Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

jpy GDP data out in 30 minutes (6:50pm NY time).

Good thing you told me, Oanda doesn't have this one listed on the screen.

I'm with you that this seems like it could go either way. I had the idea that short has the advantage here, but it just moved up a bit.

I'll see what the GDP news gives before making a call.

Probably going to go your way now, Pete, unless some guy decides to blast the 90.

got lucky on both ends - was just shy of getting stopped out, but was able to exit at almost the exact low.

More luck than skill on that trade but I'll take it.

Peter

Lol -- Trading, the only game where players can take opposing stances and still come out winners!

Wish I'd taken that last one just a bit earlier, though. Missed another 2-3 opportunities too. Eh, at least I made some pips! :D

Now to see how strong the 90 is. I might look to go long around 83 if it retraces.

watching ej for trades and we missed audusd - spiked down about 50 pips and now is right back to pre spike level.

Certainly exciting :)

Peter

Both jpy and aud data gave us nice volatility but no real direction. I'm waiting now to see if a trend develops out of all this mess.

Peter

Long 106.835

I might be catching a falling knife... *gulp*

Stopped out -6.

Terrible frikkin' trade. The 90 was too strong, so I should have exited when I still had some profits, but I couldn't pull the trigger. I kept hoping it would go back up and I would exit BE, but it never went back.

Now where's a nice, hard wall where my head can find some penance?