US is closed.

Just a theory.

This view stacks up with my understanding. Any manipulation in that sense would require significant push/pull on the cash markets because of arb trading and hence any manipulation during RTH would be difficult. However I do believe there is a big opportunity to do this in the overnight market, especially when Europe and Asia are open but US is closed.

Just a theory.

the moves/trends look a lot smoother on the ES, not that they are easy to predict! pull up some silver charts and you will see what I mean.

the moves/trends look a lot smoother on the ES, not that they are easy to predict! pull up some silver charts and you will see what I mean.

I see what you mean. I also had a quick look at the daily for crude oil which looked like somebody has been setting price using a 4yr old with an etch-a-sketch

Incidentally, anybody interested in going short ES in the event it breaks-out south? Price currently loitering around the 1401 level. Today's VPOC currently at 1401.75. Somebody is holding up 1401.00 at the moment though.

NVPOC at 1398.50, gap close at 1394.25

Short E/U @ 1.3296 s/l 1.3351 target open

Attachments

• ej60m.gif
    ej60m.gif
    26.2 KB · Views: 102
Incidentally, anybody interested in going short ES in the event it breaks-out south? Price currently loitering around the 1401 level. Today's VPOC currently at 1401.75. Somebody is holding up 1401.00 at the moment though.

NVPOC at 1398.50, gap close at 1394.25

And there she blows.

CD, you think maybe the es is to strong at the moment? i don't think they can manipulate easily with this kind of market, they need a decent correction. every time they try to take it down to many buyers jumping in and screwing up their plan?
maybe they need some extra scary news..

CD, you think maybe the es is to strong at the moment? i don't think they can manipulate easily with this kind of market, they need a decent correction. every time they try to take it down to many buyers jumping in and screwing up their plan?
maybe they need some extra scary news..

if you dont think the ES can be easily manipulated think again, the flash crash being a perfect example. Market makers can restrict liquidity easily. Check out ben lichenstein at traders audio:

Traders Audio - S&P with Ben Lichtenstein

you can get a free trial, basically he adds his commentary live from the S&P pit. When he says goldman are buying or JPMorgan are buying, does it matter, hell yeah. When goldman buys people take note, you cant get that info from a chart or the tape, only from the floor.

you have probably heard he commentary that is on youtube during the flash crash. here it is.

May 6th 2010 Stock Market Crash - YouTube

All the market makers want to do is take price somewhere and revert it back taking out as many people as possible, this is their bread and butter. this is why it so often reverts to mean.

I just missed a prime opportunity on brent see chart attached. there was no such pattern on WTI, could it be that the brent price was manipulated. lol.

Attachments

• brent manipulation.png
    brent manipulation.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 146
wow that's some video:)

yes i do think they are manipulated but what i ment was that this particular market phase might give them problems because of the strong buying. if they try and fail it could be expensive for them so a bit of bad news could do the trick. just a thought but i do agree they are manipulated.
thanks for the links

I'm tempted to skip tonight's session. Not feeling like it, and I wouldn't want to suffer action like last night's.

I read earlier that retail forex volume is way down, but institutional volume which probably includes algo trading is way up. I can't remember the #$@%!$% website or link.

That fits with equities volume at pathetic lows. The small guys just aren't getting involved. All the high speed algo trading, manipulation, and front running have scared many people off for a long time.

Peter

^ That's really sad to hear since I'd like to eventually make a living doing this stuff. I've come to like it a bit too much not to at least give it a shot. :(

Maybe they'll eventually find a way to make man and machine co-exist? One can only hope...

I will give this a try tonight. I hope you gentlemen on this thread do not mind me joining.
nzd/usd sell @ 0.8180 stop 0.8264 this is a long term trade anything from 1day to possibly a week.

8:55am EUR German Unemployment Change
9:10am GBP MPC Member Fisher Speaks
9:30am GBP BOE Credit Conditions Survey
9:30am GBP Net Lending to Individuals m/m
9:30am GBP Index of Services 3m/3m
9:30am GBP M4 Money Supply m/m
9:30am GBP Mortgage Approvals
1:30pm CAD RMPI m/m
1:30pm CAD IPPI m/m
1:30pm USD Unemployment Claims
1:30pm USD Final GDP q/q
1:30pm USD Final GDP Price Index q/q