Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Haha, just one more to notch up to experience.

Oh well. Let this be a lesson. There'll be plenty more opportunities.

Seems to have died out now. Might call it a night and reflect on the trades I took, and the ones I didn't.

Right now it seems that I make a bunch of mistakes, but then I get a really nice trade or two that make it all back and push my equity curve higher. At least until I make the next bunch of mistakes.

If I could focus and find a way to eliminate those mistakes, I'm certain my trading would benefit quite a bit.

Alright, I'm outta here. It was good in the beginning.

I did do one thing quite right tonight: I waited for the right moment for my trades. I didn't get in too early or chase the market, I got in when I was reasonably certain I would have a successful trade, and both trades did that.

They did not go as far as anticipated. The first trade was good because I knew I had to cut early. The second trade was bad because I couldn't cut at all. That's all there is to it.

As for missed trades, that's life. Recognize them, and take e'm next time.

Good night all. :)

havent traded usd/jpy for a long while, this looks like a reasonably good line so taken the trade

Attachments

• 2012-03-08_0710.png
    2012-03-08_0710.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 110
2012-03-08 07:00 GMT

The ECB is expected to leave the interest rate unchanged at 1.0% ;

EUR/USD is currently dealing with session highs last at 1.3178, capped below descending trend line coming from 1.3485 double top Feb 29, and also below past Friday's lows and weekly close. Local share markets have been on the bounce today after three consecutive days falling, with US futures pointing higher and Nikkei index up by +1.51% above the 9700 points mark. GBP/USD opened the day at 1.5738 and spent the Asia-Pacific session trading in a 1.5722/45 range before breaking to a session high of 1.5755 as Asian stocks were lifted on a rumor that the PBoC may cut the RRR by 50bps today. USD/JPY has extended the bounce from its weekly low at 80.57 to 81.35 so far in the Asia-Pacific, last at 81.23 from 81.07 at the end of trade late Wednesday.

AUD/USD has just shot up to a session high of 1.0605 mid-day in Asia-Pacific trading, having rallied from an earlier post- Aussie unemployment rate session low of 1.0530 to 1.0606 on rumors the PBOC might cut the RRR 50 BPS later today. The EUR/JPY cross is currently retracing losses made earlier in the week and is pushing up against psychological resistance at the 107.00 mark after briefly peaking at 107.04.

moved stop to 81.60 on usd/jpy trade to give a little more breathing space in case I am right,but it doesnt look good:mad:

short eurjpy 107.60 stop 107.75

stop is just over the high of the last move up. Probably a stop run.

Peter

Good morning all. I'm late off the blocks today.

Hey Pete, when do you sleep..............Or do you sleep :whistling

Good morning all. I'm late off the blocks today.

Hey Pete, when do you sleep..............Or do you sleep :whistling

It catches up to me. I'm sure that's the reason I was feeling cr@ppy yesterday. I went back to bed for a few hours and all was well after that. I'm not as young as I used to be!

Peter