Live & Die by the sword....

FC,
Just a little tip to fine tune your exit: :cool:

Try to imagine that your position is on 1K a point when it goes to 47 pts profit :!: Now you need to convert ur trailing stop from 50 to 7.

Dont reduce ur initial trailer to 40 [big mistake] in fact increase it to 60 and then reduce to 7 when 47 is reached! :cool: this action will lock in profits and will also make u feel that ur on top of the world :cheesy: :cool:

Now for the next tip: :rolleyes:
If you really want to get old quick and lose your hair and increase ur outgoing monthly bills including ur morgage by 200% then marriage is ideal for it. :LOL: I'm not so sure that Jilly would be the ideal partner tho? :rolleyes: :cheesy: [it is said that red heads are hot tempered and hard to please] :cheesy: in ALL departments :LOL: :cheesy:

When i got married [30 yrs ago] there was just 2 of us! now there is 7 of us in the family 4 boys 1 girl and very recently i got another 2 additions! a daughter in law and a grandson of 8 months.
Life is good very good but bloody expensive too :LOL:

Footsie just broken 5200

Bull
In all things and situations give thanx :LOL: :cheesy:
enjoy>> www.jc53.com

Last edited:
Just because I have a little light-hearted banter with FC, why has everyone suddenly gone all soppy? Marriage???? I ask you - where has that come from? :eek:

If I was a bloke adding chatty posts to the thread, no-one would comment.

I think I will just retire from this.

P.S. Bulldozer, people tell me that I'm one of those rare red-heads without a hot temper - however with regard to the other stuff......... ;)

right.. Cillit bang has us short from 1.7578 this morning... stop at 1.7628 and trailing...

been doing some reading on 1-2-3's as well.. that could well be august's challenge..

Hi FC

Here we have the first signal generated
All buy/sell figures are taken from CMC trading software

GBP/USD BUY at 1.7517/20

STOP at 1.7460
LIMIT at 1.7552
(Stop and limit will get revised at trade progresses)

This is done as quickly as I can to post the trade and I will add the chart in a minute

interesting.. i've been toying with something on EUR/USD and it looks like its about to fire a long very soon.. might coincide with your long in a bit.

fc

Here's the chart to go with it.

Attachments

• FX 5-July.doc
    79.5 KB · Views: 379
No, it's not the close price. It's the (HLOC)/4.

The Bollinger band is

MA - 9 periods
Standard deviation - 1.85
Method - simple
Applied to - (H+L+O+C)/4

For some reason it seems to work. I'd started using on the Dow end of day and then realised it worked on other things (not all).

It all started with the Goldline systems thing, as it intrigued me to see how their trades were triggered and if it could be replicated with all the indicators that are available. ProRealTime allows you to programme scenarios using various indicators and to backtest them. I didn't manage to get their entry and exit points, but I did come up with this variation, that gives some interesting entry points.

good investigative work there madamoiselle..

id honestly be surprised if it works consistently intraday though. from my brief research, BB's only work better on slower moving markets. FX is probably a bit noisy for this? must get loads of signals per day?

fc

It's a ten minute chart, so no it only seems to generate 3 -4 signals a day. First one today was a buy at 8.00am, then this one now.

Jilly,
Are you simply testing this ,or do you have some stats that tell you th win rate will stand this RR ? Glad you're staying..I'd marry you just for your courtesy (if I wasn't already exceedingly happily married ! ) ..back to topic ...test stats ..have you ?..forget it ..you've alraedy answered the qu while I was away mid typing of the post

chump said:
Jilly,
Are you simply testing this ,or do you have some stats that tell you th win rate will stand this RR ? Glad you're staying..I'd marry you just for your courtesy (if I wasn't already exceedingly happily married ! ) ..back to topic ...test stats ..have you ?..forget it ..you've alraedy answered the qu while I was away mid typing of the post

Thanks for that Chump.

I've backtested it on the Dow over the last 2 years using end of day data and Pro Real Time and with using the stops and limits, it was extremely reliable. But you have to use the stops to lock in the profit - this is the one golden rule. Setting the limit just allows you to take a maximum (or near maximum) profit should it hit during the day.

As far as the FX is concerned, I've just tried it over the last week on intraday and again - using the stops - it seems to give really good entry points. Ok it misses some as well, but hey it's not the holy grail.

P.S. I'm not married, just happily living in sin! From what I've read on another thread, I think you and Sandrab make a lovely couple.

Jilly,

are you prepared to disclose the number of periods the BB is being calculated over ?

you mentioned goldline. have you bought it / used it ?

thanks

trendie said:
Jilly,

are you prepared to disclose the number of periods the BB is being calculated over ?

you mentioned goldline. have you bought it / used it ?

thanks

Hi trendie

Yes, as I posted earlier - it's a ten minute chart with the BB MA period set at 9 - as well as the other tweaking meantioned on my earlier post.

No, I've never bought Goldline or used it, I've just been intrigued by it and what it could use for the triggers. As they post their entry/exit points on the web site, I was using these to try and see what indicators would generate similar signals. I didn't come up with one, but found this in the process.